Thread: Gold Inflation

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    They can't do that since they sell gold for cash now. They would be opening themselves up to a might be class action suit if they sold gold for a few years then devalued it like that.
    Again, I'm only talking about lootable gold. The only thing I can forsee is that people who are rich now would be mega rich after the squish but I feel like the market would work that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way to fix the problem is via a form of taxation - but Blizzard would first have to conclude that inflation is a bigger problem than the ‘fun’ of gold farming provides. I’m not sure they’re there yet, because their accounts are probably rammed with gold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Would "Platinum" coins (100 gold) make life easier for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Again, I'm only talking about lootable gold. The only thing I can forsee is that people who are rich now would be mega rich after the squish but I feel like the market would work that out.
    That would be pretty awful for newer players or people coming back from a break. It would create a larger gap between the people with the most gold and them. Making buying things from the AH even worse.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    talking about someone who doesnt understand ecconomics.... lootable gold is fine as it is. and a squish doesnt make rich people poor on the contrary it would only hurt the poor....

Deleted
    Only people with no gold or any idea how to make it could complain about something that isn't even happening.

I've made my gold over the course of 13 years, I don't spend it on things I don't want or need & as such I have 'plenty', so much so I will never need to want for gold.

Go QQ some other place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    talking about someone who doesnt understand ecconomics.... lootable gold is fine as it is. and a squish doesnt make rich people poor on the contrary it would only hurt the poor....
    You should be saltier.

When it comes right down to it, having a lot of gold is rather inconsequential. You don't need it to play and enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Yes it is. a 100% increase would be x2. A 1,000% increase is x10. A thousand PERCENT, not a thousands times.

Reading comprehension.
    Technically it's a 900% since an INCREASE of 1,000% would be 11m not 10m. If you want to play semantics atleast be accurate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Question:

Why is it an issue that people can have so much gold? I have over a million on one toon, from selling mats and stuff, which pales in comparison to some folks. But I don't feel a need to get envious or angry that they have more than me.

Is that all it is? Envy? Sour grapes?

I don't understand why it matters to anyone.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Needs to happen anyway. Increasing gold cap, doesnt help at all, only created the problem. If they want to have it like this, they need to increase repair gold to a maximum of 200,000 gold for full repair. And so on. This is the current path WoW is heading. Not good.

Or,

AH items (selling crafted, rare drop etc) to have a specific value that cannot be priced by players (similar to BDO), with less gold cap limit.
    Let's say you loot a BoE ilvl 970, you cannot sell it for more than 40,000 gold, and its range would be 35,000 to 40,000, whereas a ilvl 840 item would be sold at 5,000 to 7,500 gold. Spider mount would cost approx 200,000 gold.<---rough examples. I'd say, Gold cap to be 500,000 only, or 1 mill tops. Account wide. Probably has some flaws, but tbh its alot better than the current system wow has. Yes, this sounds like controlling players not to be too rich. Tbh, thats the point.

The more richer you are, the more you demand from your items, and you are unwilling to spend that gold.

I dunno honestly, I just say instead of increasing gold limit, decrease it. or put a certain limit, account wide, like 10mill gold, or 1 mill gold.
    That system will just cause people to use an alternate currency.

All they have to do is make every mount ever introduced in the game available on vendors. I'm tired of killing everything over and over again for a chance to get it. I'd happily spend millions of gold on the mounts though. Not so hard to do is it but blizzard is stupid imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    Technically it's a 900% since an INCREASE of 1,000% would be 11m not 10m. If you want to play semantics atleast be accurate.
    I’m not playing semantics. The guy I corrected acted as if OP said 1000x
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    no idea what the best way to deal with it as no matter what way it's done somebody is going to be upset with the results, the most efficient and cruel way would scale back all rewards to classic/tbc levels and axe the gold cap down to 500k or even 1mil per server or something, alot of us will lose our gold but thats the only way i can think of that would sort of reset things, not that i'd be happy about losing all my gold but it does seem obsolete after a while

Deleted
    The best way to remove gold from the game without hurting anyone, because it's not progress related, is cosmetics:

Different unique mounts ranging from 1.000.000 gold to 100.000.000 gold.
    Different unique transmogs ranging from 1.000.000 gold to 100.000.000 gold.
    Mounts and transmogs should look really special, in any way completely non comparable to all other sources where you could acquire mounts and transmogs.

The lower priced items will strip the majority of their gold or give them a target to work towards, and the highest priced items will suck the few super goblins dry.

They don't even need to increase the gold cap for this, as it could be a quest or an achievement, where you constantly give gold to an NPC whenever you want.

On my server a token is 300.000 gold, that equals 20 EUR. So 100.000.000 gold would be equal to 6.700 EUR. Hehe... people would insult that person all day long for sitting on such a pricey mount. Happened to me on the spider mount at the beginning of legion. It's entertaining.
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2018-02-18 at 04:04 PM.

there will be plenty of gold sinks in bfa so people lose the gold to build it up again towards the end. who even cares at this point?

Deleted
    I have over 50 million spread across my characters. There is nothing blizzard could introduce that would convince me to part with a single gold short of allowing me to buy the Warchiefs mantle or similar. Mounts, transmogs etc are completely worthless to me. If I could buy my own faction though, or a whole new section of a major city...now that would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubajee View Post
    i feel like gold numbers are getting out of hand, just like damage/health numbers. if they increase the gold cap by another 1,000%, which they did in legion, the next gold cap will be 100,000,000 gold per character.

sure there probably won't be missions that give you 2,5k gold each, the amount of gold will still increase.

i'd love to see some massive gold sinks and something like vendor mats for each craftable item, which would cause a slow deflation. otherwise the gold cap for the expac after BfA would probably be 1,000,000,000 or 1 billion gold.

what do you guys think?
    Gold sinks are just stupid because they didn't really put a dent of those who have 100m gold and very much hurt those who don't have an huge amount; the only way to really sink golds is to apply a tax per transaction based on the amount of gold owned by the account into a specific server.

For example dynamic prices/reward based on how much you had on that server, so a guy with 1M gold pay more than a guy with 10k and also get less from quests, boss and selling things to vendor, pay bigger fee at AH etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Gold sinks are just stupid because they didn't really put a dent of those who have 100m gold and very much hurt those who don't have an huge amount; the only way to really sink golds is to apply a tax per transaction based on the amount of gold owned by the account into a specific server.

For example dynamic prices/reward based on how much you had on that server, so a guy with 1M gold pay more than a guy with 10k and also get less from quests, boss and selling things to vendor, pay bigger fee at AH etc.
    Taxes can easily be evaded, aka store gold as valuable items or gbank or a second char/account if the fees or difference of payment is that huge. I don't think there is a way to fix the increasing gold inflation. However, one thing I would like them to fix is converting the currency or # squishing it. Instead of clicking 2,000,000 and needing to double check if it isn't 200,000 or vic versa, make a new coin or currency. To clarify, copper, silver, gold, next currency type. As an earlier posts stated, platinum.
    This won't fix inflation but it will help flatten the number a bit.