View Poll Results: Is this really an issue?

Voters
65. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

3 4.62%
  • Not really. More pressing concerns.

11 16.92%
  • Definitely not.

51 78.46%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

This becomes more and more profound as time goes on...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    CEO's are generally perfectionists or extremely motivated people. I don't think I've ever worked in a place that had a CEO under 50 that was overweight. Some of the older ones were overweight but even seeing pictures of them a bit earlier in life they were often Fit or at least average size.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Not every fat person has health problems and certainly doesn't mean they're lazy.
    Wrong. On both counts. No one can be both Fat and healthy, it is an oxymoron and it most certainly means 99% of the time they are Lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it that people are discriminated against because they are fat, or is it they are fat because they have low IQ and are not qualified for the job? Where is the data on that?

More bait threads, well done Tenissace. People already falling for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    CEO's are generally perfectionists or extremely motivated people. I don't think I've ever worked in a place that had a CEO under 50 that was overweight. Some of the older ones were overweight but even seeing pictures of them a bit earlier in life they were often Fit or at least average size.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. On both counts. No one can be both Fat and healthy, it is an oxymoron and it most certainly means 99% of the time they are Lazy.
    You can be overweight and not let that affect your work performance at all, even into retirement age. The employer doesn't care if you live to be 70 or 90.
    Mother pus bucket!

You should educate yourself on the matter more. You clearly don't even have the slightest understanding of this topic. If you want to eat healthy then you're either going to be spending a lot more money or having to prepare your own food (and it can still be expensive). So, it's much harder for poorer people to be healthy. Especially once you factor in having kids or other dependents. Grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning up afterwards can be pretty time consuming and can leave a person with essentially no free time. It makes it pretty difficult to motivate yourself to do all that over stopping by McDonald's.

It's not like I'm arguing that people just aren't eating healthy but I'm arguing against the idea that it's as easy as "just don't submit to gluttony."
    1) I'm a "poorer person" in Sweden. I am unemployed at the moment and have been for some time.
    2) When I was working, I worked 7-16, there was plenty of time for grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning up.
    3) It's not expensive to eat healthy.

There are a ton of reasons why higher management wouldn't be obese. The majority of them would have nothing to do with discrimination.

But let's be real, obesity should be discriminated against, it's not healthy and costs everyone money in the long run.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fat isn't a very scientific term. What do you consider someone as being fat? You would be unhealthy if you didn't have any fat. Someone with 10-15% body fat isn't the pinnacle of health but I wouldn't call them unhealthy either. And depending on the person, they can look pretty fat. It's definitely possible to be fat and healthy. And read above, to doesn't mean they're lazy. It just means they don't want to spend every waking moment of their life working.
    Don't try and start semantics. people referred to as FAT are Overweight. This thread is about "plus sized" models. Which are always Overweight, otherwise they would just be Models.

It's isn't possible to be both Plus Sized and healthy and the sooner people stop glamourizing landwhales the better society will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Working too hard to eat healthy? Just don't submit to gluttony and you won't become fat.
    hes acting like eating healthy is hard or takes time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Don't try and start semantics. people referred to as FAT are Overweight. This thread is about "plus sized" models. Which are always Overweight, otherwise they would just be Models.

It's isn't possible to be both Plus Sized and healthy and the sooner people stop glamourizing landwhales the better society will be.
    plus sized doesnt even mean fat to me. fat hanging off your extremities means fat to me. beer belly, leg fat, fat under the arms when you lift them. fat in the face. people know wtf FAT is. but i guess some sjw came by and made the phrase plus sized mean some other shit and so many followed. plus size is the same as big and tall. shaq aint fat... well he might be now but not 20 million a year SHAQ
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2017-11-28 at 03:03 PM.

I'm not surprised. Appearance is everything.

Does that mean this is justified? Absolutely not. But this is how big businesses work. If you really want the job, I suggest you lose weight. Complaining about it, while valid, is not likely to change how people feel about it, whether it is wrong or right doesn't matter, it is what it is and you'll have to adjust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    1) I'm a "poorer person" in Sweden. I am unemployed at the moment and have been for some time.
    2) When I was working, I worked 7-16, there was plenty of time for grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning up.
    3) It's not expensive to eat healthy.
    Not sure if you're being obtuse on purpose or not but:

1. Go get a job.

2. 7-16 isn't really working hours for anyone higher up. I am only in middle management and I work a LOT more hours then that.

3. Its cheaper to eat shit. I can feed my family for a week on 10 euro's by buying shit frozen food and deep frying it. The 10 euro will only get me 1 or 2 healthy meals though.

I agree with you that a lot of the fat people are probably lazy, but you were wrong on every single part of your "proof".
    I am fat because I choose to spend time with my family/friends and play video games in my spare time instead of going to the gym and spending my time tracking my food.

Yes thats bad but that has nothing to do with being poor, overworked or jobless - Thats just me being a lazy fuck in the hours I COULD be working out.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post

1. Go get a job.

2. 7-16 isn't really working hours for anyone higher up. I am only in middle management and I work a LOT more hours then that.

3. Its cheaper to eat shit. I can feed my family for a week on 10 euro's by buying shit frozen food and deep frying it. The 10 euro will only get me 1 or 2 healthy meals though.

I agree with you that a lot of the fat people are probably lazy, but you were wrong on every single part of your "proof".
    I am fat because I choose to spend time with my family/friends and play video games in my spare time instead of going to the gym and spending my time tracking my food.

Yes thats bad but that has nothing to do with being poor, overworked or jobless - Thats just me being a lazy fuck in the hours I COULD be working out.
    Read his post before even replying to mine. Poor people aren't higher ups.

Deleted

1. Go get a job.

Working out has barely anything to do with being overweight. You can be normal weight from simply not eating too much. If you're fat, you're eating too much

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Working out has barely anything to do with being overweight. You can be normal weight from simply not eating too much. If you're fat, you're eating too much
    Yep, I don't know why people think you have to work out to lose weight. I weighed in the 55-60 kg range before I started working out, just requires you to not submit to gluttony and eat too much.

I don't think there is any real problem here, bigger issues to tackle for sure.

1. Go get a job.

As someone who has been on both sides of the spectrum (aka eating shit frozen food and also eating healthy, as well as being overweight and being ideal weight) this just isn't true at all, it's only true on the surface if you put very little effort into the "eating healthy" part when it comes to sourcing food. Example frozen meal here would cost £2-5 with the quality and nutrition of said meals varying massively, and at that price range while I wouldn't choose it I could easily eat healthy (as in filling meals with nutrition without an excess of calories/sugar) using the frozen meals option with some effort to choose said meals carefully...

Alternatively I could do what I do already and that is simply buy vegetables, spices and bulk meat and cook my own food and for the same prices over the medium-long term I'm getting more food with better ingredients... I've heard it from my friends about how expensive healthy food is and then been in the supermarkets with them literally pointing it out how wrong they are, people just believe what they want to believe to support their choices.

Not saying you should buy meat at supermarkets though, can be expensive and meh quality.. I buy chicken from the abattoir, I buy pork/lamb products directly from a farm in bulk, it lasts literally months.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-11-28 at 03:56 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Probably because to much is very little when you sit down the whole day and take a 1/2k steps during the whole day :P.
    When you don't burn anything its very hard not to "overeat".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I don't think there is any real problem here, bigger issues to tackle for sure.

As someone who has been on both sides of the spectrum (aka eating shit frozen food and also eating healthy, as well as being overweight and being ideal weight) this just isn't true at all, it's only true on the surface if you put very little effort into the "eating healthy" part when it comes to sourcing food. Example frozen meal here would cost £2-5 and at that price range, with the quality and nutrition of said meals varying massively, while I wouldn't choose it I could easily eat healthy (as in filling meals with nutrition without an excess of calories/sugar) using the frozen meals option...

Alternatively I could do what I do already and that is simply buy vegetables, spices and bulk meat and cook my own food and for the same prices over the medium-long term I'm getting more food with better ingredients... I've heard it from my friends about how expensive healthy food is and then been in the supermarkets with them literally pointing it out how wrong they are, people just believe what they want to believe to support their choices.

Not saying you should buy meat at supermarkets though, can be expensive and meh quality.. I buy chicken from the abattoir, I buy pork/lamb products directly from a farm in bulk, it lasts literally months.
    I can buy a giant bag for fries or potato waffles, frozen sausages or burgers and a bag of pees that will feed me for the week for A LOT cheaper then I can buy any healthy food.
    This is why I said its cheaper to eat shit.

Not that i do this my self but I have years and years ago.

Probably because to much is very little when you sit down the whole day and take a 1/2k steps during the whole day :P.
    Uhm? No, it's not hard to not overeat. I need like 2100 calories per day with a light activity level just to maintain weight at 180 cm and 70 kg, if I was sedentary I'd need 1800ish. I'm eating like 2500-2700 right now.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2017-11-28 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Not really. Even if you don't move around a lot, the average adult could most likely still eat at least 1500 calories per day without "overeating".

- - - Updated - - -

I can buy a giant bag for fries or potato waffles, frozen sausages or burgers and a bag of pees that will feed me for the week for A LOT cheaper then I can buy any healthy food.

There is nothing unhealthy about a frozen bag of peas, the problem is you aren't using this logic to buy healthy foods but instead using it to buy unhealthy foods. You can apply that exact strategy to eating healthy and come out with a pretty balanced diet over the course of a week/month for low cost... You don't have to buy expensive "organic" fresh produce in order to eat healthy and be of healthy weight, you just have to not go down the path of buying absolute crap.

Trust me you wouldn't be fat if all you eat was those frozen sausages oven cooked and peas boiled.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

- - - Updated - - -

vegetables are super cheap wtf u talking about. if you're poor you cant have high standards. wtf is this shit.

hey i want an intelligent super model for a wife, but me? im ugly stupid and lazy. shit rarely works like that bro.