Poll: ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    What is it that you actually want? All the old mechanics/jungle/summoner spells/masteries/runes/everything? With the new champs, or without them? Only classic champions? Where's the cut off? Make it a completely separate game with a separate account and split the playerbase? How about ranked rules? Old version/new version/inbetween version?
    Like most classic WoW supporters, I want it exactly as it was during whatever patch they put it at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Dude that's business. Why would a company not cater to their largest demographic? And do you have any source other than how often people look up league related topics (using google). Also... if we go by that world of warcraft is at 4% of its peak popularity as far as search results. Does that mean it has 4% of peak players at 480,000? No. That is not a correlation and you seem to want to make it one.
    It's possible. Have you seen PvP participation numbers? https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...965447#post-18 (pre-s14 numbers should be multiplied by 3) It wouldn't be inaccurate to guess that the numbers have fallen well below 100k now in season 6 of legion.

I, as well as many others, disliked the 60 min games, the cheesy strats (lane swaps) just to speed up games, the long wait for minions and jungle to spawn, etc.

I don't understand how you can say the game is dying then say they do things for more viewership.
    You keep drawing conclusions based on your own opinion in order to declare the state of the game. I get that you might dislike the current league but that doesn't mean everyone else shares your opinion nor does it mean the game needs to go backwards based on the popularity in a search engine.
    You don't have to take it from me. Go find an LCS player's stream and ask them which season was their favorite. I remember sneaky saying it was the season when corki, ezreal, and graves were the meta ADCs.

You might have not liked the long games but those games had a lot more interesting things going on. In earlier seasons, a kill in lane was expected, not a surprise. Outplays like ryu vs faker were seen every game, now it's very rare to see a duel. A lot more entertaining than teamfight-baron-win.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-12-14 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    By that I mean... If you could go back and play a previous season, would you?

Personally I preferred the game during season 3/4. Maybe because it was when I began playing, but the game felt a bit more fun and fair. There was more power in the individual rather than the team. There were also champions I enjoyed playing that were removed/reworked. Like old graves, old darius, old twitch, old fiora, old rengar, and old shen.
    Wow, I opened a thread aswell in which I basically state this, and I got overwhelmed by salty butthurt and flame everywhere.
    Good to know that I am not the only one with this kind of opinion.

Deleted
    Yes, 100%, season 3 and 4 were sooo fun.

LoL is the only multiplayer game that has gotten better and better with every year. To me, obviously. The win rate of most champions are pretty good. There is only a handful of champions I would concider bad maining.

I think the meta right now is quite good.

I would not want to go back to season 3/4 where you claimed your lane ASAP in chat, or, if you were too slow you just said "mid or feed" to get your lane.

What specifically was more fun and fair? You mention "There was more power in the individual rather than the team" but in current meta both ADC, Mid, Jungler and Top can hard carry the game. There was a lot of periods where a role like jungler had way less impact.

Deleted
    No. Also op’s Argumentation of how league is dying and thus needs vanilla servers is borderline stupid

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    By that I mean... If you could go back and play a previous season, would you?

Personally I preferred the game during season 3/4. Maybe because it was when I began playing, but the game felt a bit more fun and fair. There was more power in the individual rather than the team. There were also champions I enjoyed playing that were removed/reworked. Like old graves, old darius, old twitch, old fiora, old rengar, and old shen.

In a heartbeat. Season 6 and up has just been burst burst burst bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is interested in going back to season 4, I've found a private server that does just that. Probably not allowed to link it here but if you want to check it out PM me.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    never go up

playing in a "solved" meta would become borng quite quickly tbh.

Deleted
    i want to play the old ap yi

Deleted
    If the champs were like before and no timers yes i would

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The game the way it's built is fine. Community and matchmaking are trash. Unbearable.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, 100%, season 3 and 4 were sooo fun.

R for old fiora is impressive, I got joy from each previous seaon I do not think I would go well the old map and skills, as I have getten used to the current version.