Poll: Would you like a currency above gold?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Time for a new currency above gold?

Many people are complaining that there is more and more gold in the system and naturally every expansion needs to put out more money as damage-number increases. And while there was a stat-squish, that's actually not so easy with the currency-system, because every change there would

So rather than a gold-squish, why doesn't we get a new Currency above Gold? So even if we go through the usual-routine of 100 gold converts to a new currency, that's quite a reducing of numbers.

So 100 Gold gets converted to 1 Truesilver Coin (the next rare metal in wow)

So if you have 2 million gold, it gets converted to 20.000 Truesilver Coins. To keep the UI simple, after you reach Truesilver, copper disappear from your UI and in the auction house menu. If necessary, this can taken further in future expansions (Arcanite Coin)

This would make a squish unnecessary, since the numbers gets automatically squished with the introduction of a new currency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Many people are complaining that there is more and more gold in the system and naturally every expansion needs to put out more money as damage-number increases. And while there was a stat-squish, that's actually not so easy with the currency-system, because every change there would
    I dont see the correlation here, higher dmg numbers = higher gold...?

I agree that there either needs to be something above gold, like platinum as example or we need a deflation of gold.
    The later could be achieved by breaking Legion orderhall gold missions in bfa, getting another mad merchant as gold sink and not implementing another "lol generate 4k gold per day per twink by doing nothing" system.

Let people farm gold at least a little bit and see what the free market will do.

Oh and also, please no blood/sargerit trader anymore, just tune the time gathered/material better than at the start of legion where before 7.1.5 a raid night would cost you 80k gold average... but by tuning it right gather professions would actually be profitable.
    Last edited by mmoc43c2267131; 2017-12-02 at 03:44 PM.

The problem with a new currency is that the term for currency in WoW is 'gold'. "How much Truesilver/Platinum/Arcanite do you have?" doesn't work as well, and likely it'll just continue being called 'gold' even though it's not the highest currency anymore which in turn will end up confusing new players.

I can see this being the biggest reason another currency above gold hasn't already been added, and for that reason they'll rather do some kind of gold sink or something in order to bring gold levels back to a sensible place.

EDIT: That said, there's plenty of games (majority of korean MMOs) where there's just a single currency, and things are sold for several hundred millions or even billions. WTS X 500M or WTS X 500g aren't that different in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2017-12-02 at 03:49 PM.

See im thinking something like platinium coins, not true silver but prett much the same vibe yes, that way we have a bit of a currency squish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I dont see the correlation here, higher dmg numbers = higher gold...?

I agree that there either needs to be something above gold, like platinum as example or we need a deflation of gold.
    The later could be achieved by breaking Legion orderhall gold missions in bfa, getting another mad merchant as gold sink and not implementing another "lol generate 4k gold per day per twink by doing nothing" system.

Let people farm gold at least a little bit and see what the free market will do.

Oh and also, please no blood/sargerit trader anymore, just tune the time gathered/material better than at the start of legion where before 7.1.5 a raid night would cost you 80k gold average(or farm 1 hour for every 2 hours raiding)... but by tuning it right gather professions would actually be profitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    we could have 1platinum=100g but do we really need it?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Platinum is what D&D used... However, gold just feels better to retain.

They just need to stop putting in retarded facebook mission gold rewards. Toss in a bunch of mount/pet/tmog goldsinkd in bfa and it’d prob even out fairly quickly. Or not. I dunno. I don’t see the purpose of converting to platinum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warbonds :P
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

There are no reason for this though. I rather keep my millions of gold, than start mixing up gold and truesilver. In the end it will only end up being the exact system, our gold now would be silver then. And people sould sit on millions of Truesilver.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

If you made a new level of currency where 1 equals 100g, or whatever, people will still call it Gold. Create the scenario in your mind where you're talking about something selling for 17,000 platinum for instance. You know you're going to be thinking "ok so how much Gold is that?... seventeen thousand times one hundred iiiiis... seventeen million? no no, 1.7 million? yea 1.7 mil, right, add two zeroes so I know how much Gold that is" Even if you're dealing with 17,000 platinum in the end.
    WOW uses Gold. gg

Deleted
    Simply add new currency before gold. 100copper=silver 100silver=electrum 100electrum=gold

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has used Gold, Silver and Copper for 13 years, why add something that's above Gold now?

Edit: I'm not talking about other things like valor points ect. Just Gold, Silver and Copper in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Simply add new currency before gold. 100copper=silver 100silver=electrum 100electrum=gold
    Smart, I like this more.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    EDIT: That said, there's plenty of games (majority of korean MMOs) where there's just a single currency, and things are sold for several hundred millions or even billions. WTS X 500M or WTS X 500g aren't that different in the grand scheme of things.
    Honestly, that's one of the things which really make it hard to immerse in these games. I don't get why the SE Asians have such a hard-on for dumb big numbers, but it does look and feel ridiculous.

Deleted
    Can we get a Khorium ?

I vote for Khorium

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    We don't run into 1 billion (1.000.000.000) gold yet so I don't see the need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Time for all these threads about new crazy ideas that Blizzard probably shouldn't implement and focus on core gameplay and story, because those are what are actually lacking in their game to just stop.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Honestly, that's one of the things which really make it hard to immerse in these games. I don't get why the SE Asians have such a hard-on for dumb big numbers, but it does look and feel ridiculous.
    I agree to some level, but solely for trading it works. For stuff like AH, 823,518,501 silver (BDO) looks less graceful than 82351g85s1c but not by a whole lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's because they disenchant themselves from the numbers. It's actually the one thing I like about eastern MMORPGs is that they do not give a single shit about big or small numbers, they are just numbers that are merely (or purely) symbolic.

And fundamentally, the numbers on the screen have no meaning aside from the 1 or 2 abilities you like seeing hit for big dick damage. Everything else is filler fuzz, even in western MMORPGs.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.