10+ Year Old Account

Question for Varimathras tanking

Does the tank that gets hit with his conal strike ability get the Misery debuff put on them since the attack does shadow damage?

Also, what's the best way to switch? Should both tanks stand next to each other until the conal ability, or should one always be behind boss when not tanking?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Does the tank that gets hit with his conal strike ability get the Misery debuff put on them since the attack does shadow damage?

Also, what's the best way to switch? Should both tanks stand next to each other until the conal ability, or should one always be behind boss when not tanking?
    1. The cone is shadow damage, so it does apply misery
    2. You have the current tank be in front of the boss, but within Vari's targeting circle, and the other tank be behind the boss, but also within Vari's targeting circle, and taunt off after the cleave. There's no reason for both tank to be in front and only further complicates movements needed.

The only thing I'd add is the shadow strike on Normal isn't a cleave. You can just have both tanks stand on top of each other and taunt swap that way. If you want to practice for heroic or are doing heroic, then yeah what David said is correct.

Make a triangle using both tanks and the boss. Make sure you are within 8 yards of each other. Never move and taunt swap. Easy....
    YouTube Channel
    Twitch Stream
    Beatmyfur - Guardian Druid - Stormrage- 1/11M Antorus

Quote Originally Posted by beatmyface View Post
    Make a triangle using both tanks and the boss. Make sure you are within 8 yards of each other. Never move and taunt swap. Easy....
    Have you tried this on heroic or normal? On normal it doesn't cleave according to someone above you. I am just wondering if the cone is narrow enough to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by yajinni View Post
    Have you tried this on heroic or normal? On normal it doesn't cleave according to someone above you. I am just wondering if the cone is narrow enough to do this.
    Works on heroic, the cone is very narrow. Once you figure out the positioning, tanks never have to move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

https://www.wowprogress.com/video/17...feral-tank-pov

gl hf

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    1. The cone is shadow damage, so it does apply misery
    2. You have the current tank be in front of the boss, but within Vari's targeting circle, and the other tank be behind the boss, but also within Vari's targeting circle, and taunt off after the cleave. There's no reason for both tank to be in front and only further complicates movements needed.
    that's the worst way possibly imaginable
    Just have the other tank stand in front 8 yards from the current tank,in a triangle formation

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    that's the worst way possibly imaginable
    Just have the other tank stand in front 8 yards from the current tank,in a triangle formation
    You're right. The shadow cleave's cone was far smaller than I expected so it is definitely possible for both tanks to be in front of the boss. One being on left and one being on right.

While I do concede that your method is better, you're greatly exaggerating with the "worst way possibly imaginable", as tank movement is extremely minimal and the range for Alone is quite forgiving

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    You're right. The shadow cleave's cone was far smaller than I expected so it is definitely possible for both tanks to be in front of the boss. One being on left and one being on right.

While I do concede that your method is better, you're greatly exaggerating with the "worst way possibly imaginable", as tank movement is extremely minimal and the range for Alone is quite forgiving
    Tank movement is very erratic by standing this close,we tried it and sometimes Varimathras just moved on his own

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Tank movement is very erratic by standing this close,we tried it and sometimes Varimathras just moved on his own
    That has never been the case with us. We killed it with tanks constantly moving and for the kill and the few wipes we were experimenting he didn't take a single step.

With that said, the 2 tank not moving strat is still superior since it eliminates one error factor that you need to constantly execute throughout the fight, so we'll definitely be incorporating that.