Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb you cupcakes don't know what you're asking for

i was a vanilla raider. i know firsthand what it takes to be one of the best geared on the server.

are you all really ready to raid 4-5 nights a week for 5 hours at a time and compete with 39 other people for drops? vanilla was not all roses and butterflies. if you don't have the right work/school schedule there is no way for you to get to the TOP. you will have to SACRIFICE so much

you dont know whats coming for ya
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

7+ Year Old Account
    I know, right! Cause people asking for vanilla have been ALL about the raiding aspect of vanilla..

For some reason, this post made the Pokemon theme song pop into my head...and then I found a mashup of POTUS singing it.

Thank you.

Vanilla will be such a roflstomp it will need a 20+ pegi rating for rape.

Honestly, at this point with what we know of raiding.

I think you have overestimated the difficulty and time commitment for the raid.

Now raid prep .... that's a bit stickier subject.

It will be a lot of fun seeing the forums flood with tears once it releases. They will be subtle tears though, people won't want to admit they were warned all along. Many will probably silently give up in shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Honestly, at this point with what we know of raiding.

I think you have overestimated the difficulty and time commitment for the raid.

Now raid prep .... that's a bit stickier subject.
    That's the thing, it's not difficulty that will be the challenge, it is everything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not this shit again...

By that logic. If you don't have the time to gear up, play and actively follow discussions and information on 2-4 characters, so your guild can gear up your main raiding characters in preparation for a new raid. You should not be raiding in retail.... or you can just do LFR with the occasional pug.

Similarly, you can find a raiding guild in classic that raids 4-8 hours a week, and is content with the content that can be cleared in that amount of time.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

What I think a lot of folks aren't fully prepared for really though will be the amount of healer poaching that will happen.

Sure it kind of goes on these days but back in the day you'd normally have one good guild per server and all the smaller and less advanced guilds would act as feeders for the good guild. Not officially or anything, like you wouldn't get folks showing up for alt-raids or that kind of deal, but the moment you had a well geared healer they'd be picked up quickly by a more advanced guild. Same thing with DPS, meanwhile tanks were always stuck since no guild ever wanted to try out an unknown tank - not enough room for error.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    i was a vanilla raider. i know firsthand what it takes to be one of the best geared on the server.

are you all really ready to raid 4-5 nights a week for 5 hours at a time and compete with 39 other people for drops? vanilla was not all roses and butterflies. if you don't have the right work/school schedule there is no way for you to get to the TOP. you will have to SACRIFICE so much

you dont know whats coming for ya
    Did you end up looking like your profile pic as a result? Also. People can just play a less time consuming and superior game... retail.

I think you're assuming you and your raid are as good as everyone else and you aren't. Groups will be raiding 2 nights a week and stomping all content unless it gets a lot of buffs. some people will be raiding a lot, and those are the bad groups, filled with bad players, like you. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting a thread off by addressing everyone as cupcakes isn't going to lead to anything useful. Not that there aren't already enough threads like this around.

Closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."