Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    ready for messi to beat you?
    I have a five pint bet on Messi to score first, my mate has Griezmann.
    As long as the wee tax dodging dwarf scores the first goal I'll be a happy camper.

Never bet against your own they say. But I have a good feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Winning 6-1 is playing like shit?

Yeah you gonna win the Cup for sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    Yeah you gonna win the Cup for sure
    So we can all hear "Arise Sir Jesse Lindgard and Dele Ali"

Winning 6-1 is playing like shit?
    Oh come on, it's Panama, their country is basically a canal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Oh come on, it's Panama, their country is basically a canal.
    So you beat them by two or three like Belgium. Not be 5 up at half time.

The "But it's X country" doesn't matter when you dispatch them so emphatically. It's certainly not playing like shit, it's also a better result than most people expected.

Now a draw, or a scraped 1-0 win? That'd be playing like shit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'd say France and England deserve to still be in it, Brazil and Argentina definitely got lucky as shit and I can't wait to see somebody steamroll them.
    I wonder which game you watched where Brazil got "lucky". Their game might not be what was expected before the WC, but they seemed to have it well under control today. France and Brazil probably playing on same level now (enough to get a result), with the difference that Brazil had a tougher group.

Even Argentina, the most "luck" they had was Nigeria beating Iceland, meaning they only depended on themselves to beat Nigeria and qualify, rather than beat Nigeria and hope for a favorable outcome out of Croatia vs Iceland. Plus, they deserved the result against Nigeria, even if their gameplay was not great either.

Quote Originally Posted by Unalorian View Post
    I wonder which game you watched where Brazil got "lucky". Their game might not be what was expected before the WC, but they seemed to have it well under control today. France and Brazil probably playing on same level now (enough to get a result), with the difference that Brazil had a tougher group.

Even Argentina, the most "luck" they had was Nigeria beating Iceland, meaning they only depended on themselves to beat Nigeria and qualify, rather than beat Nigeria and hope for a favorable outcome out of Croatia vs Iceland. Plus, they deserved the result against Nigeria, even if their gameplay was not great either.
    Luck on Brazil's part was scoring twice in extra time against Costa Rica after they spent 90 minutes successfully locking the game down and spread their legs open in the last 5 minutes. So that was both frustration from me at CR and yes, I do consider it luck for Brazil to score twice at extra time.

Fine, so Argentina didn't get lucky. I was pissed off Nigeria couldn't even get a draw, I admit it. I guess it's from a traditionalist's P.O.V, Nigeria has eliminated Argentina from World Cups before, Argentina got lucky Nigeria couldn't capitalize this time despite being in the driver's seat.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Luck on Brazil's part was scoring twice in extra time against Costa Rica after they spent 90 minutes successfully locking the game down and spread their legs open in the last 5 minutes. So that was both frustration from me at CR and yes, I do consider it luck for Brazil to score twice at extra time.

Fine, so Argentina didn't get lucky. I was pissed off Nigeria couldn't even get a draw, I admit it. I guess it's from a traditionalist's P.O.V, Nigeria has eliminated Argentina from World Cups before, Argentina got lucky Nigeria couldn't capitalize this time despite being in the driver's seat.
    I supposed you meant the extra time goals. But that makes no sense either, if you shoot 20x on goal, if ball gets in on the 20th attempt, that doesnt make it any less of a goal.

Lucky would be something accidental, like a defenseman throwing the ball to Navas, making a mistake and scoring a own goal to Brazil. Then I would agree.

PS: dont be frustrated over a game mate, embrace the south american that lives inside everyone of you! :P

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Only 1 goal would do it, so that extra goal doesn't matter at all. And well, scoring a goal in extra time has been pretty much the rule in this World Cup.

Deleted
    Merkel's SJW Team got wrecked by a country which doesn't even promote soccer

So you beat them by two or three like Belgium. Not be 5 up at half time.

The "But it's X country" doesn't matter when you dispatch them so emphatically. It's certainly not playing like shit, it's also a better result than most people expected.

Now a draw, or a scraped 1-0 win? That'd be playing like shit.
    Weren't most of the goals set pieces?

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear, I'm not saying we were bad, just that you can't draw any meaningful conclusions about how we're doing from such a team.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDeluXXXe View Post
    Merkel's SJW Team got wrecked by a country which doesn't even promote soccer
    Yeah well. First time they went out in Groupstage i guess. It had to happen at some Point. And its kinda good it happened now. Germanys Team right now isnt bad but some key Position need a refresh after all

I mean.. They scored 2 Goals in 3 Games. Last 2 Worldcups they scored 4 in their Opening Matches against Australia/Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Unalorian View Post
    I supposed you meant the extra time goals. But that makes no sense either, if you shoot 20x on goal, if ball gets in on the 20th attempt, that doesnt make it any less of a goal.

Lucky would be something accidental, like a defenseman throwing the ball to Navas, making a mistake and scoring a own goal to Brazil. Then I would agree.

PS: dont be frustrated over a game mate, embrace the south american that lives inside everyone of you! :P
    Bah fine, I concede!

Half the fun is being frustrated, it comes with the passion for the event. =P

Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    Yeah well. First time they went out in Groupstage i guess. It had to happen at some Point. And its kinda good it happened now. Germanys Team right now isnt bad but some key Position need a refresh after all

I mean.. They scored 2 Goals in 3 Games. Last 2 Worldcups they scored 4 in their Opening Matches against Australia/Portugal
    Happened to every Champion since 98 lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Happened to every Champion since 98 lol.
    Every European champion.

Brazil didn't go out in the groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Weren't most of the goals set pieces?
    Yep, Southgate studied the German and Spanish winning sides. Goals from open play aren't as common as you may think.

15+ Year Old Account
    England looked very dangerous from set pieces.

And yes Bobby C, Martinez is a knobbo for not bringing Nainggolan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    England looked very dangerous from set pieces.

And yes Bobby C, Martinez is a knobbo for not bringing Nainggolan.
    he would have just given a bit more balance. Dembele + Nainggolann behind the attacking threats could have been glorious

I mean the attacking threats is unreal - hazard, debruyne, mertens, carrasco, lukaku

but starts getting top heavy pretty quick and martinez loves his back 3 who are a bit slow pace wise and could defiantly use cover

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the england game tomorrow, nice to be able to just enjoy watching without fearing cocking something up and getting knocked out, but I guess that will come soon enough :P

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDeluXXXe View Post
    Merkel's SJW Team
    WTF are you smoking? Can I have some?
    Yak. Yak never changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if Kompany is actually going to be fit to play any of the matches in this WC. Great defender but would probably dislocate his shoulder putting on the captain's armband.