Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think you're vastly misinterpreting the British mindset. Like all people who expect to be the best, falling short of the best means very little. 4th place is only slightly better than losing in the round of 16. Being #2 would be an actual big step up. Keep in mind, it has been 28 years since an England semi - but 28 years is nothing compared to the 52 years since their WC win. 28 years people can remember. The semis are just to whet the appetite.
    Gary Lineker said it best

Tired of explaining humour to people who don't even care about Football but just see the WC as an excuse to nation bash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Gary Lineker said it best

Tired of explaining humour to people who don't even care about Football but just see the WC as an excuse to nation bash.
    Gary Lineker....

Anyhow, I think people who care about 3rd place seem to care more about football than you lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    gz england for acomplishing what south korea already accomplished in 2002 lmfao

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Gary Lineker....

Anyhow, I think people who care about 3rd place seem to care more about football than you lot.
    Third place is the second best loser, congrats to Belgium on that achievement I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Third place is the second best loser, congrats to Belgium on that achievement I guess.
    Rather be happy about that instead of being bitter and accept you ain't going to win something with this team for the next decade and still beats 4th while losing a a bunch of games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Rather be happy about that instead of being bitter and accept you ain't going to win something with this team for the next decade and still beats 4th while losing a a bunch of games.
    I'm not bitter, I just don't care about 4th, 3rd or 2nd in a knockout tournament.

Kinda pathetic the people who do, but to each there own.

Deleted
    I'm not bitter, I just don't care about 4th, 3rd or 2nd in a knockout tournament.

thats the definition of bitterness... lmfao the salt, so delicious

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah those who care how well their team do are pathetic not those that first shit on their team, then made a shot at winning and were winning it and later act like they never really believed they would get far. But seen this display from the english enough to last me a year, so enjoy being bitter while i have fun

Deleted
    I'll be honest guys, I'm confident we'll do it.

I'll be devastated if we falter in the final once more.

may the best team win!

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep saying bitter. Keep saying arrogant. You are wrong, and it is laughable.

How many times have people laughed at clubs for celebrating 3rd or 4th place in the league? They have suddenly shut the fuck up now haven't they.

Achievement for the best of the shitters, confuckinggratulations.

We don't have a third place playoff for any of these:

The UEFA European Championship
    The Champions League
    The Copa Libertadores
    The Europa League
    The FA Cup
    The Copa del Rey
    The Coupe de France
    The Coppa Italia
    The DFP-Pokal

etc. etc. etc.

Yeah those who care how well their team do are pathetic not those that first shit on their team, then made a shot at winning and were winning it and later act like they never really believed they would get far. But seen this display from the english enough to last me a year, so enjoy being bitter while i have fun
    I mean are you fucking serious? Many of us said before the fucking tournament that we didn't expect to get out of the group stages. What planet are you on?
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-07-15 at 02:08 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Keep saying bitter. Keep saying arrogant. You are wrong, and it is laughable.

How many times have people laughed at clubs for celebrating 3rd or 4th place in the league? They have suddenly shut the fuck up now haven't they.

Achievement for the best of the shitters, confuckinggratulations.

We don't have a third place playoff for any of these:

The UEFA European Championship
    The Champions League
    The Copa Libertadores
    The Europa League
    The FA Cup
    The Copa del Rey
    The Coupe de France
    The Coppa Italia
    The DFP-Pokal

etc. etc. etc.
    Best argument ever, other cups don't have a third place play off so therefor no other cup should have one.

As i said before it's your choice to act like this about it, enjoy the next cup with a team again that feels not supported, nah you're probably going to be claiming you'll be winning it again after winning a single game, nope not bitter at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Best argument ever, other cups don't have a third place play off so therefor no other cup should have one.

As i said before it's your choice to act like this about it, enjoy the next cup with a team again that feels not supported, nah you're probably going to be claiming you'll be winning it again after winning a single game, nope not bitter at all
    You can't recognise bitterness if you think this is it, I don't know why I am bothering with you. Hold on to that third place all you want. The only thing that matters is who wins the final.

I'll say it again, yes, im sooo bitter about losing the losers match.
    So bitter about losing that i DIDNT EVEN WATCH THE FUCKING THING TO SEE IF WE WOULD WIN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Seriously.

It is meaningless, as is 4th place and 2nd place too for that matter.

As for the whole 'you'll probably claim to win' did you like completely ignore this?

It'll be 3-1 to Croatia I recon.
    Me totally expecting us to win. Yep.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-07-15 at 02:16 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    How complicated is it to accept that in the scheme of things, 3rd place isn't that important but still matters to a small degree?

It's orders of magnitude less important than winning, but on the flip side, how hard is to realise that people can nonetheless be happy their team was 3rd rather than 4th? I mean shit, getting your a good WC finish can mean different things to different nations. If Australia makes it to the world cup, I'm largely happy. You can bet your arse than whilst I intellectually realise 3rd v 4th is not particularly important, if it was a country I was cheering for from parochial pride, then it would matter greatly.

Hapring on and on about how it doesn't matter is missing the point - it does matter for some people - and it just makes you look bitter when you have the UK tag beside your location.

Anyway, enough of that tiresome argument, onto the final. If France win, I can be happy for the French side of my family. If Croatia win, be great to see them lift it for the first time. Regardless, cheering fully for France.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't recognise bitterness if you think this is it, I don't know why I am bothering with you. Hold on to that third place all you want. The only thing that matters is who wins the final.

I'll say it again, yes, im sooo bitter about losing the losers match.
    So bitter about losing that i DIDNT EVEN WATCH THE FUCKING THING TO SEE IF WE WOULD WIN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Seriously.

It is meaningless, as is 4th place and 2nd place too for that matter.
    Because you were fairly certain you would lose it just like the game before.

Christ can this tournament end already so all the "Britian sucks tee hee" people can fuck off for another 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Christ can this tournament end already so all the "Britian sucks tee hee" people can fuck off for another 4 years.
    there always is the euro in 2 years

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I didn't watch it, because, and here is the big shock that i know is going to hit you from out of nowhere:

I didn't give a fuck about a completely pointless and irrelevant match.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I didn't watch it, because, and here is the big shock that i know is going to hit you from out of nowhere:

I didn't give a fuck.
    It's okay you'll do better next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay you'll do better next time.
    Um, okay? Nice attempt though.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Well Netherlands that came 3rd last world cup (which no doubt everyone already knew that because its so important) their manager "This match should never be played. I've been saying that for 10 years; it's unfair," said Van Gaal ahead of the third-place clash against Brazil, who was about to take over as head coach of Manchester United. http://www.goal.com/en/news/why-is-t...417hv78uoedkk6

I think we'll have to agree to disagree of the significance it has for different people/nations/fans.

Umtiti creating an account to shit on the English, what a guy, thats quite the bucket list you must have.

I'm gonna try a bit more positive today and select my team of the tournament. Guess it depends on today a bit, but..

Lloris (Golden glove)

Trippier Mina Maguire Pavard

DeBruyne Modric (Player of tournament) Rakitic Hazard

Mbappe Kane (cuz golden boot)