Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    You know, like with a certain heroic class that was released after TBC...
    Which they admitted was bad design with Demon Hunters.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Deathknights?

and there was nothing wrong with that, the only problem was them having to go to outland first.

one of the big fun things with new expansions is that new races or classes or class reworks get people to try new characters from scratch. and of course we'll most likely have a character boost as well, so one can use that for anyone you MUST have immediately. Let your new allies have time to acclimate themselves to the world of azeroth before you send em to some warfront in the great sea.

(and dont bother with the 'but if you boost no heritage armor, the ENTIRE point of that is a reward for actually leveling the character.)
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Deathknights?

and there was nothing wrong with that, the only problem was them having to go to outland first.

one of the big fun things with new expansions is that new races or classes or class reworks get people to try new characters from scratch. and of course we'll most likely have a character boost as well, so one can use that for anyone you MUST have immediately. Let your new allies have time to acclimate themselves to the world of azeroth before you send em to some warfront in the great sea.

(and dont bother with the 'but if you boost no heritage armor, the ENTIRE point of that is a reward for actually leveling the character.)
    What GCSmith meant was: They admitted that doing it DK style was a bad idea when they released DH. That releasing them right at launch and forcing them to run through BC content was a mistake, because it meant that those characters hit Northrend late, and didn't get to experience the zones with their friends.

With 90 levels to gain, the Allied Races that can be accessible before reaching the high end content should get several -months- of lead-time so that people can level up their new alt in time to enjoy the new content alongside their friends, is the main thrust of GCSmith's, slightly disjointed, argument.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I was talking about DKs starting on (basically) 58, as opposed to 70 (or 68), where new content was expected. DHs on the other hand are VERY good in that regard. They start 98, have their campaign until 100, and then get to the new stuff immediately.

If you meant that they remedied the mistake they made with DKs BY making DHs how they are - then yeah, I agree.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    I was talking about DKs starting on (basically) 58, as opposed to 70 (or 68), where new content was expected. DHs on the other hand are VERY good in that regard. They start 98, have their campaign until 100, and then get to the new stuff immediately.

If you meant that they remedied the mistake they made with DKs BY making DHs how they are - then yeah, I agree.
    Yeah, they remedied that mistake with DHs, but they also -expressed- that it was a mistake in the first place, saying they wouldn't do it anymore.

Which is why level 20 Allied Races looks like maybe it'll come a looooot sooner than Battle's launch.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It will contain them. There were leaks saying they'd be out before BfA and they're currently turning up int he Alpha.

Also, it doesn't make any logical sense for them not to be.

If they're released with BfA, players will have to either ignore them while they level and check the new zones, or they'll ignore the new zones and level the new race they want. Neither is ideal.

If they're released in a patch before BfA it will keep players entertained and they can spend time levelling up their new characters in the wait until the next expansion (and keep paying a sub for this time)
    You assume that Blizzard wants you to level them in the first place.

What Blizzard wants is to have as many people as possible pay for race changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    It seems you're under the impression that you have to have a troll at max level to unlock zandalari trolls. You don't...

You don't have to have a troll to unlock zandalari trolls.... you just have to have a horde character...

Despite what some people keep saying, these are not "Sub Races" and they are in no way tied to an existing race...
    Ahh... OK that makes much more sense. Thanks. I got the 'not sub races' part but for some reason I'd gotten the impression that I still needed to have a max level character of the same main race. Thanks again for clearing that up.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-12-06 at 04:26 AM.

If we get them before BfA it'll be a preorder bonus like Demon Hunters were for Legion. They might put in the attunement to unlock them but not allow them to be playable until launch unless you preorder.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would having the races before 8.0 be cool? Yeah.
    Is it required? No.
    Should people stop feeling they are entitled to shit just because it's been Datamined? yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    If they're released with BfA, players will have to either ignore them while they level and check the new zones, or they'll ignore the new zones and level the new race they want. Neither is ideal.
    And? That's how it is with every new Character/class. There are plenty of people that start new expacs from scratch and many that play their main and try new classes/races in their downtime.

Goddamn this community is entitled. everything is "GIMME GIMME GIMME NOW NOW NOW!!"

Hell, they basically give everyone a free level boost with the last 2 expacs. feel free to use that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post

That's... wrong?

Like... Which is better: $15 a month for however long it takes to get "Caught up" with gear, getting the Leggos you want, etc, or just race changing for $25 or doing the $15 a month -then- race changing for Heritage Armor?

The answer is: No matter what you do, Blizzard wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post

Actually, what Blizzard really wants is to stop a large number of subscribers who may decide to take 6 months (or more) off of their payments, temporarily cancelling those subs during another inevitable (and infamous) content drought. New reasons for people to keep paying for their subscriptions during the down time, in this case to create and level new characters, is a major move toward solving that problem.

THAT is what allied races and updated leveling experiences will combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they can either have my sub for 7-10months extra + a bfa preorder nearly a year in advance +rep for efficiently solving the content drought

or they can have my purchase of bfa the week before and me moving to other games during the content drought like i've done so many times in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Well they can either have my sub for 7-10months extra + a bfa preorder nearly a year in advance +rep for efficiently solving the content drought

or they can have my purchase of bfa the week before and me moving to other games during the content drought like i've done so many times in the past.
    With you completely... and I'm sure it's occurred to them too. That's why I'm certain the four allied races already in the patch WILL come with 7.3.5. Holding them another 3-4 months does nobody any good. especially not Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question you gotta ask is why would they be on the PTR? If those races were in 8.0 exclusively there would be no reason to test them on the PTR, they could keep it in the Alpha/Beta build of the expansion and do everything they need there. If it was a few models, then i could see it being just a leak, but fully fleshed out quests? Mounts? all that other jazz? There is no reason for it unless they intended to use the whole package soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    The question you gotta ask is why would they be on the PTR? If those races were in 8.0 exclusively there would be no reason to test them on the PTR, they could keep it in the Alpha/Beta build of the expansion and do everything they need there. If it was a few models, then i could see it being just a leak, but fully fleshed out quests? Mounts? all that other jazz? There is no reason for it unless they intended to use the whole package soon.
    The fact that four allied races that are already in the game itself (specifically, all four being part of the overall story of Legion) are the ones with all their details in the 7.3.5 PTR build, whereas the two the official site mentions are specifically tied to BfA (Zandalari Trolls and Dark Iron Dwarves are stated on the "Allied Races" page to be races unlocked during BfA questing), is further proof that yes, indeed, these are being released with 7.3.5. Probably enabled with pre-order of the expac. The "don't look at 7.3.5 datamining as it includes allied races too" line from Blizzard is just deflection.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    With you completely... and I'm sure it's occurred to them too. That's why I'm certain the four allied races already in the patch WILL come with 7.3.5. Holding them another 3-4 months does nobody any good. especially not Blizzard.
    You seem to completly ignore the possiblity of Blizzard making more content for Legion before the arrival of BFA. Who knows if we might get some extra content between now and the fall of next year
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    You seem to completly ignore the possiblity of Blizzard making more content for Legion before the arrival of BFA. Who knows if we might get some extra content between now and the fall of next year
    The 7.3.5 "content splash screen" see here on Wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277755/7...-title-and-pet

clearly shows that 7.3.5 features content Blizzard titles "Legion: Epilogue". If 7.3.5 is the epilogue, that means that's it for Legion... and almost certainly nothing new beyond that until the expansion comes out. (That 'epilogue' is the Silithus storyline with the wound in the world, with the main content being the new leveling scaling situation.)

Allied Races come with pre-order
    Digital Mounts are
    Alliance: Seabraid Stallion
    Horde: Armored Raptor
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Ive never understood why people think that they'd take one of the only really new features that we know of, one that's been asked for as sub races for a long time... and give it to us now and as part of the expansion that they want to sell.
    There's many more new features that were announced, that we know of, and that are far more interesting. Also what we are getting is not subraces that people asked for, it's allied races which is better cuz it's way less restrictive and copy/pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    The 7.3.5 "content splash screen" see here on Wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277755/7...-title-and-pet

clearly shows that 7.3.5 features content Blizzard titles "Legion: Epilogue". If 7.3.5 is the epilogue, that means that's it for Legion... and almost certainly nothing new beyond that until the expansion comes out. (That 'epilogue' is the Silithus storyline with the wound in the world, with the main content being the new leveling scaling situation.)
    Well, I guess since prepatches count as prologues, I can't wait to see pre events stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Allied Races come with pre-order
    Digital Mounts are
    Alliance: Seabraid Stallion
    Horde: Armored Raptor
    how you know this?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!