Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No BIG classe changes killed my hype

it's like i'm waiting for a simple patch instead of an expansion :'(

15+ Year Old Account
    Some specs are getting reworks.

why exactly do you need BIG class changes when almost all of them are fine?

P.S: I said ALMOST, not all of them.

I hate getting big class changes, people like you are what ruin the game, we dont need to relearn our classes every single xpac, specially the classes that are fine right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, normally I hate reworks, but given the state of my preferred classes right now, I'd welcome them. They need to just copy+paste MoP Warrior, for example.

Deleted
    After the butchering the devs did in Legion, I also hoped they would go back on their steps and return to a class design closer to MoP.
    Right now there are a lot of specs that are simply horrible. They didn't need to do a complete overhaul again, they just needed to refine what is working right now, and rework the specs that they destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Some specs are getting reworks.
    Yeah well just Survival and Demolock i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post
    why exactly do you need BIG class changes when almost all of them are fine?

P.S: I said ALMOST, not all of them.

all the classes are fucked, what are you talking about? and they fucked them with wod and legion, by pruning them like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    I hate getting big class changes, people like you are what ruin the game, we dont need to relearn our classes every single xpac, specially the classes that are fine right now
    I disagree, classes needs to be revitalized every couple of years, so you don't get sick and tired of the same skills and rotations. It doesn't matter that they are "fine". You can always do more to differentiate the specs, and make them feel more close to the spec fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    all the classes are fucked, what are you talking about? and they fucked them with wod and legion, by pruning them like crazy
    Really? The only spec I feel is a little boring to play is Retribution. But it was fine in WoD. Not sure why people are fussing about pruning. Applying 5 debuffs or whatever is boring, and also having skills that aren't beneficial to use in any situations is confusing and pointless.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I disagree, classes needs to be revitalized every couple of years, so you don't get sick and tired of the same skills and rotations. It doesn't matter that they are "fine". You can always do more to differentiate the specs, and make them feel more close to the spec fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? The only spec I feel is a little boring to play is Retribution. But it was fine in WoD. Not sure why people are fussing about pruning. Applying 5 debuffs or whatever is boring, and also having skills that aren't beneficial to use in any situations is confusing and pointless.

they removed alot of actually beneficial abilities.. and abilities that took skill to use.. also they removed/changed alot of mechanics that were hard to master aswell(like dot snapshotting for example)

and if it was confusing for someone it was their problem.. if it wasnt beneficial for you then you shoulda just removed it from your bars and forget about them

I think all the classes play fine and uniquely enough, just some are suffering worse than others from the ridiculous pruning.

I'm waiting to see which artifact abilities get baked into which specs. Since too many specs in Legion were designed around the artifact (disc priest being a huge obvious).

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    A major class change is turning a ranged spec (Survival) into a Melee spec. They just said there won't be huge changes like that in the game this time. That doesn't mean Demo locks and destro locks are stuck with their trash playstyle.

There will be changes, just not as drastic as changing it like Surv.

they removed alot of actually beneficial abilities.. and abilities that took skill to use.. also they removed/changed alot of mechanics that were hard to master aswell(like dot snapshotting for example)
    That things are hard, doesn't necessarily make them good. Maybe snapshotting was not intended to be a skill you were supposed to master, and Blizzard wanted to add "class mastery" in a different way. They shouldn't keep something that they don't like.

and if it was confusing for someone it was their problem.. if it wasnt beneficial for you then you shoulda just removed it from your bars and forget about them
    Why have something you will never need? It's just clutter. Fine, I can ignore something useless, but the best solution is just to remove it, and rather re-implement it later into something that you can use. When I make a program, I don't keep functions and classes I didn't need in the final product, they go in the bin.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. Frankly, if a spec is in a good place I never saw the point in reinventing the wheel, lest we get things like the absolute shitshow Arms was in WoD after it hit a high point in Mists of Pandaria. Blizzard has mentioned some specs aren't performing a way they were happy with, so those specs will be getting revisited. But specs like Arms, Fury, and Frost DK (randomly pulled out of a hat) are, mechanically, in a good enough place that all they really need are numbers tuning and minor changes to account for losing our Artifact weapon abilities once we start replacing them with quest/dungeon/raid weapons.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

That things are hard, doesn't necessarily make them good. Maybe snapshotting was not intended to be a skill you were supposed to master, and Blizzard wanted to add "class mastery" in a different way. They shouldn't keep something that they don't like.

Why have something you will never need? It's just clutter. Fine, I can ignore something useless, but the best solution is just to remove it, and rather re-implement it later into something that you can use. When I make a program, I don't keep functions and classes I didn't need in the final product, they go in the bin.

again you didnt need it.. i needed it..

and the thing that was in the game since vanilla up till wod wasnt supposed to do.. well blizzard can say that we arent supposed to have alot of abilities.. we're supposed to have only 2..

its basically why the game is easy and boring..

I've never loved fire mage more than I have with legion, and it's not even really in a good spot balance wise right now.

Deleted
    Why are big class changes needed? if your hype is killed that easy then R.I.P hype

I actually like this. I'm tired of changes all the time.

again you didnt need it.. i needed it..

and the thing that was in the game since vanilla up till wod wasnt supposed to do.. well blizzard can say that we arent supposed to have alot of abilities.. we're supposed to have only 2..

its basically why the game is easy and boring..
    What do you need it for? It doesn't fit in your rotation, and doesn't increase your power in any situation.
    Blizzard doesn't want you to have to have two abilities, take a look at the rotation now compared to vanilla. And now we have talents that offer a little variety in gameplay, compared to the cookie-cutter dogma of old.

So what if Blizzard removes Spell ranks? So what if Blizzard removes weapon skills? It's just an annoyance, not variety.
    Mother pus bucket!

What do you need it for? It doesn't fit in your rotation, and doesn't increase your power in any situation.
    Blizzard doesn't want you to have to have two abilities, take a look at the rotation now compared to vanilla. And now we have talents that offer a little variety in gameplay, compared to the cookie-cutter dogma of old.

So what if Blizzard removes Spell ranks? So what if Blizzard removes weapon skills? It's just an annoyance, not variety.

you realize that there are other parts of the game other than just raiding? there is pvp right? other shit.. and even in pve it used to be more fun to play alot of classes when you had more shit to press.. spell ranks were actually a cool thing.. when as a mage you were using rank1 frost bolt to slow people cuz it had a super fast cast time

and im not comparing legion to vanilla.. i dont care about vanilla when it comes to class design