Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ebonhorn (spoilers)

Guess he is not uncorrupted. Guess he is gonna end up a raid/instance boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Reading comprehension is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Reading comprehension is hard.
    Feel free to correct me, I still read it as Ebonhorn is corrupted in spite of him saying otherwise.

Now that would be utterly dull and foolish move by blizzard, so it really isn't that unlikely. But since we have a bunch of far more corrupted elves running around, apparently "sane" I'd say he has a good chance of being uncorrupted.

Feel free to correct me, I still read it as Ebonhorn is corrupted in spite of him saying otherwise.
    He's not the only being that heard the whispers in that scenario script. Blizzard being the writer can do whatever they want, and you can always argue that both Wrathion and Ebonhorn are cleansed, not uncorrupted from the beginning, not that uncorrupted in WoW universe has any meaning

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Now that would be utterly dull and foolish move by blizzard, so it really isn't that unlikely. But since we have a bunch of far more corrupted elves running around, apparently "sane" I'd say he has a good chance of being uncorrupted.
    Well he is horde aligned so....he is fucking dead.

Deleted
    Well the Alliance will get a whole race in lightforge Draenei corrupted by the light jioning them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ebonhorne said he was uncorrupted due to the hammer, he never said it made him immune.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's like there wasn't a quest chain in Highmountain that delved into Ebonhorn's past and explained all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Ebonhorne said he was uncorrupted due to the hammer, he never said it made him immune.
    Okay but what would be the point in getting him corrupted again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    Boss?? reference needed

Black dragons are just more attuned to the world than other races, meaning they're more vurnerable to the old Gods.

Like how Malfurion and the other druids being attuned to the Dream makes them more prone to the Nightmare.

If he was corrupted already, they wouldn't have said "you will serve", since he would already be serving.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Okay but what would be the point in getting him corrupted again?
    Depends on the story the scenario is telling. He might be THE target or it might be an attack on the city in general. We will have to wait and see.

Depends on the story the scenario is telling. He might be THE target or it might be an attack on the city in general. We will have to wait and see.
    I never really understood how Neltharion getting corrupted caused all the black dragons getting corrupted, really. But what's good about the Old God lore is the mystery of it, so all is well.
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this will push Wrathion to look for allies in the Alliance to complete the cleansing of his people (I don't think he knows that Ebonhorn exist, even less that he is not corrupted and i doubt he would trust him -or maybe even care for that-), maybe that's why Wrathion was in the Alliance Embasy (but was taken out as it may be for something that may happen later in the story of the expansion). -I mean, Ebonhorn is now horde, so its all his people, so the Alliance have no reason to not take advantage of Wrathion help.

7+ Year Old Account
    I never really understood how Neltharion getting corrupted caused all the black dragons getting corrupted, really. But what's good about the Old God lore is the mystery of it, so all is well.
    all the black dragons in some form come from him, he had power on then, it was like a genetic disease. Black dragons are "earth" dragons, more close on the world, so the old god have more power on then

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    He was their trusted leader, he told them to accept a mysterious gift so they did so From there all the eggs were tainted so eventually all the pure Black dragons were either tainted or died.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    all the black dragons in some form come from him, he had power on then, it was like a genetic disease. Black dragons are "earth" dragons, more close on the world, so the old god have more power on then
    Maybe is part of a magical link, though we actually don't know how many Black Dragons Neltharion sired before being corrupted, or how many of them lived past his full corruption. Or he corrupted all his remaining uncorrupted children during WotA to close in ranks.

Back to Ebonhorn, while he is cleansed from corruption, he's still a black dragon, and black dragons by nature of drawing their power from the earth are more susceptible to Old God corruption than other races.

What I got from the scenario spoilers is that the OG attempted to corrupt him for these reasons, but failed to really take a hold on him thanks to the player.

There's some kind of sympathetic relationship in the WoW universe between leaders and their subjects. Orc chieftains drink the blood, it spreads the bloodlust to their entire tribes. Neltharion goes insane from Old God whispers, he takes them with him.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Not really, since the corruption spread to the dragons that were alive back then. It's not a case of only the newborns get corrupted or anything, Neltharion got corrupted, so did the rest of the flight.

He was their trusted leader, he told them to accept a mysterious gift so they did so From there all the eggs were tainted so eventually all the pure Black dragons were either tainted or died.
    Where did you get this from?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    There's some kind of sympathetic relationship in the WoW universe between leaders and their subjects. Orc chieftains drink the blood, it spreads the bloodlust to their entire tribes. Neltharion goes insane from Old God whispers, he takes them with him.
    The clan members drank the blood too, only the chieftains were the first to drink it.