Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Saurfang stands upright too

I just want to say how much i love this. For the longest time, it seemed to be implied Thrall was the only orc to stand upright, and it was based on his being raised by humans instead of orcs (yeah that was a thing back in the day and the excuse why he was the only one who got an upright model update).
    But this here to me is how orcs should have looked all along, and that hunched looked has always been a misguided aspect of vanilla wow designers unwilling to update the models past that mistake.

I can't wait for the choice to make my orcs stand upright.
    #boycottchina

I might race change back to Orc if/when this happens.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Saurfang's model is using the Draenei skeleton

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    When I saw the new Saurfang model in the Ogrimmar throne room on the PTR I admit I was taken aback - but on reflection it's definitely a good look the Orcs in general:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Been playing since the start, and never had an interest in orcs due to the hunch. I might actually have a new race to try, how exciting!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

it is already confirmed from blizzcon that orcs will have the option to standup. you will be able to change it in barbershop. if i remember it correctly, it wont come with the pre-bfa patch but at expansion launch.

This man...He is my fucking hero and look at his stance. Slightly to right. Somebody copy paste his dialog text in orgrimmar from vanilla.

With all the talk about elves in the Horde being the saving grace for the Horde population, a part of me wonders if upright orcs was the answer all along. I mean just seeing Saurfang stand straight is like looking at a new race, and it’s glorious.

I wonder what Blizzard's long term plan is with this character. He is an obvious BA but he is also super old and I'm not sure where his development can go from here. Even if he becomes warchief it's like... and then what...? I hope he passes the baton to a new, younger Orc character over an expansion or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    With all the talk about elves in the Horde being the saving grace for the Horde population, a part of me wonders if upright orcs was the answer all along. I mean just seeing Saurfang stand straight is like looking at a new race, and it’s glorious.
    This will definitely win over a few people and perhaps convince only BElf players to try something new, but at the end of the day players are gonna want their pretty Elves. No way around it.

You guys are acting like this is all new stuff.... As if we didn't see Upright orcs ALLLLLL of WOD and the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Silverdawn18 View Post
    Looks like Saurfang's model is using the Draenei skeleton
    I knew something about him looked strange beyond him standing upright. Why the hell did they give him a Draenei Skeleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    You guys are acting like this is all new stuff.... As if we didn't see Upright orcs ALLLLLL of WOD and the Movie
    What a great post to have as your first post in this forum...

Anyways, upright orcs is something people have been requesting for a long time. It's one thing to see other orcs standing upright... and another to have your orc character stand upright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kennedy View Post
    I knew something about him looked strange beyond him standing upright. Why the hell did they give him a Draenei Skeleton.
    They didn't. Saurfang's using a slightly modified Orc skeleton - look up Saurfang's new model and the current Orc model in the modelviewer and compare. The stand and walk animations are almost identical, and the combat animations ARE identical.

nice observation

I wonder if we get his horde tabard, looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    What a great post to have as your first post in this forum...

Anyways, upright orcs is something people have been requesting for a long time. It's one thing to see other orcs standing upright... and another to have your orc character stand upright.
    You're right. My post was uninformed. There's a similarity in stance between orc and draenei men. It's just more apparent when the orcs stand up right.
    Last edited by Captain Kennedy; 2017-12-03 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kennedy View Post
    You're right. My post was uninformed. There's a similarity in stance between orcs and draenei men. It's just more apparent when the orcs stand up right.
    thats because their similar in body types and muscle mass, so probably share a similar stance.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    it is already confirmed from blizzcon that orcs will have the option to standup. you will be able to change it in barbershop. if i remember it correctly, it wont come with the pre-bfa patch but at expansion launch.
    Or when you make a new orc you'll have the choice of hunched, or straight back, if I'm not mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good. I wonder just how many Orc NPCs they'll fix? Should, for example, Garrosh have his model adjusted? I wonder what the straight v hunched Orc NPC ratio will be going forward as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Or when you make a new orc you'll have the choice of hunched, or straight back, if I'm not mistaken.
    yes. well my point was merely that you wont be needing to purchase any services in case you are a male orc already and just want to remove the hunch. but what you're saying is correct, you can make that choice at new character selection.