Page 1 of 2
LastLast

More allied races that switched sides?

Void Elves are former blood elves on the Alliance.

So what kind of other variations of this concept could we get?

Lanky and thin Alterac humans in the Horde (syndicate models)?
    Grimtotem in the Alliance.
    Feral Worgen packs in the Horde.
    Redeemed undead for Alliance.

This is just a silly thread, but what do you all think could possibly work as an allied race?

For some reason I've always liked to sport an idea that Alterac will join the Horde and the Laughing Skull clan will join the Alliance. The irony would be sweet.

Night elf, disguised as Murloc King (forgot his name), will teach a new generation of murlocs, that will join the Alliance.

new candle making profession could usher kobolds into the horde!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Grimtotem in the alliance? Interesting, but I can't understand why they would join up.

Maybe more chances to punt gnomes?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Grimtotem in the alliance? Interesting, but I can't understand why they would join up.

Maybe more chances to punt gnomes?
    You formed a very brief alliance with them in Stonetalon.

And the Horde fucking -hate- the Grimtotem, and want Magatha's head. What better place for her to flee than to Baine's enemies?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Most of the grim totem joined the Horde under new leadership back in the shattering I believe or some other wow book.

Jevan Grimtotem
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-12-03 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not.

For me, Void Elves and Nightborne should remain the exception to the rule. Look what Blizzard had to go through to justify each of them.

I would prefer that from now on, Allied races are kept on the faction belonging to their parent race.

Otherwise we are going to end up in a situation where the two factions are an indistinguishable mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Most of the grim totem joined the Horde under new leadership back in the shattering I believe or some other wow book.

Jevan Grimtotem
    I believe only a few Grimtotem followed Jevan, the rest chose to live in exile with Magatha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I severely doubt the Grimtotem would deign to join the Alliance - they are, except for some noteworthy outliers, Tauren supremacists and xenophobes of the first rank.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Severely doubt it will happen.

The only reason Blizzard pulled VE was to normalize the faction balance. Now essentially each faction has a form of Night Elves and Blood Elves.

Deleted
    Maybe Mag'har? Hellscream loyalists? They do hate humans and the Alliance, but I'm sure they hate more Horde races for their betrayal.

Grimtotem, with more customisation, they can be forged into blood magic wielding minotaurs. Pople wanted Feltotem and this can be the answer.

As far as trolls go I can think of Farraki or Jungle trolls. With Lordaeron conquered and Silvermoon being the last standing Horde camp in NK, they might be temped to join the Alliance and crush their old enemy. Or maybe those old god worshipping ones after detox.

Ultimately I think it should lead to a balance between 'mean' races within both factions.

Let's be honest, the only reason that the alliance gets the void elves is because Blizz can't give in and give them High Elves. Plus, the alliance have been craving for the combat animations of a blood elf, and this is the easiest way to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmguitar View Post
    Let's be honest, the only reason that the alliance gets the void elves is because Blizz can't give in and give them High Elves. Plus, the alliance have been craving for the combat animations of a blood elf, and this is the easiest way to get them.
    No Void Elf DK tho :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyzk View Post
    No Void Elf DK tho :/
    You can really only bend lore so far. And Void Elves are already kinda iffy IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    You can really only bend lore so far. And Void Elves are already kinda iffy IMO.
    Eh, at this point, there's no excuse not to let all Allied Races be Death Knights. We know the Ebon Blade has been reanimating Death Knights beyond the Four Horseman. Doesn't seem like much of a stretch, we already have Tauren Paladins and Worgen Death Knights running around. With regard to the DK starting zone, Allied Race DKs should start at 58 and just skip it. Regular characters are already starting at 20 to avoid the work of starting zones, after all.

I can see Blizzard giving Horde undead using the human model (e.g. Nathanos) if they can come up with a desirable Horde based model to give to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Eh, at this point, there's no excuse not to let all Allied Races be Death Knights. We know the Ebon Blade has been reanimating Death Knights beyond the Four Horseman. Doesn't seem like much of a stretch, we already have Tauren Paladins and Worgen Death Knights running around. With regard to the DK starting zone, Allied Race DKs should start at 58 and just skip it. Regular characters are already starting at 20 to avoid the work of starting zones, after all.
    The time continuity already doesn’t make sense. Every Allied race except Dark Iron should start at 110 as they weren’t around from TBC -> the beginning of Legion.

That said, playing the devils advocate just because DKs can raise some new DKs with the help of the LK, doesn’t mean they should or that said Allied race would be okay with it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    I can see Blizzard giving Horde undead using the human model (e.g. Nathanos) if they can come up with a desirable Horde based model to give to the Alliance.
    They seemed to have quashed that already since they established the lore of just how difficult it was to restore a single Forsaken like that.

And honestly I really don’t care to see the game become nothing but human a vs human b and elf a vs elf b

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I severely doubt the Grimtotem would deign to join the Alliance - they are, except for some noteworthy outliers, Tauren supremacists and xenophobes of the first rank.
    So...they’ll fit right in....

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I hope not.

For me, Void Elves and Nightborne should remain the exception to the rule. Look what Blizzard had to go through to justify each of them.

I would prefer that from now on, Allied races are kept on the faction belonging to their parent race.

Otherwise we are going to end up in a situation where the two factions are an indistinguishable mess.
    I agree, they should be very much the exception rather than the rule. Ofc I guess sub-races of them could continue, but they should not be added as an actual allied race, but maybe a customization you can choose.