Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    How is stagger pausing costing you brews? You're using them anyway on your ironskin upkeep, just let your buffer dwindle while tanking then refresh 2 times during misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    That's an interesting take, I have not thought about using elusive dance.

I'm having a hard time with Varimathras and stagger pausing feels so unnatural. I think purifying might fit my playstyle better (ie, lazy).

Edit: Nevermind, did the fight last night. I found that 1 or 2 (at most, rarely) purifies made the fight basically laughable from a BRM tanking standpoint. I listened to people saying to 2x pause stagger or 1x pause then 1x purify and I feel loading that much damage on the backend was unnecessary and could put strain on healers. Just purifying enough to live through was good enough for me - and more importantly I was able to go HAM on DPS (95% ilvl parse). One shot it that way.
    Glad someone else tried it this way, I've found it really is the more optimal way to handle it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by snife View Post
    How is stagger pausing costing you brews? You're using them anyway on your ironskin upkeep, just let your buffer dwindle while tanking then refresh 2 times during misery.
    ISB doesn't do much while you aren't tanking, and pausing does not reduce your damage taken unless followed by a purify once stagger builds up. All pausing does is delay your death, while purifying does that AND reduces your overall damage taken, which (in some people's opinion) is one of your jobs as a tank.
    Last edited by PinDrop; 2017-12-22 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    That's an interesting take, I have not thought about using elusive dance.

I'm having a hard time with Varimathras and stagger pausing feels so unnatural. I think purifying might fit my playstyle better (ie, lazy).

Edit: Nevermind, did the fight last night. I found that 1 or 2 (at most, rarely) purifies made the fight basically laughable from a BRM tanking standpoint. I listened to people saying to 2x pause stagger or 1x pause then 1x purify and I feel loading that much damage on the backend was unnecessary and could put strain on healers. Just purifying enough to live through was good enough for me - and more importantly I was able to go HAM on DPS (95% ilvl parse). One shot it that way.
    Glad to hear it. I killed him first time without doing anything out of my routine. Then I read about stagger pausing, used that last time and it felt very awkward. I was wasting GCDs (sure I could get better at this with practice) trying to make sure BoS & ISB lined up at the precise moment I needed them. If purifying works, that will be easier.

- - - Updated - - -

What legendary combos are people using for which fights?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Using available cooldowns (Exploding, trinket) when boss is at 80+ energy, purify right after shadow cleave, Expel Harm right after debuff expires worked flawlessly.
    Also keep in mind that Varimathras and Hounds do more magical damage (on brewmaster) than physical, unlike other typical bosses so taking armor trinkets should be lower priority.
    Varimathras's shadow cleave is considered aoe so taking some gear with avoidance could be more eficient since it's very cheap stat.
    Last edited by osa; 2017-12-27 at 12:28 PM.

Protip (although been said before :P): learn to use transcendance.
    This can be usefull almost every boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Silox View Post
    Protip (although been said before :P): learn to use transcendance.
    This can be usefull almost every boss.
    I personally dont like using it on most fights. My reason being, you cant always tell exactly what shit is where the clone is. You could easily be teleporting into bad stuff for instance. Besides that, a single roll usually gets you were you need to be anyway. Me personally, I have found the best use of transcendence is resetting a boss when it goes wrong. Saves so much time between pulls even that you can easily get a half dozen more attempts in during a night.