Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    "Actively making fun of the behavior of the players and breaking their addon is something normal."
    You do realise you just link armory instead nowadays? GS was just a simple, FAST method of knowing whether someone's gear was good.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You do realise you just link armory instead nowadays? GS was just a simple, FAST method of knowing whether someone's gear was good.
    GS was a dumb tool made for even dumber people. I remember seeing an influx of clothadins and rets running around in armor pen gear because it gave them a higher GS.

Armory inspects have been nothing new. Back in the day we didn't need them because we either knew each-other or we would ask for inspects+plus ask questions about tactics.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    I've heard talk of molten core and blacwing lair or maybe onixia becoming easier once you have access to ZG gear. So I'm thinking if they release the patches in order and ZG isn't out as soon as classic releases.. they should also add an ahead of the curve molten core achievement for completing the raid before ZG comes out.
    Vanilla doesn't even have achievements, what the fuck are you on about.

Take your shit-stirring, troll-bait threads elsewhere, please.

Apparently I don't so enlighten me. I've never raided with PUGs but if I made a PUG raid I would want geared people, of course. Because if I take a noob he will have the same roll chance as someone that works hard. Similarly if someone's doing poor DPS I'd kick him out and get someone else because it would be disrespectful to the people actually trying if the bad player got their gear.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpgyJVGj5Kg

Never did raids in Vanilla, but PUGs in BC were my staple when my small 10 man guild wasn't going to do Kara for the week. Obligatory old school Wow parody link.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisObscuri View Post

Never did raids in Vanilla, but PUGs in BC were my staple when my small 10 man guild wasn't going to do Kara for the week. Obligatory old school Wow parody link.

I'm not an officer or class leader in my current Vanilla guild, but when our raid leader organises a pug ( on his alt or second alt ) he has the connections to get some really good players to come. So he does have space to choose. He also makes anyone who joins go on TS.

If you're content with inviting and kicking randoms that don't have voice comms or gear or leave halfway through good for you, I for one would rather not deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisObscuri View Post

Nyhm < 3
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

You're about 13 years too late for Ahead of the curve: Molten Core. Just sayin'.

In seriousness, putting it into classic servers would be pointless. I'm not against it, I just am aware that it would mean nothing. Ragnaros isn't even hard. Ahead of the Curve: Naxxramus might be interesting, but the simple fact is that raids like that were progressed in based off of how consistent the team was and how lucky with loot they were.

In short, Ahead of the Curve achievements are kind of pointless for Classic Servers, especially since world first progression guilds probably aren't going to be participating.

- - - Updated - - -

Gearscore was always flawed and a bad system for telling someone's skill level. And people used it for shit like the Wintergrasp raid, which is almost impossible to wipe on. Gearscore was hated on because it was a stupid, pointless system that rarely had any kind of accuracy.

The achievement system wasn't added until the pre-patch in BC for WotLK so I wouldn't expect achievements. Besides, getting to 60 getting ready to raid and finding a reliable raid group will be an achievement in itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    Vaelastrazs was easier than a modern day LFR boss. People struggled because of threat issues and the fact that it was hard to have 4 or 5 tanks use their brains. And if Flamegor was a cockblock, your raid team was just incompetent.

Again, people need to get it through their thick skulls - in terms of difficulty, Vanilla raiding is an absolute joke compared to today. LFR Kil'Jaeden is harder than any boss in MC or BWL, and probably any boss in AQ40 aside from C'thun.
    People wiped on Vaelastrazs because of several reasons. First of all the concepts of aggro where not as well documentated as they are today. It's like I give you a random DPS class, give you no numbers on how much damage each skill does and you try to perform at being a damage dealer. It was a hilarious time.

You also wiped on Vaelastrazs because you simple needed the right setup if you didn't outgear the fight. You got just four priests? See ya next week. You have six priests but in the first four bombs there are two priests (~ 20%)? You wipe. Somebody pulled aggro because aggro was not documentaed? You wipe. Your best DPS get the bomb? You wipe. It got easier when you outgeared the encounter but with a combination of MC/ZG/Blue-gear? Good luck!

Flamegore had this marvelous debuff which randomly didn't fall of the tank even with max. I think you can guess what happened then. You wipe

Did you even raid back then? If yes I'd love to see your armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    You could do MC with dungeon gear lol i had the valor set when i started in MC.
    Yeah but this time everyone knows Valor is dog poo poo so it will be even easier.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

The retail vanilla is catering to everyone. Classic WoW will not. Simple as that. (but everyone is welcome of course)

Deleted
    whats the point, already cleared it 12 yrs ago

No, it shouldn't be added. The achievement system did not exist in vanilla/classic WoW and therefore should not be part of the new classic servers that Blizzard are creating.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Achievements simply became a shortcut for players to judge you, as much as the intent was different.
    One of the best things about vanilla was players actually talking to each other, instead of trying to judge someone in 2 seconds flat.
    No, it is better without them. Players can't abuse what isn't there.

Personal goals can be just that still, and if they are a personal goal, they don't need to be advertised or shouted about.
    The satisfaction is meeting them, not having some label to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Fuck achievements, I hope they don't add that retail aids.
    The community is what made them a problem, not them being that inherently.
    Easy to blame retail for lots of things, but we have to remember that it is the players who make those decisions themselves.
    Achievements are not something blizzard dictated as a requirement for content, players did.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-12-03 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    With just a couple basic qol improvements I think that would be rad as fuck.

Actually I take it back I need meters.
    Behold the conundrum of the entire project! So many people have so many different ideas about what should be in classic. Addons? Achievements? Naxx? TBC? WotLK? 40 man raid, or remastered to 10/20? M+? Leave bugs in? What patch? Do the servers progress after a certain amount of time in "Seasons"?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Did achievements exist in Vanilla/Classic?

No, it arrived with the wotlk pre-patch.

Thus, it shouldn't be on classic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Behold the conundrum of the entire project! So many people have so many different ideas about what should be in classic. Addons? Achievements? Naxx? TBC? WotLK? 40 man raid, or remastered to 10/20? M+? Leave bugs in? What patch? Do the servers progress after a certain amount of time in "Seasons"?
    I'd like to talk to and slap in the face anyone who truly thinks bugs should be left in the game.

There are no achievements in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Did achievements exist in Vanilla/Classic?
    Nope, they were added at the very end of TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I'd like to talk to and slap in the face anyone who truly thinks bugs should be left in the game.
    "It's part of the original experience!!!!11!11one"

I agree. People have some weird ideas about trying to recreate nostalgia. I still think the entire project is doomed to failure if they try to stick to vanilla only.