Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Perfectly aware of that. A raiding guild -SHOULD- ask for gear. So I don't see why you're whining. I'm not going to take someone with Naxx epics when I want to raid ICC.

As for bold, my guild does. They got as far as Chromaggus in BWL. Pretty impressive for a pug.
    Except we are talking about frigging pugs here and not guilds.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

I haven't played Retail since Cata. There is no reason for Vanilla to not have good features.
    It's hardly vanilla anymore if they add shit from later expansions to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    Carebears like you make me want to play vanilla and be toxic.
    Enjoy getting ganked and/or becoming a social pariah.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Achievments are retarded.

People in retail are now asking for AotC to join Normal Antorus pugs.

The raid hasn't been out for a bloody week.
    "I can't get into a higher end pug waah I'm a baby.. achievements are bad because im excluded."

That's your way of thinking. People should take you to their runs even though it could cause some difficulty for not only them but the other players in the group and waste precious time of others lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Enjoy getting ganked and/or becoming a social pariah.
    Nobody cares what some old timer carebears think of them. My guild will be named <Retail Savages>

"I can't get into a higher end pug waah I'm a baby.. achievements are bad because im excluded."

That's your way of thinking. People should take you to their runs even though it could cause some difficulty for not only them but the other players in the group and waste precious time of others lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody cares what some old timer carebears think of them. My guild will be named <Retail Savages>
    Does your mum know you are on the Internet?

Does your mum know you are on the Internet?
    Dont hate on the Retail Savage Millennium Classic Micro Community wait til we play your game.

Dont hate on the Retail Savage Millennium Classic Micro Community wait til we play your game.
    Lol .

Adding a graveyard isn't, adding optional models isn't but adding achievements is something ABSOLUTELY major. Do you really want the toxic stupidity of WoTLK pugs back: "LFM Scholo, link achi".

Yeah no.
    The same toxic behavior existed, people just inspected your gear. You didn't have the correct tier sets to prove that you'd been there and done that, you didn't get a spot.

My guild will be named <Retail Savages>
    I can pretty much guarantee that you are going to be ganked so much with such a guild tag as to quit Classic in tears.

You don't really understand whom you will be competing against in Classic. For instance, my own raid guild (the core around 30 people) have been playing Vanilla and TBC for the past 5 or 6 years. To state that we know Vanilla well is an understatement. We know every detail in it, and you are going to face guilds such as mine levelling as a group.

You are going to be roadkill or even less than that. A scrub.

The carnage and the world PvP that's going to happen has not been seen in Retail since the days Ghostcrawler was still a player.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The same toxic behavior existed, people just inspected your gear. You didn't have the correct tier sets to prove that you'd been there and done that, you didn't get a spot.
    Nobody asked for tier sets because getting full tier was hard when the bosses dropped 2-3 pieces of gear each. The most I remember was asking for either full valor or full T0.5 later in the expansion for MC pugs.

The gear-whoring started in TBC with S1/S2 and it wasn't as bad as the Wrath nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee that you are going to be ganked so much with such a guild tag as to quit Classic in tears.

You don't really understand whom you will be competing against in Classic. For instance, my own raid guild (the core around 30 people) have been playing Vanilla and TBC for the past 5 or 6 years. To state that we know Vanilla well is an understatement. We know every detail in it, and you are going to face guilds such as mine levelling as a group.

The carnage and the world PvP that's going to happen has not been seen in Retail since the days Ghostcrawler was still a player.
    Pics or it didn't happen scary old man.

Save it, he's a literal child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    You needed to run a lot of ZG's (remember bosses didnt drop that much loot back in the days) to gear 40+ people, now for MC it wasnt realy a problem but with ZG+MC gear BWL realy wasnt that easy, on the top of my head Vaelastrazs and Flamegor where a real cockblock for us back when we did BWL eventho we had run MC tons of times, as for Onyxia she has never been hard.
    you can run two ZGs a week with 40 people....

More importantly, though, the hardest part will be getting 40 ony cloaks.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Except we are talking about frigging pugs here and not guilds.
    Dude if you're going to pug a raid you definitely have the right to ask for a certain GS to make it easier. Why should I inspect every piece of someone's gear when I can just ask for GS?

- - - Updated - - -

The idea of an alliance pvp guild makes me laugh.

You'll be camping stormwind doing premades after you get fucked in the ass in world pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's hardly vanilla anymore if they add shit from later expansions to it.
    Sure it is. Vanilla was about the sense of community and working hard to keep 40 people focused and geared in raids.

Achievements, models, more graveyards don't change that.

Save it, he's a literal child.
    And who is he? An old man who plays illegal vanilla servers and doesn't pay a subscription!

Nobody asked for tier sets because getting full tier was hard when the bosses dropped 2-3 pieces of gear each. The most I remember was asking for either full valor or full T0.5 later in the expansion for MC pugs.

The gear-whoring started in TBC with S1/S2 and it wasn't as bad as the Wrath nonsense.
    Gear-Whoring was literally always a thing. It just didn't have things like gearscore addons or achievements to define it. But make no mistake, it was still a barrier to entry and people were real dirtbags about it.

Either way, adding achievements to "Classic" servers won't change how people act. They'll either ask for a linked achievement, or look at your armory, or check your gear when you arrive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.

"Ganked" roflmao.

Like I get it, you guys want classic, but the idea they are going to back pedal on server design going forward? That's just silly. Unless you were thinking it was going to be the 1 to 1 classic experience like everyone else, right?

More importantly though, this is more proof than anything that Classic WoW raids will not stand a fucking chance, nor will they last anywhere near the length they did when in retail save for C'thun because bugs (HAH). I know it will be fun for the select few players that have always wanted a chance to experience it, or the ones that purely love it. But for people thinking it will be a hard experience? Nope, just grinding.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Dude if you're going to pug a raid you definitely have the right to ask for a certain GS to make it easier. Why should I inspect every piece of someone's gear when I can just ask for GS?

- - - Updated - - -

The idea of an alliance pvp guild makes me laugh.

You'll be camping stormwind doing premades after you get fucked in the ass in world pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure it is. Vanilla was about the sense of community and working hard to keep 40 people focused and geared in raids.

Achievements, models, more graveyards don't change that.
    You've played in Wrath, you know exactly why.

- - - Updated - - -

And who is he? An old man who plays illegal vanilla servers and doesn't pay a subscription!
    You don't pay your subscription, your parents do. Please stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Gear-Whoring was literally always a thing. It just didn't have things like gearscore addons or achievements to define it. But make no mistake, it was still a barrier to entry and people were real dirtbags about it.

Either way, adding achievements to "Classic" servers won't change how people act. They'll either ask for a linked achievement, or look at your armory, or check your gear when you arrive.
    Checking 19 other people is different than saying a blanket number. At the very least, you can't use addons to lie yourself into a pug and makes pugs far more stable, considering you are individually inspecting all of your raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't pay your subscription, your parents do. Please stop.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure they pay for it? Are you sure blizzards second rendition of vanilla won't have achievements?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You're a troll right? Anyone know if he's a troll? I think he's a troll.

Achievements are NOT fun and doesn't give most people goals in the game unless they're mouth-breathing basement dwellers. Back in the day if you wanted to prove to someone you had ran a raid, you had them inspect your gear to show you had gear from that place. Not only did that help people see that indeed you had ran it but showed you were probably geared enough to actually help the raid down bosses. Now people pay gold or real money to get achievements so they can link to "prove" they are good players but when you get them to something & find out they are complete idiots, you've wasted your time, wasted the raids time, and now you're locked to a raid that you won't be completing simply because you're "good" and bought your achievement.
    Funny how you say all that yet you have 3 links to your armory which I assume is to show off some sort of achievement, in which yours are indicative of trash, by the way.