Deleted

Heroic Varimathras - Tanks getting alone in the Darkness

I ran Antorus heroic in a pug today. Called it at varimathras after the tanks died on every try to alone in the darkness.

The tanks got the debuff at random points in the fight, both tanks alive until then. According to the log, both tanks never moved (in one try one tank at 28,22:-126,60, the other at 28,26:-126,56). The melees were further away during the whole fight. After 1 minute 15 seconds tank 2 gets alone in the darkness and died. I cant figure out why, since they didnt move.

It happend in 7 tries back to back at different times into the fight. Tanks were Blood DK, Guardian Druid.

Can anyone tell me, what we did wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Alone in the Darkness only happens when the tanks move too far from each other (which is really easy to do with the stupid way it tends to be done with one tank hugging his crotch and the other in his ass) that's what is killing them. That, or it's bugged.

Deleted
    They didnt move. We didnt do the circle thing. Just two fixed position on the opposite side of the raid. No tank moved. Only 1 got the debuff. Its strange, but since i cant find any bug reports i thing there was something wrong.

you got logs or a video? hard to tell without.
    We've always been doing the stand-still strat and had no issues or bugs with it.

It's likely then that the tanks were never actually close enough together in the first place and that someone else (likely the arrow soaker) was keeping them safe.

bingo was his name-o

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...kpr2h#fight=31

00:01:05.208 Varimathras Alone in the Darkness Weedbear 1228468
    00:01:15.761 Varimathras Alone in the Darkness Weedbear 445055
    00:01:18.906 Varimathras Alone in the Darkness Éireann (A: 1264843)
    First tank dies
    00:01:18.308 Weedbear dies from Varimathras's Melee
    So alone at the darkness on Eireann at 1:18.906 is fine. But the one at 1:05.208.
    https://imgur.com/a/CjfXV DK is further away from everyone else, but the bear gets the alone in the darkness. And why dont get bot tanks the debuff at the same time?

Edit: by using the map coordinates tanks were 5,6 yards away from each other the whole time. Comparing it with other replays this seems like a normal distance between tanks.
    Last edited by mmoc9a579d0b1a; 2017-12-02 at 06:46 AM.

I had this issue in a pug group on normal but didn't on heroic. On normal we tried over and over with tanks being extra careful but nothing worked, then we tried adding a third tank and it was still happening. We eventually found out that dps/heals didn't get the debuff from the cleave so we just had one stay on each tank the whole time with a backup watching in case one got mark of prey, or the shadow pool and the two split opposite directions. It might have been the tanks fault, keeping them in place did do the trick so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by jaidalyn View Post
    I had this issue in a pug group on normal but didn't on heroic. On normal we tried over and over with tanks being extra careful but nothing worked, then we tried adding a third tank and it was still happening. We eventually found out that dps/heals didn't get the debuff from the cleave so we just had one stay on each tank the whole time with a backup watching in case one got mark of prey, or the shadow pool and the two split opposite directions. It might have been the tanks fault, keeping them in place did do the trick so who knows.
    What the hell? On normal the tanks can literally stack on top of each other. If they fuck that up they're beyond hope. Shadowstrike does not cleave on normal.

And as for heroic, if you're making the tanks move you're way over complicating it. Proper positioning means both tanks are within 8 yards of each other, yet when they taunt the boss the other tank is not in his cone. 90% of issues on this come from shit guides for tanks that talk about moving when that's a sure fire way to fuck up the fight. Learn the right positioning, park your ass and literally never hit your movement keys. The end.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-12-02 at 10:30 AM.

Had the same issue with my guild. We narrowed it down to the holy priest being in spirit of redemption form while out of the group. Boss tries to put alone in the darkness on priest but isn't a valid target so it jumps to highest threat. Same thing happened with the spear as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeo View Post
    Had the same issue with my guild. We narrowed it down to the holy priest being in spirit of redemption form while out of the group. Boss tries to put alone in the darkness on priest but isn't a valid target so it jumps to highest threat. Same thing happened with the spear as well.
    I love you!!!
    00:01:05.122 Ekowraith gains Spirit of Redemption from Ekowraith
    00:01:05.208 Varimathras Alone in the Darkness Weedbear 1228468
    Was checking everything yesterday, range, movement, AMS, every CD. But it seems spirit of redemeption is the reason here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jaidalyn View Post
    Seems you haven't done your homework. In Normal Shadow Strike is a ST ability ability and doesn't cleave, so the tanks just stack on each other and taunt after each hit without needing to move at all.

PS: Tech614 answered it already QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Seems you haven't done your homework. In Normal Shadow Strike is a ST ability ability and doesn't cleave, so the tanks just stack on each other and taunt after each hit without needing to move at all.

PS: Tech614 answered it already QQ
    Now that you mention it, I remember they were stacked on the first attempts and when they both were getting the debuff is when they figured it was cleaving.. We tried everything and I guarantee if you were there then you wouldn't have a clue either what was wrong. One bug was already mentioned above with the fight, who knows maybe there could be more bugs..?

What's this talk about homework though? It was my first day (release day as well) and we found a solution during class... Do you think I should know all the fights before ever trying them? If so, that sounds fun..

P.S. Nice postscript

Yes I believe you should know all the fights before even trying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    I love you!!!

Was checking everything yesterday, range, movement, AMS, every CD. But it seems spirit of redemeption is the reason here. Thanks.
    Im so glad our Priest did not try to regen Mana with Cloak... This is a good referance to what not to do in this fight.

Have you submited a bug report? It might be important

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Im so glad our Priest did not try to regen Mana with Cloak... This is a good referance to what not to do in this fight.

Have you submited a bug report? It might be important
    Bug report is on my to do list. wasnt online this weekend. But I will report it. And in my pugs I will advise priests to use a cancel aura macro.

Deleted
    It really seems bugged, i watched the replay and the tanks never move an inch, melees where always further away than the BDK so it can't be because of melees. I suggest you to fill a bug report, even if they do nothing about it.