Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I use a coffee machine i put the granuals in with the filter and press the button.

Its also set to a timer so its ready when i wake up.

I always make black coffee with ice-cream, taste delicious

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So in many homes around the world coffee is a ritual. How do you make yours? What type of coffee? whole bean/pre ground? What type of brewing method do you use? What type of water?
    At home for single cup I do the keureg thing

For a pot I brew freshly grounded coffee, usually medium, with 2 cream and 1 stevia.

Deleted
    I usually just yell at my husband to make so, no idea what he does after that

That's a joke, just standard coffee machine brew for me

Bullet Proof is the way to go
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Using a dark roast whole bean, I make a 20-24 hour cold brew in a french press. I then drink it black.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So in many homes around the world coffee is a ritual. How do you make yours? What type of coffee? whole bean/pre ground? What type of brewing method do you use? What type of water?
    I buy coffee beans already toasted, and then I like to ground them up myself, it's a relaxing activity.

To brew my coffee I use a džezva, where I heat up a mix of powder and water, which I filter when serving.

The coffee I make this way is quite strong, I wouldn't recommend to everyone.

Many of you drink coffee-like substances that really aren't coffee at all. In my culture we call what many of you drink "umbrella juice." It might as well be dirty water. In particular, American style drip coffee is pure shit, very bitter and highly acidic - not recommended. Starbuck's is roasted until it is burnt and this can easily be tasted - also not recommended.

What is is coffee? Espresso. If you drink something else you are doing it wrong. Instant, freeze-dried, packed in an plastic tub, presented in a can, etc is all junk.

Recommended coffee: Jamaica Blue Mountain from Arabica, smooth and decidedly not at all bitter.

Process: Grind it fresh. Put it in a moka pot. Cook it with fire. More sophisticated machines may be used but decent "caffe" is possible with simple methods including steeping via a french press. I've personally been routinely able to get a 1/2" of crema from a Krupp's Il Primo even though such a machine doesn't ideally get to the supposed necessary pressure required by the modern definition of espresso. I like a good crema, but it isn't critical to flavor in my view.

Service: Serve it to taste with variations of sweetener of choice, cream, or milk. I personally take some sweetener and heavy cream.

Don't make it complicated. This is easy, cheap, and effective. But there are no shortcuts worth taking.

I used to drink capsule coffe from Nescafé Dolce Gusto, Café au Lait to be specific.
    Then I underwent a minor jaw surgery, ever since then I got tinnitus and constant dizziness, which gets worse with caffeine and/or nicotine intake.
    From this time forward I drink either decaffeinated coffee or cinnamon tea with milk and a little bit of honey.

Small batch whole beans, ground via burr grinder to the proper grind based on the required consistency for pourover via Chemex. Pour over using cold, filtered water that's first boiled, then once the boil settles, poured over the grounds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Many of you drink coffee-like substances that really aren't coffee at all. In my culture we call what many of you drink "umbrella juice." It might as well be dirty water. In particular, American style drip coffee is pure shit, very bitter and highly acidic - not recommended.
    *snip*
    Hah here we go :P I once looked for a cheap coffee machine (was open for almost all, tabs - classical filter etc.) and went into some coffee forum asking for recommendations based on price and quality. That was at a time when elitist jerks forum was the theorycraft source #1 and it was then that I realized that elitist jerks is completely harmless to the coffee elitists. Hell they treat you like trash if you even think buying beans in supermarkets. And I was even worse to consider tab/capsule-machines, my soul was damaged that day

At home: Drip machine. Cheapest ground stuff I can get. Black like my soul.

At work: Shitty Nespresso pods. Grab the strongest pod and then add water to make an actual cup of coffee, not some weird tiny amount. Again, black like my soul.

5+ Year Old Account
    I buy already made cappuccino or latte in powder, put it into cup and pour water into it. Then bake or buy some cakes and all done. Best cakes are coffee cream or coconut brownies

Whole bean Arabica. Usually grind for a double shot expresso daily. Sometimes two doubles if I'm wanting extra.

If I'm in a sweet tooth mood, I'll froth some heavy cream and add a bit of melted white chocolate or dark chocolate to it.
    "The sustain, though, listen to it...." "I'm not hearing it." "You would, though, if it were playing..."
    --- Nigel Tufnel of Spinal Tap on "The Holy Grail of guitars"

I used to drink it whole bean in one of those grinder/brew machines with the timer so you could set it up when you went to sleep. A light roast served black with no sugar. But, since getting meds for narcolepsy, coffee now makes me extremely angry at nothing for hours on end. For the sake of my already ground teeth and the safety of those around me, I had to quit. I'm jealous of you coffee folk.

10+ Year Old Account

Normal Morning Joe.

Whenever I'm up in Mendocino county.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    WoW was the first MMO.

And invented the fantasy genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not many people know that Tolkien was born just outside Goldshire, and EverQuest was originally a bugged quest line from Mankirk's wife that required you to go in endless loops up and down the Barrens.

Im from NorCal so Peets and starbucks are my go to. But I usually take mine with splenda and milk

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    At home I get pre-ground coffee from the special coffee store around the corner (they're special cause specialized shops for coffee are usually non-existent outside big cities) and I just drip that badboy by hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you go black you never go back.

10+ Year Old Account
    With training wheels. lots and lots of training wheels!

Grind my own beans, boil water in a kettle, and finally use a french press to bring everything together!
    Last edited by shifu; 2017-12-04 at 06:36 PM.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?