Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    So all parents should raise their kids a certain way just because a tiny percentage of them might not feel comfortable with their natural gender.
    No, they should raise them in the best interests of their children and not, as some have suggested, their parental rights revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    For example?
    i mean one of my mother in laws best friends was married a couple times, sad part is she was abused in each marriage so i feel for her there. but she basically said fuck it and married a woman.

that doesnt seem like "baby i was born this way".

of course i cant prove it as this is a RL situation with no famous people attached.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Treating them as if they aren't different is brain washing. They will grow up incredibly confused. They will wonder why they get in trouble for walking into the other sex's bathroom.
    That wouldn't be a problem, because judging by the way things develop - by the time they grow up a toilet will be "that big rock over there, there are pine-cones lying around if you are fancy like that".
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i mean one of my mother in laws best friends was married a couple times, sad part is she was abused in each marriage so i feel for her there. but she basically said fuck it and married a woman.

of course i cant prove it as this is a RL situation with no famous people attached.
    *whispers* Bisexual people exist.

I’m all for letting your kid play with whatever toys they want. If your son wants princess shit or your daughter hot wheels who the fuck cares.

I do find praising your 6-year child in the media for attention so you can seem “progressive” to be absolutely repugnant. A 6 y/o has no concept of marriage or gender. If they say things like that it’s merely regurgitation at that point. Which is sickening

Treating them as if they aren't different is brain washing. They will grow up incredibly confused. They will wonder why they get in trouble for walking into the other sex's bathroom.
    Unisex bathrooms are a thing. Also, I don't they are iconography illiterate.

They will recognise that the vast majority of friendships are between members of the same sex and be unable to reconcile that with their brainwashing that sex is meaningless.
    This is such a weird point. They will suffer because they are willing to have friendships with both genders? What?

They will wonder why their parents chose to brainwash them rather than just teach them that everyone is equal.
    I don't think you know what brainwashing is.

Ya, but overall that seems indeed very anecdotal. I mean, plenty of women are bisexual or come out later as lesbians after having been with men before. Societal norms or self acceptance are a hell of things. Opposite for quite a few closeted gay dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Don't be silly, "But they're just friends! Really,really really close friends" /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    A 6 y/o has no concept of marriage or gender. If they say things like that it’s merely regurgitation at that point. Which is sickening
    The Olson study disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    tell me about it, seems like every girl i know is bi except my wife. thats the breaks

anyways let me get back on topic here. i have a question.

gays, lesbians, trans people, are pretty accepted these days. i personally have no problem with a humble gay man that just is. i have a problem with the outspoken people who want to use their platforms to make traditional people feel lesser. why the hell does Pink feel its necessary to tell everyone shes raising her kids neutral. i dont get on twitter or facebook and talk about how im raising my girls as little girls. no one cares. the only way un traditional people will ever find complete acceptance is if they stfu and live their lives. however they want.

guess that wasnt a question

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope she gives the memo to her nanny or whoever raises the children while she's on tour/doing celeb things.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Gender neutral can also mean that they can not play with toys assigned to their gender, because it "assumes their gender". What you describe as gender neutral is what i would describe as the norm, it has always been like that. Having kids running around is hard enough as it is, i think that there aren't very many people who would make a fuss about their children not playing with their "gender assigned toys". Generally parents are happy when their kids are playing by them selves, this gives them the time to do other chores.

As for vegan cats, its sad, but there are vegans that want their cats to be vegan too. I think its close to animal abuse as cats are carnivores, that is why he phrased it like he did.
    Sure, but no where does Pink say thats whats shes doing.
    I mean, all I read there was "be yourself", more or less.

It is however very common that parents try to force their own views on their children no matter if it fits them or not. I mean, you have a few of them right here in this thread. The couple in the article, as far as we know, do not.

Also, vegan cats: I mean, if you're able to give the cat all the nutrients it needs then why does it matter? I doubt the cat cares much.
    Never seen any vegan cat food though. Sounds a bit silly but as long as it works and you're not harming the cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pink reveals she is raising her children gender neutral... after daughter Willow, six, expressed her desire 'to marry an African woman'
    I have several questions, in particular concerning what words of "wisdom" Pink is passing on to her kids but if she's raising them Gender Neutral does that mean whenever her son or daughter (or should I say genderfluid spawnling *throws up audibly*) asks "Mommy, could I get this [item or item of clothing]?" she replies "No honey, that item is a representation of the systematic oppression of the patriarchy into forcing you into the female gender/a totem to the inherent forced masculinity and inadequacy that is the male gender. Put it back." and then proceeds to buy safe colour gray clothing that neither suggests whether the person in question is a boy or girl and proceeds to shave their head to further cloud the classification oooooooorrrrrrr does she just get the kid what she wants and the kid doesn't give a fuck about Pink's attempt at Gender politics?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I don't think you know what brainwashing is.
    You can brainwash someone by omitting truth from their daily life.

Imagine a child for example that has grown up its whole life purposefully sheltered from the concept of numbers. How is this not brainwashing?

Now imagine a child that has grown up its whole life purposefully sheltered from sex and gender. Do you think they will not feel like total freaks when they try to call their class mates Xey or Xer? This is intentionally handicapping your children and its honestly disgusting.

Teach them to treat people equally and you will achieve your goal of equality, without turning your child into a socially retarded outcast.

tell me about it, seems like every girl i know is bi except my wife. thats the breaks

anyways let me get back on topic here. i have a question.

gays, lesbians, trans people, are pretty accepted these days. i personally have no problem with a humble gay man that just is. i have a problem with the outspoken people who want to use their platforms to make traditional people feel lesser. why the hell does Pink feel its necessary to tell everyone shes raising her kids neutral. i dont get on twitter or facebook and talk about how im raising my girls as little girls. no one cares. the only way un traditional people will ever find complete acceptance is if they stfu and live their lives. however they want.

I just see it as a cry of "Look at me! Pay attention to me!"

gays, lesbians, trans people, are pretty accepted these days.
    Not really.

i personally have no problem with a humble gay man that just is.
    That is not so far removed from the people telling gays to stay in the closet. Given that homo and trans phobia are still rampant in parts of society things like Pride and drawing attention to LGBT issues are still very important.

i have a problem with the outspoken people who want to use their platforms to make traditional people feel lesser.
    People who are homo- or trans phobic should feel lesser.

why the hell does Pink feel its necessary to tell everyone shes raising her kids neutral. i dont get on twitter or facebook and talk about how im raising my girls as little girls. no one cares.
    To have a public conversation on the merits. To encourage others. To show solidarity.

the only way un traditional people will ever find complete acceptance is if they stfu and live their lives. however they want.

Not talking about issues does not make said issues go away. That is like saying stop talking about race and racists will stop being racist.

'We are a label-less household': Pink reveals she is raising her children gender neutral... after daughter Willow, six, expressed her desire 'to marry an African woman'
    my sister wanted to marry my father when she was a kid.
    what kind of gender would/should she be?
    hit & run posting lol

You can brainwash someone by omitting truth from their daily life.

Imagine a child for example that has grown up its whole life purposefully sheltered from the concept of numbers. How is this not brainwashing?

Now imagine a child that has grown up its whole life purposefully sheltered from sex and gender. Do you think they will not feel like total freaks when they try to call their class mates Xey or Xer? This is intentionally handicapping your children and its honestly disgusting.

Teach them to treat people equally and you will achieve your goal of equality, without turning your child into a socially retarded outcast.
    Who is being sheltered from sex and gender their whole life? You are creating an artificial scenario here.

@Elba bro, they have all the same rights as anyone else. how is that not accepted?

- - - Updated - - -

Not talking about issues does not make said issues go away. That is like saying stop talking about race and racists will stop being racist.
    im 31 and up until all this trump shit i honestly felt racism was dying. and i still think it is, even with all that has happened and is happening. but when the news constantly pumps it into our heads it clouds your mind into thinking its a shit ton more prevalent than it is.

stop forcing us to see something we don't really like and maybe we wont be forced into having an opinion on it at all

what the fuck is this... 6yo girl wants to marry an african woman? At that age, I was eating my poop.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way people raised their kids always worked pretty fine for 99% of the cases.

But for some ideological horse shit, it should no longer be used as a model. Instead, the model should be something that has completely uncertain results on the development of the children.

Way to go, western nations.