Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will they give us Classic servers with QoL changes as well?

Not everybody of us is a purist. Some of us want to play classic again, but with some quality of life changes that they have implemented in later stages.

For me a perfect classic server would include;

1) A group finder. Not the automatic one that was introduced in WotlK, but rather the one we have had since WoD. Where you can sign up for different activities and find groups at a MUCH more convenient way than spamming trade for 2 hours.

2) Balancing changes. I used to play a druid, and I always wanted to play feral, but since feral sucked ass and did like 30% of the DPS of other classes back then, some balancing to make specs who weren't competitive, and simply meme-specs, would be nice. They shouldn't be able to top meters like they can on live, but at least give us like 90% of the damage a pure damage dealer has, please. I remember dealing 60 or 70 DPS as a level 60 druid at Molten Core level, while pure damage specs did like 200. People should be able to play what they want at an acceptable level. I understand that this point is the hardest to get right.

3) Newer class combinations, not new races. This doesn't fuck up balance at all as far as I know. Let us become a Night Elf mage, an Undead hunter and all that please. More variation does not hurt.

4) Everything that has been added on the graphical side. It's 2017, and quite frankly the old models look fugly by today's standard. They haven't aged well at all.

5) Proper buffs. There is literally no argument for 5 minute single-target blessings, and the way healthstones and soulstones worked other than to keep it pure. Give us 1 hour greater blessings, and let warlocks and mages set up tables without having to waste 1 hour before each raid just farming for mats.

As it is right now, I don't really have any private server options for that. I do want to play Classic, I really do. I just want to, unlike the purists, get rid of the things that made Classic bad or aged, or at least some of them. Of course, there SHOULD be a 100% pure server as well, I would just like an alternative for us that want to play classic, just not classic without any improvements.
    Last edited by Deathknightish; 2017-11-27 at 02:25 PM.

I can see this thread spiraling out of control pretty quick but I'll add:

6) Remove restrictions of changing specs.

7) Carry over xmog items found in Classic to Live servers on the same account.

its been said many times do we really need another thread for this? You ask for Classic, you get classic putting in QoL changes just doesnt make it classic anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    its been said many times do we really need another thread for this? You ask for Classic, you get classic putting in QoL changes just doesnt make it classic anymore.
    For me, Classic is so much more than these suggestions.

The difficult quests, the tough elites, Andorhal, attunements, difficult instances, reckoning bombing Kazzak, the world pvp, it's all there even with my points implemented. It's still Classic, just with some quality of life improvements that do not affect the actual gameplay.

Also, like I said, I do want a 100% pure server as I understand that's a big deal. This is just an alternative for us who want the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by Deathknightish; 2017-11-27 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Not everybody of us is a purist. Some of us want to play classic again, but with some quality of life changes that they have implemented in later stages.

For me a perfect classic server would include;

1) A group finder. Not the automatic one that was introduced in WotlK, but rather the one we have had since WoD. Where you can sign up for different activities and find groups at a MUCH more convenient way than spamming trade for 2 hours.

2) Balancing changes. I used to play a druid, and I always wanted to play feral, but since feral sucked ass and did like 30% of the DPS of other classes back then, some balancing to make specs who weren't competitive, and simply meme-specs, would be nice. They shouldn't be able to top meters like they can on live, but at least give us like 90% of the damage a pure damage dealer has, please. I remember dealing 60 or 70 DPS as a level 60 druid at Molten Core level, while pure damage specs did like 200. People should be able to play what they want at an acceptable level. I understand that this point is the hardest to get right.

3) Newer class combinations, not new races. This doesn't fuck up balance at all as far as I know. Let us become a Night Elf mage, an Undead hunter and all that please. More variation does not hurt.

4) Everything that has been added on the graphical side. It's 2017, and quite frankly the old models look fugly by today's standard. They haven't aged well at all.

5) Proper buffs. There is literally no argument for 5 minute single-target blessings, and the way healthstones and soulstones worked other than to keep it pure. Give us 1 hour greater blessings, and let warlocks and mages set up tables without having to waste 1 hour before each raid just farming for mats.

As it is right now, I don't really have any private server options for that. I do want to play Classic, I really do. I just want to, unlike the purists, get rid of the things that made Classic bad or aged, or at least some of them. Of course, there SHOULD be a 100% pure server as well, I would just like an alternative for us that want to play classic, just not classic without any improvements.
    Wrong sub-forum.

And I hope not. Sorry, but my views are to only see bug fixes and exploit fixes as primary, the rest is almost a waste. Why want classic if you also want things that takes pieces away from what classic was.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They will introduce one new type of servers. If they try to satisfy everyone's different needs, there would be about 200 different servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wrong sub-forum.

And I hope not. Sorry, but my views are to only see bug fixes and exploit fixes as primary, the rest is almost a waste. Why want classic if you also want things that takes pieces away from what classic was.
    Whops, I did not see that thre was a sub-forum for Classic. Could a mod move it, please?

Also, I don't agree that any of my suggestions take away anything from what made classic what it what. For me, Classic is so much more than 5 minute buffs and graphics. I still want the world pvp, the difficult quests, duelling outside Ironforge, the farming and all that.

Deleted
    1) No.

2) i kinda of agree, but how? more stats of dual items? or remove healing / incress spell dmg and keep it like retail? (i loved late tbc style with rating instead of pure % incress)

3) hmm, no classes are fine as they where in classic.

4) people who play old games tend to not put to much stock into grafix, remeber even back in the day people complained that it was too cartoony?

5) i'm yes and no, here as well. i'm really into the the more time you put into preparring for a battle, the more you should be rewarded. But again filling those buffs slots took awhile and was hell if you suddenly had to wait 5-10 mins beccause they couldn't logon on time.

I hope they do implement servers with some QoL changes. Screw the purists in my opinion as long as the change doesn't affect the social structure, gameplay, or exploration and traveling. Blizzard is smart and wants to make money so catering to the minority of purists out there doesn't make any sense. Also, Blizzard puts out quality games and doesn't like to throw things out there when they can make it better and more enjoyable without ruining the experience. Purists can wine and moan all they want but in my eyes 25% of the specs are played in raids so tweeking the other 75% of specs to let everyone enjoy the game makes sense because it expands the player base tremendously. A small percentage of the 25% of specs are purists that will leave and your still left with a much larger player base. Don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out lol.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatfire View Post
    Purists can wine and moan all they want but in my eyes 25% of the specs are played in raids so tweeking the other 75% of specs to let everyone enjoy the game makes sense because it expands the player base tremendously. A small percentage of the 25% of specs are purists that will leave and your still left with a much larger player base. Don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out lol.
    You can't simply expect the game to be the same if they start to change spells and talents.

Vanilla has no "spec" in the sense of modern wow, all talents and all spells are available 100% of the time (outside of talent-abilities that is).

It's like a spider web, if you pull one side, the other sides will change too.

It's not as easy to balance as modern wow, which has different ratios/templates baked in the actual spec, even if it's the same spell.

If they change stuff somewhere, specs that worked will change too and suddenly it's not classic anymore.

Some specs that worked for either pve or pvp or just farming stuff, didn't even use 31 point talent.

You can't simply say "hey that mage is frost" cause there were dozens of variants.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-27 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatfire View Post
    I hope they do implement servers with some QoL changes. Screw the purists in my opinion as long as the change doesn't affect the social structure, gameplay, or exploration and traveling. Blizzard is smart and wants to make money so catering to the minority of purists out there doesn't make any sense. Also, Blizzard puts out quality games and doesn't like to throw things out there when they can make it better and more enjoyable without ruining the experience. Purists can wine and moan all they want but in my eyes 25% of the specs are played in raids so tweeking the other 75% of specs to let everyone enjoy the game makes sense because it expands the player base tremendously. A small percentage of the 25% of specs are purists that will leave and your still left with a much larger player base. Don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out lol.
    Those purists are the reason this shit is getting made at all; not the five minute attention span dwindling retail player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whops, I did not see that thre was a sub-forum for Classic. Could a mod move it, please?

Also, I don't agree that any of my suggestions take away anything from what made classic what it what. For me, Classic is so much more than 5 minute buffs and graphics. I still want the world pvp, the difficult quests, duelling outside Ironforge, the farming and all that.
    The balancing back then and the length of the buffs was key to the gameplay back then too, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I hope they won't. I understand what you're asking but there is a game for QoL players retail WoW.
    If you make a QoL version of classic, you end up with a different game and kill the very purpose of the project.

We want the grind and the pain. Class balancing is the worst thing that could happen. That is how we ended up on live with no hybrid taxe, heals for everyone, dots for everyone, CC for everyone and ultimatly the worst of all: template PVP, where itemisation / RPG elements are completely stripped away from your character.

As someone who started playing in TBC i can't really tell what is so bad about non auto LFG tool

Fuck no. Tauren paladins and gnome hunters gives me cancer.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They made an entire progressed World of Warcraft with the well-desired QoL changes. We are currently on the Legion expansion.

What YOU want is to force Blizzard to make an entire WoW tailored to your particular needs, instead of Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vofka View Post
    As someone who started playing in TBC i can't really tell what is so bad about non auto LFG tool

Fuck no. Tauren paladins and gnome hunters gives me cancer.
    oi my sunwalker cow is mazin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I'm sure there will be QoL improvements and if there aren't, meh.

The only thing I'd really like to see are Achievements but I know those won't be added. I sure hope somebody comes up with an addon that keep track of quest chains.

You don't get a vote. You're getting vanilla with crash fixes. You aren't getting QoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I hope they won't. I understand what you're asking but there is a game for QoL players retail WoW.
    If you make a QoL version of classic, you end up with a different game and kill the very purpose of the project.
    That's the thing. There is no alternative for me, or rather what I wish for. Legion, or Battle for Azeroth by then, is not Classic. If there is a private server with the content I ask for, feel free to PM me it as I'd love to play it.

I still do want to play Classic, just with a few improvements but where the core is Vanilla by all defininitions. Like I said I understand that the balance aspect is the hardest to get right, but the other things I truly believe would be possible and not intrude on the feeling that Classic gave.
    I'm not here to take away people's 100% pure classic experience. What I suggest instead is that they open one classic server where everything is as it were, and one with these minor changes. Then the purists can have their experience, and I can have mine.