Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I think biggest culprit is mythic plus. People are so overloaded with gear now, raids are only good for tier and those special snowflake trinkets (maybe). No wonder team is having hard time figuring out the "right" difficulty. Titan-forging has only exacerbated this.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    This isn't an encounter-level issue, this is a reward-level issue. The range of things that players can do to prepare for raids has grown much wider than it was before. When you tune for the higher end of the range, you get impossible encounters. When you tune for anything else, you get encounters that are way too easy for some.

What's especially ironic is that it's Ion who is responsible for the rewards. It's him who largely made this mess, not the other way around.
    The reward system for Legion and all it's patches has not been decided solely by Ion. Please remember these systems were decided upon well before he was Game Director, you'd be looking at Kalgan if you wanna point fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeith View Post
    The reward system for Legion and all it's patches has not been decided solely by Ion. Please remember these systems were decided upon well before he was Game Director, you'd be looking at Kalgan if you wanna point fingers.
    Look, nobody really cares who it was. Fine, let's move part of the blame from Ion to Kalgan or whoever. The important thing is that there is a big issue, that this issue has been created by Blizzard and that it persists for a long time, and so whoever oversees the game is not doing a good job.

It's like PVP and Holinka. PVP was trash, everybody was pinning it being trash on Holinka because Holinka was the head of PVP. If we go deep down, yes, we will discover that the blame has to be shared to some other people, too, but again - nobody really cares, that's not important. What's important is that PVP became total trash and Holinka didn't do crap despite being the lead, and so he had to go. (Although obviously, nothing has really been fixed by just him going, fixing requires doing a lot more than just firing someone, and there's no telling if they will actually follow up with something sensible.)

This game under the direction of Ion has done something that I haven't really seen before on my end - it kept most of my guild playing from day 1 to current.

I can bitch about WF/TF, overtuned bosses, soak mechanics, the stupid relic system we got in Argus - but at the end of the day, he oversaw an expansion that is the polar opposite of the previous. In WOD we didn't have anything to do, ever, outside of raiding. In Legion I feel I could play all day and not finish what I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausingen View Post
    Most of the raiding playerbase (including myself) is of the opinion that Heroic ToV was extremely overtuned, particularly Odyn. This was addressed by Blizzard who agreed wholeheartedly that Odyn was extremely challenging in context of a mid-tier boss, and the rewards given.

As for titanforging, most of the MMO Champion and Reddit userbase despise it.

So if your mission was to make yourself feel special and unique by offering a contrarian position... congratulations?
    And the official forums love TFing. Almost as if reddit and MMO C don't represent the entire playerbase, amirite?

I mean, I don't like TFing myself but let's not pretend these two sites represent the opinion of the game's entire playerbase.

Bring back who made the WoD raids.

BRF is objectively the best raid in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    I'm astonished people thought ToV mythic was overtuned.
    It was perfectly tuned in my books. Odyn and Guarm were ok, Helya was quite difficult in MM and a pug killer in HC, which is exactly what you want for an end of tier boss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Hell no. He needs to stay right where he fucking is, so we can have a good game as a whole. Instead if only good raids.
    Best answer yet.

These raids have been fairly meh overall, and the rest of the game is in an abysmal state.

If he could make the raids better and having him not ruin the rest of the game would naturally follow, then he 100% should return to that position.

Sadly, this is his "career" and this is what happens when people get promoted into positions they haven't earned and can't execute. Blizzard is fine being a net 0-growth business, so he's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Less disenchanting from farming, more disenchanting from first mythic kills. So you feel obligated to do boring things and doing fun things is less rewarding. It's the worst possible design for the consumer, just exists to make you feel obligated to play more.
    Or you could let your balls drop and learn to control your impulses.

Bring Kaplan back to WoW. Put Ion on HS or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    the raids have also been much worse than in MoP and WoD
    BRF yay! HFC? lol plz no mythic was trash and built around being a mage/hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Or you could let your balls drop and learn to control your impulses.
    I could, but Blizzard's game design choices would still be shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I could, but Blizzard's game design choices would still be shit.
    At least you'd lead a balanced life full of better choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I dont like all the different Ilvls on gear wish it would go back to being just if it droped it was BIS for you then you didnt need all this mythic +10 +15 and even then hope its a titanforge Need to go back to normal heroic and make mythic had as hell and stop with all the RGN on top of RGN