Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Anyone have a Legendary every week checklist?

I really need the soul of the huntsmaster ring. Anyone have a checklist on what I need to do to get a legendary every week?

Every content that has a weekly reset + emissaries is the trigger for legendaries dropping faster, basically increases the chance more than anything.

So, start with Normal EN-->Finish at HC Antorus.

All Mythic Dungeons, not +, default ones. <-Kinda important according to the more tryhard players its the highest trigger.

World bosses.

And i dont know if i forgot anything weekly reset wise.

With luck you can get 2 in a week if your previous legendary dropped early in the farming, so 3 over 2 weeks is possible, and if you do a lot of M+ in between, despite the nerf they can still boost it, but thats a bit being very lucky.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-12-06 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I really need the soul of the huntsmaster ring. Anyone have a checklist on what I need to do to get a legendary every week?
    You can't guarantee a legendary every week.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Do all of the content. FOR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic (older tiers). Clear every mythic dungeon, do your heroic daily, do every emissary, kill every rare mob on the broken shore and Argus (broken isles rare may also drop them, I've never seen it happen personally). Collect every treasure chest you see on broken shore and argus
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    You really can, or at least you could when Nether Portal farming was a thing. You can build up so much BLP that you will get a legendary once a week if not faster.

I and about 4 other guildmates did it when 7.2.5 dropped to get our respective class rings. We didn't have all our legendaries at the time and decided to grind it out. The longest time between drops for a single person was 5 days and the shortest was 1, but it usually centered around reset. It worked out to about 20-25 hours a week grinding and it suuuucked but goddamn if it didn't get results. We all finished the grind for our specs in a little less than 3 weeks getting 3-5 legendaries each. To do it now:

• Mythic 0 World Tour
    • LFR, Normal, Heroic of all raids. Mythic if you find good pugs/have a guild.
    • 10-15+ runs of M+
    • Invasion Portal clearing (replaced Nether Portal farming) - Majority of legendaries seem to be obtained this way since we started keeping track. Prioritize these above all else.
    • Argus Rare Farming (replaced Broken Shore rares)
    • Argus Chest Farming (replaced Broken Shore chests)
    • Daily WQ cache

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaszelB View Post
    You really can, or at least you could when Nether Portal farming was a thing. You can build up so much BLP that you will get a legendary once a week if not faster.

I and about 4 other guildmates did it when 7.2.5 dropped to get our respective class rings. We didn't have all our legendaries at the time and decided to grind it out. The longest time between drops for a single person was 5 days and the shortest was 1, but it usually centered around reset. It worked out to about 20-25 hours a week grinding and it suuuucked but goddamn if it didn't get results. We all finished the grind for our specs in a little less than 3 weeks getting 3-5 legendaries each. To do it now:

• Mythic 0 World Tour
    • LFR, Normal, Heroic of all raids. Mythic if you find good pugs/have a guild.
    • 10-15+ runs of M+
    • Invasion Portal clearing (replaced Nether Portal farming) - Majority of legendaries seem to be obtained this way since we started keeping track. Prioritize these above all else.
    • Argus Rare Farming (replaced Broken Shore rares)
    • Argus Chest Farming (replaced Broken Shore chests)
    • Daily WQ cache
    one thing, the broken shore rares and chests can still drop them. I've gotten 2 or 3 across my toons from them. Other than that, this is a very solid list
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Actually that is not true. I came back to the game a month and a half ago, I had only 6 or 7 legos at the time. Since then I am getting one legendary every 5 days - it is exactly on the 5th day - I can even tell when legendary is about to drop. All I did was old raids - EN, ToV, Nighthold at first + rares and invasions on argus. After I started doing Tomb I dropped some of the old raids. Did like one 1 or 2 on heroic. Last week with Antorus release - I did only that on normal and heroic + heroic Tomb and very few rares + invasions - just didnt have time this time and I still got my lego on the 5th day from Braw win this time ^^. Also forgot so say that I do atleast 1 mythic+ for max weekly loot. Got all my legos from invasions, 1 from rare, 1 from braw. GL !

I have a guildie who doesn't do all the old raids and doesn't do the mythic dungeon World tour and usually no M+ even but he does do every invasion point that comes up as much as possible and he has gotten 4 legendary alt tokens in around 2 weeks.

So Invasion Points above all.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaszelB View Post
    [*]Invasion Portal clearing (replaced Nether Portal farming) - Majority of legendaries seem to be obtained this way since we started keeping track. Prioritize these above all else.
    Hmm, I've been skipping those lol. Thanks for the heads up.

Don't forget the Blingtrons.

The small invasions seem to be key, and they are super easy to do. Don't skip those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    The small invasions seem to be key, and they are super easy to do. Don't skip those.
    this

I subbed again 3 weeks ago

had 5 110 chars with each between 5-8 legendaries and quickly leveled 4 more to 110 thanks to heirlooms and invasion leveling.

I got 1 legendary on all my previously existing chars before 7.3 patch and 1 on each after the patch.

I did not raid at all besides LFR Antorus. I only did one M+ on them, I did not do any M0. I only did select Emissaries, mainly Argus ones.

All the legendaries I got came from Invasion Portals small and greater and 3 came from Argus chest. One came off of Blingtron maybe.

Never seen anyone loot a legendary from an Argus rare.

On my freshly leveled chars I tried to target items by pooling shards and buying 3x Rings when I felt I was due getting a legendary. Never got a legendary from the relinquished tokens though, but several times got one in Invasion shortly after spending shards.

At this point all I do on my chars is weekly m+ and each day quickly do 3 invasions on each which takes 10 minutes per char.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2017-12-06 at 05:54 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can actually get a legendary from ANY world chest. I opened a regular old chest in Stormheim a couple of weeks ago and got a legendary from it (plus a the regular grey and AP items.) If you skipped most of the normal chests in the leveling zones you could try open all of those too.

Do normal and heroic antorus and atleast 9 invasions a day. Do your weekly cache and emissaries everyday. Dont waste time on normal mythics and old raids. You will get legendary in less than week. I have been doing this rotation for 3 weeks now and I have gained legendary on average every 5-6 day. Its my last legendaries for spec so there is no new legendary shenanigans. If you are not able to do the current raids then it will take atleast 7 days to get legendary.

Yes you can. Doing all raids, Argus farming, emissaries, world bosses, m+ cache, and then the weekly mythic lockouts will give you AT LEAST a legendary per week.

I tested this myself for consecutive weeks when collecting legendaries with my Rogue. I already had 4 so I didn't have the initial bonuses up to the first 3. By doing the above I got 4 legendaries in a little over two weeks.

Of course I burnt myself out doing this, but it's as close to a guarantee as possible.