Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just another thread of ... My game stinks, another game is better.

Maybe I can make my stinky game into another game.

How you even presented the discussion, to introduce X into classic, because of retail...

No, No, No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Similar to how the developers are implementing world scaling into mainland Azeroth on live servers (1-60), do you think the same thing can be applied to the old world of Classic WoW?

Imagine you get to level 40 on classic realms and you get your first 60% riding mount. And you play primarily in the eastern kingdoms. Imagine that you could go to Ashenvale (which was originally a level 15-25 zone) and start the quests in that zone and still get experience like you got from a level 40 quest in the badlands. It would definitely make leveling more enjoyable because you could have many other areas to quest in to get relevant experience and gear, yet the difficulty could still be exactly like vanilla.

Could world scaling work in Classic? I'm sure if it was done right, the mobs and quests would be just as challenging as they were in vanilla anyway.
    But, that would be redundant. The world would already be set for the pace of 1-60. You had higher chance of completing zones back then. And then you could start the outrage with, 'then it wouldn't be classic, now would it?'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    ..... if he's not getting banned in the next few hours
    Just curious, but why do people call for others to get banned when all I'm doing is using the classic discussion forum to discuss WoW: Classic?

Whats the point in having a discussion forum if every time someone presents an idea regarding Classic, if its not 100% an exact mirror image of the original vanilla servers, then people call "trolling" "idiot" "not vanilla if it has xyz" and all the ideas get shut down or disregarded as a troll?

Personally, i don't see why world scaling is such a problem for people. It would make the entire vanilla experience relevant if nothing went grey over the course of you leveling.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A more enjoyable leveling experience? No, can't have that.
    Classic has to suck for it to be vanilla because even sprinkles ruin the experience of time-waste that we ourselves provide sense to and that we for a plethora of reasons drive ourselves insane with.

/S
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Just another thread of ... My game stinks, another game is better.

Maybe I can make my stinky game into another game.

How you even presented the discussion, to introduce X into classic, because of retail...

No, No, No.
    I like how arrogant you are to claim that current WoW is shit and that Vanilla is what was good about this game. I ve been playing since Vanilla, it' was amazing back then when it was a new game and I was younger, and while I would love to have some perks that were changed/lost from that era(not just Vanilla but BC and Wrath) the game has evolved the same way we are evolving over the years, and current game is more dynamic and engaging than ever. At least for me, I ve been there and done that so even if I had time to again play the game the way it was before, you can't recreate that feeling I had when I first played the game... I ll give it a go for sure, but don't think I ll stick around for long. Maybe if they rerelease BC and Wrath they ll spark my interest more, but that's years ahead and I might not even be playing games at that point

So, to resume, I m glad for classic servers and for people that prefer it over live servers, but that's your personal opinion, but I can't take you serious for saying in my name that Vanilla is better and that Legion, and for majority of other people that enjoy current WoW more.

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

Personally, i don't see why world scaling is such a problem for people. It would make the entire vanilla experience relevant if nothing went grey over the course of you leveling.
    Did you play during Vanilla ? If your answer is Yes then you should know the leveling process and the travelling was part of the Vanilla experience and thats what made Vanilla : VANILLA.
    And this is what people are looking for, a Classic Vanilla experience.
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2017-12-07 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine it... imagine... Just imagine it!

No.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfury View Post
    I like how arrogant you are to claim that current WoW is shit and that Vanilla is what was good about this game. I ve been playing since Vanilla, it' was amazing back then when it was a new game and I was younger, and while I would love to have some perks that were changed/lost from that era(not just Vanilla but BC and Wrath) the game has evolved the same way we are evolving over the years, and current game is more dynamic and engaging than ever. At least for me, I ve been there and done that so even if I had time to again play the game the way it was before, you can't recreate that feeling I had when I first played the game... I ll give it a go for sure, but don't think I ll stick around for long. Maybe if they rerelease BC and Wrath they ll spark my interest more, but that's years ahead and I might not even be playing games at that point

So, to resume, I m glad for classic servers and for people that prefer it over live servers, but that's your personal opinion, but I can't take you serious for saying in my name that Vanilla is better and that Legion, and for majority of other people that enjoy current WoW more.
    I hope you appreciate the irony of you lashing out on someone for their opinion and then, right in the next sentence, rolling out your own opinion.

As long as it didn't kick in until after the player hit 60. That way if we want to go back and complete zones for story, lore, or just completion it wouldn't be so completely boring. Also then people would be forced into PvP contested zones as they level and everyone wouldn't be so scattered that after the initial flood of people it would be even more impossible to find people to do elite quests with or people to level with at your level.

I always like suggestion threads since sometimes you find a gem that is a really good one. Always remember to ignore the "purist" filth that infest these forums. You can always identify they by the unintelligent 1 line answers they repeat over and over and their ignorance.

Deleted
    np, nope, no, nej

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    I hope you appreciate the irony of you lashing out on someone for their opinion and then, right in the next sentence, rolling out your own opinion.
    Hey, I m fine with him having his opinion, didn't like how he gave it like that's 100% a fact because it isn't.

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

It would destroy the flow of the game entirely. "Hey, look at me at the western plaguelands at level 11! Fuck storylines and progression!"

More so, it's absolutely unnecessary.

Essentially the world scaling on retail is made to increase the level of mobs around you during leveling. I feel it would be useless in Classic, there would not be much benefit.
    The increase in levels felt by 110 character is not significant because not drastic enough and mobs are still too easy for them, but it's not like it was the effect Blizzard was looking for anyway.

IMO the only interesting scaling for a game like vanilla would be to scale down (never up) characters in each zone (and not take it into account in PvP interactions of course). The world would feel more dangerous for high level characters.
    But is it needed ? Probably not. I would be curious to see how it would work out though.
    I don't think it should be done anyway (too risky, Classic is a one-shot) , but it's interesting to dream.

I think that's how GW2 works. Anybody has an opinion on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by GrillGates View Post
    Even tho it's a Jaylock thread,we all know this topic will end in a battle of "No,it wasn't like this in Vanilla and it wouldn't be Vanilla if this existed" kind of argument.
    But yeah.. //Popcorn.
    Yep, pretty much this. Broken records aplenty here.

It wouldn't be Vanilla if you couldn't outlevel the world.

So, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It would destroy the flow of the game entirely. "Hey, look at me at the western plaguelands at level 11! Fuck storylines and progression!"

More so, it's absolutely unnecessary.
    Only that's not how it's being implemented.

There are still minimum level brackets, still a max bracket etc etc. No level 11 will be in Western Plaguelands without aggroing everything in the zone.

Unnecessary for Classic though? Yes, it is.

Similar to how the developers are implementing world scaling into mainland Azeroth on live servers (1-60), do you think the same thing can be applied to the old world of Classic WoW?

Imagine you get to level 40 on classic realms and you get your first 60% riding mount. And you play primarily in the eastern kingdoms. Imagine that you could go to Ashenvale (which was originally a level 15-25 zone) and start the quests in that zone and still get experience like you got from a level 40 quest in the badlands. It would definitely make leveling more enjoyable because you could have many other areas to quest in to get relevant experience and gear, yet the difficulty could still be exactly like vanilla.

Could world scaling work in Classic? I'm sure if it was done right, the mobs and quests would be just as challenging as they were in vanilla anyway.
    I think this would require feedback from it being implemented on live realms.. To be sure the community is satisfied with it before they consider implementing it to classic. That said.. The idea of world scaling in classic is a magnificent one.

But this is WoW: Classic... not WoW: Vanilla. WoW: Vanilla is never coming back; WoW: Classic is Blizzard's attempt at recreating WoW: Vanilla, so I don't see why people are up-in-arms over minor QoL changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    People, I advise you for the last time: stop finally replying to his threads, if you find the strength to ignore them, they will safely die within 1-2 days without giving author any satisfaction. And this will work much more effectively than trying to silence him.

Find strength to resist of wish to make any messages. There is nothing to discuss here.

~~~~~~~~~~
    And
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    The idea of world scaling in classic is a magnificent one.
    - No, it was bad from the begining - it's not fit in open world. Scaling in any form is single player and divided world decision (for reference: Yes, I saw this in other games, and it doesn't work as should there too). World souldn't adjust to the player, the player must adapt to the world - this is the only correct implementation. Scaling is like a machine standing on pads, and no matter how fast you go, you stand still. (In Blizzard case: you jump to other pads and then other ones at one moment). So for scenarios/class-instance-quests - it could be, for time walk party - it could be, but it never should be for open world (also some of Jeniwyn's statements are raising even more of valid issues down here too, also rda part here (but only what related to raids and not because it became difficult due to stat squish - this part is very good, but because rewards were cut back when it was easy and this change should be rolled back too, also this)).

ps. This decision wrong even for current version of the game, so for the classic it can't even be considered. World should have right balance, but not scaling. And balance stuff is what Blizzard forgot already how to do long time ago.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-01-20 at 09:07 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Obvious troll, but that doesn't meen that it cannot be an interesting thought experiment. For those who enjoy such things.

If we ignore the fact that it would severely change the vanilla experience in all sorts of strange ways, it would also potentially throw gearing at max level out of whack because of how loot worked back then. There are items that are sort of unique in what they do, and many quests that you'd strategically want to save up for max level in order to get the best possible version of their reward. It wouldn't be at all surprising to find all sorts of quests that gave a good reward at say lvl 30 or 40 that would be BiS if scaled up to 60. Anyone who didn't do it would cripple their chars for a good long while, indefinitely for non-raiders, and perhaps even forever all through Naxx raiding in some corner cases, it wouldn't be super surprising given how weird some loot was. Bottom line, it wouldn't be a workable idea even if it wasn't preposterous to begin with, which it obviously is.
    Last edited by Jeniwyn; 2017-12-11 at 09:39 PM.