Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Australian police to bill Milo $50k over protests

It's so transparent that Milo and other provocateurs are trying to cause these protests and riots. It's about time authorities send him a bill.

Milo Yiannopoulos and his promoters will be billed at least $50k by Victoria Police for protests

Right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and his promoters will be slapped with a bill of at least $50,000 to cover the cost of the police numbers required to handle violent protests outside his shows in Melbourne. Hundreds of left and right-wing protesters gathered in front of the Melbourne Pavilion on Racecourse Road and Stubbs Street, Kensington on Monday night where they faced off and fought with sticks.

Milo's response to police on Twitter.

Good on the Victoria Police! I hope that if he does try to come up here again, the same thing is done (Of course, it would be preferable to just deny him entry ;P )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    Good on the Victoria Police! I hope that if he does try to come up here again, the same thing is done (Of course, it would be preferable to just deny him entry ;P )
    Disagree with it, Police are there to protect and serve. Protesters made the Police presence needed because of the history with people getting violent over things they don't agree with. (Which mind you, people need to learn to keep their hands to themselves and protest something in a peaceful manner) The Police are not some private security company. Is it fair to then start charging everywhere else for all the services they provide? No.

This opens up an interesting precedent.

Sounds like a great way to stifle free speech. Who's going to speak out when they can be fined tens of thousands of dollars?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    That it does. Pondering on how this might conflict with free speech.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ms Neville said the cost would be at least $50,000 and added it was common practice for organisers of large-scale or controversial events to be billed if large numbers of police resources were required.
    Guess you didn't read all the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    of course anyone you disagree with should be punished right? close minded much
    mr pickles

Twitter account suspended?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Not really, this happens fairly regularly here.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    That it does. Pondering on how this might conflict with free speech.
    Australia doesn't have free speech, at least not in the US sense. No Bill of Rights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Twitter account suspended?
    I thought he was permabanned a year and a half ago. I think it was over harassing Leslie Jones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    of course anyone you disagree with should be punished right? close minded much
    I have to say Milo is uniquely deserving of this. After all, his entire job is to incite crowds and get a reaction, and he's hoping it's a violent one so he can point the finger online. And that's exactly what the Victorian police are charging him for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

why do people pay attention to that idiot? jeez, it's like James O'keefe and PV, for some bizarre reason we have to take those clowns seriously. I guess the bright side is he's ending up paying for it, heh.

Deleted
    Some people like seeing bigot pantomime.

Just remember this is a difference between opposition and censorship. There is no crisis of free speech.

It already happens with big protests, it's not a novel case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Sounds like a great way to stifle free speech. Who's going to speak out when they can be fined tens of thousands of dollars?
    "Free speech" just means the government can't tell you what you can and cannot say.

It does not absolve you of the consequences of that speech.

If your speech costs someone money, you should be responsible for that.

Don't want to have to pay for crazy security? Find a way to speak that doesn't result in costs.

Guys makes money by trolling. He does this shit because there are protests. Let him pay.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's no surprise considering it is Victoria and this place is full to the brim with far left retards in the Government sector.

The convicted protesters should foot the bill. since they are the reason the Police were even needed there. Just think without the regressive cocksuckers acting like petulant Children, the Police wouldn't have been needed for an Event that was entirely just TALKING.

Basically it's just the lefts new tactic to silence opinions by trying to make other people foot the bill for their criminal behaviour.

Anyone that agrees with this is just a fuckwit anyway.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-12-07 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Disagree with it, Police are there to protect and serve.
    Which they did, however they aren't their to pay for an individual performance.

The Police did the right thing.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolbjorn View Post
    "Free speech" just means the government can't tell you what you can and cannot say.

It does not absolve you of the consequences of that speech.

If your speech costs someone money, you should be responsible for that.

Don't want to have to pay for crazy security? Find a way to speak that doesn't result in costs.
    His speech didn't cost tax paying people money though. The people that came to silence his speech did.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    It's so transparent that Milo and other provocateurs are trying to cause these protests and riots. It's about time authorities send him a bill.

Milo Yiannopoulos and his promoters will be billed at least $50k by Victoria Police for protests

Right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and his promoters will be slapped with a bill of at least $50,000 to cover the cost of the police numbers required to handle violent protests outside his shows in Melbourne. Hundreds of left and right-wing protesters gathered in front of the Melbourne Pavilion on Racecourse Road and Stubbs Street, Kensington on Monday night where they faced off and fought with sticks.

Milo's response to police on Twitter.
    So when can we send Antifa all these bills???? maybe just address them to Hillary@DNC.com?

Seems like the protesters should be paying, if I was milo I'd film myself wiping my ass with the invoice and mailing it back.