Question about Phase 4 of Argus

Is it usually a tank who still has the Avatar buff?

Just I kind of let a Soulbomb explode and I couldn't see who the Avatar was.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurentony View Post
    Yes 10 char
    Thanks. Just I couldn't see what was going on and I kinda exploded the entire raid hehe.

In P4 you run away as far as possible and die there, if you have no immunities. There is no Avatar in P4.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2017-12-07 at 06:04 PM.

there's no avatar buff in p4 anymore, the person just immunes it or dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    there's no avatar buff in p4 anymore, the person just immunes it or dies.
    Ah so basically just run away with it? Or is it raid wide damage no matter what?

DBM is messed up then because in P4 it keeps spamming "move to the avatar".

The generation of "dbm"-brains.
    You could read the ability and understand, that you deal deadly dmg to everyone, depending on your distance to them.
    As I said: run away and die or use immunities (after running away...) - for FDK: Yes, AMS disspells bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ah so basically just run away with it? Or is it raid wide damage no matter what?

DBM is messed up then because in P4 it keeps spamming "move to the avatar".
    you do 10 million fall off damage when you explode, decreased by distance from the raid up to 45 yards. (this information is available in the dungeon journals)

You just run away and die and use the tree to rez. A major CD may be able to save you but i'm not sure if that's worth it.

The run to Avatar information is also incorrect if you aren't also away from the raid, because even if avatar shields you, you will still murder your entire raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You could read the ability and understand, that you deal deadly dmg to everyone, depending on your distance to them.
    As I said: run away and die or use immunities (after running away...) - for FDK: Yes, AMS disspells bomb.
    I didn't see your post. I scrolled down a bit too quick and I apologize.

I use DBM because it helps me. I didn't realize it didn't work properly in P4. No need to make a comment like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    you do 10 million fall off damage when you explode, decreased by distance from the raid up to 45 yards.

You just run away and die and use the tree to rez. A major CD may be able to save you but i'm not sure if that's worth it.
    Ah ok so it's range based. Just DBM spams me move to avatar and I instinctively think that mechanic carried over.

Thanks to those who helped. Mods can close this if they want.

You are intended to die in P4 with Soulbomb. Your job is then is to collect the outside edge orbs in the spirit realm to get your raid the Titanforge buff (or keep it prolonged). These orbs are spawned when you kill the physical re-origination modules in the physical realm. After you run along the edges collecting the orbs, make your way to the tree to get rezed.

I use DBM because it helps me. I didn't realize it didn't work properly in P4. No need to make a comment like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah ok so it's range based. Just DBM spams me move to avatar and I instinctively think that mechanic carried over.

Thanks to those who helped. Mods can close this if they want.
    Not wanting to sound like this - but there are clearly to many people relying to much on Bossmods like DBM - most of these aren't able to play without anymore.
    Once had a raid who failed very often, even when all used DBM (except me, though) - since then I dislike Bossmod user more than before :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post

While AMS technically disspells your bomb, the explosion still goes off => dont be anywhere near others when hitting your AMS

Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    While AMS technically disspells your bomb, the explosion still goes off => dont be anywhere near others when hitting your AMS
    Yes, this is right. I just said it, so that DK's don't use AMS while the bomb is on them.

Yes, there is. DBM exists to tell you that the ability is happening. You still need to know how to handle it.

DBM cannot and should not give you full information on how to handle mechanics because many have far to little reaction time to digest that amount of info.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, there is. DBM exists to tell you that the ability is happening. You still need to know how to handle it.

DBM cannot and should not give you full information on how to handle mechanics because many have far to little reaction time to digest that amount of info.
    I agree. I just misread it because DBM said move to the avatar.

I never asked for full mechanics. I just got a tad confused when it said move to the avatar is all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Everyone is jumping down his throat for asking a question. Lord knows raids would be far easier if people just asked questions instead of wiping the raid until someone yelled at them and explained it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I agree. I just misread it because DBM said move to the avatar.

I never asked for full mechanics. I just got a tad confused when it said move to the avatar is all.
    Good on you for asking questions instead of repeatedly messing up the mechanic. That’s a very good thing to do especially during raid. If you think you’re doing something wrong then ask about it.

Other people already answered but in short: Run away as far as you can, max range. If you have an immunity use it once you are as far away as you can be to avoid dying from the bomb. If you don’t then just pop a personal/defensive and try to live but dying is fine too as long as you don’t kill anyone else.

Always ask questions. Even if it’s a retarded question just ask especially if you aren’t 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Everyone is jumping down his throat for asking a question. Lord knows raids would be far easier if people just asked questions instead of wiping the raid until someone yelled at them and explained it.
    You're right and this world lacks common sense.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."