Deleted

"The launcher bug"

Anybody remember how to fix the launcher bug where the launcher won't start, but instead get stuck at "connecting to battle.net"? I have to start wow without the launcher currently, but I'll be screwed the next time there's an update.

Deleted
    You probably want to put a ticket to Blizzard support instead of trying to make everyone here to troubleshoot shit for you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    You probably want to put a ticket to Blizzard support instead of trying to make everyone here to troubleshoot shit for you
    Already did, but got no help. Thank you for taking the time to.make this helpful response, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    You can also try flushing your DNS cache and/or clearing the ARP cache. The commands to do so vary depending on your choice of operating system, but a quick Google search will give you the command-line and arguments to run.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Using a VPN?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Already did, but got no help. Thank you for taking the time to.make this helpful response, though.
    You should probably re-open the ticket until you get help?
    So Ok - if you want us to help can you at least post your Launcher logs then so we can try to help you instead of trying to fumble in the dark and guess what might be the probelm - your description isn't super helpful or technical - you're just saying it won't start - so let's see the log?
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-12-08 at 01:51 PM.

this dude right here wins...............

Deleted
    Wow, the amount of 12 year old kids triggered by someone asking for help in a forum. Grow up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    Wow, the amount of 12 year old kids triggered by someone asking for help in a forum. Grow up.
    Hey buddy, my computer is acting weird, can you help me fix it?

It's nothing to do with being triggered, it's just not very constructive question to begin with.

Just look around the forums - when someone says "can you help me fix my dps?" it's customary to post logs so peoole can actually have a look and try to figure out what's going on. Same thing goes here. Happy to help, but if the starting point is that obscure there's really not much else to do than to point towards Blizzard support ticket.

So. Logs plz or gtfo.

Deleted
    Hey buddy, my computer is acting weird, can you help me fix it?

It's nothing to do with being triggered, it's just not very constructive question to begin with.

Just look around the forums - when someone says "can you help me fix my dps?" it's customary to post logs so peoole can actually have a look and try to figure out what's going on. Same thing goes here. Happy to help, but if the starting point is that obscure there's really not much else to do than to point towards Blizzard support ticket.

So. Logs plz or gtfo.
    Look, dude, quit being so agressive. There's no need for it. You can just avoid responding to threads that aren't your liking. I didn't start ny bait thread here.

I've had this launcher thing happen before after some wow update but I can't remember how to fix it. I just wanted to know if someone else have had this happen to them.

My operating system is windows 10. The issue is not with my firewall or anti-virus program, which is what the tech support told me to fix. Is there some way to reinstall the launcher without reinstalling the whole game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    You can also try flushing your DNS cache and/or clearing the ARP cache. The commands to do so vary depending on your choice of operating system, but a quick Google search will give you the command-line and arguments to run.

This worked. Thanks a lot!

Wasn't what I did last time to fix it, but who cares as long as it worked.

Deleted
    Look, dude, quit being so agressive. There's no need for it. You can just avoid responding to threads that aren't your liking. I didn't start ny bait thread here.

I've had this launcher thing happen before after some wow update but I can't remember how to fix it. I just wanted to know if someone else have had this happen to them.

My operating system is windows 10. The issue is not with my firewall or anti-virus program, which is what the tech support told me to fix. Is there some way to reinstall the launcher without reinstalling the whole game?
    so.. no logs?
    Well ok, it's really hard to try to help without seeing any specific error messages from the application.. so this is likely waste of both of our time.. but here goes then..

When you say "launcher" - what do you mean exactly? There's a "World of Warcraft Launcher.exe" in the WoW install directory and then there's the Blizzard App. Which of these do you use?

If it's the Blizzard App, then yes, it can be uninstalled because it's completely separate application. Just find it in your "Add/Remove Programs" - note that it probably lleaves a bunch of files in the installation directories and your AppData - so be sure to clean those before you reinstall it.

You can download the application from https://us.battle.net/account/manage.../?show=bnetapp again.

That's as much advice I can bother to type down - I'm sure that's about the same as you got told by your first contact with Blizzard support because these are pretty basic 1st level Helpdesk questions.

Good luck

- - - Updated - - -

This worked. Thanks a lot!

Wasn't what I did last time to fix it, but who cares as long as it worked.
    Cool, now that it's solved... you never contacted Blizzard Support, right? You just dumped your question here for everyone else to solve? :-)

I know you already got your fix, but the answer to your question is yes. You can add\remove the battle.net app all you want and it doesn't touch your games