Thread: Beacon of light

10+ Year Old Account

Beacon of light

I completly understand what beacon of light does but yet when arena que pops sometimes I still wonder who should have beacon. This is a pvp only question btw. The thing that messes me up is that if I put it on a dps and he takes dmg I can heal others and it heals him. But if I put beacon on me and I use martyr to heal him, wont it heal some of the martyr dmg im taking from healing him lol. sounds confusing but it seems there is more than one way to use beacon. I wish I could get more details on when and why.
    Semper Fi

Light of the Martyr doesn't transfer through beacon normally. It doesn't matter if you put it on yourself or your party member, this makes it an inefficient spell in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Light of the Martyr doesn't transfer through beacon normally. It doesn't matter if you put it on yourself or your party member, this makes it an inefficient spell in that regard.
    wait what? explain plz
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    wait what? explain plz
    Light of the Martyr does not do extra healing on your beacon's target.
    Putting the Beacon on you won't reduce LotM's damage on you.

Not really into Holy Pally or arena, but my educated guess is that you should put the beacon on yourself, as it allows you to keep yourself alive while healing others, and reduce your mana expenditure if forced to defend yourself. I may be wrong, thought.
    Whatever...