Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    nah, I don't want the state wasting money like that, and i don't want to encourage random people killing criminals (who arent threatening you with a gun, anyways), as that I feel undermines our justice system and potentially causes a bigger public liability.
    I'm not advocating people killing not out of self-defense, but rewarding those that do and in doing so, serve the public interest.

Hell, we used to offer bounties "dead or alive".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Jesus Christ Tony, at least leave it at just being happy. Now you're entering full blown psychopathic reasoning. Shesh...
    Calm down, calm down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    And they went away for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    If we are going to start shooting criminals for monetary gain, can we start with Wall Street or Corrupt Cops? Or does this only apply to certain 'people'.
    Just the ones threating families and others with firearms seems reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    He's just acting according to his persona. I wouldn't have expected anything else from our resident gun nut. (I slowly begin to think he's getting paid for his posts here by some certain organisations...)
    Rabble Rabble Rabble, if only I got paid.

...and serious if you think I'M the gun nut on this forum, you haven't been around long enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Well, maybe it should make a come back

While I do not feel sorry for the gunman, I think rewarding the father for shooting the robber seems at bit excessive.

10+ Year Old Account
    All those here saying "oh but but he didn't need to kill him, someone didn't have to die", I have the strongest doubt that any of you, if someone pulled a gun on your family, that in the exact same situation to protect them you wouldn't pull a gun on the gunman and shoot to defend them.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Sure, but on the condition that you and all the people who agree with you have to live in a state together separately from the rest of people with foresight.
    honestly, what is wrong with it?

Seriously, if a man or woman who is robbing a place and points a firearm at a family and subsequently gets shot, why not reward the person who shot them?

They did society a favor by removing a person who was more than willing to directly place someone elses life in danger. The person would have spent 30 years + in prison and e would have spent millions to put and keep them there.

Honestly boomzy, I always considered you a friend, why do you think im wrong here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not advocating people killing not out of self-defense, but rewarding those that do and in doing so, serve the public interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Calm down, calm down.
    You don't think a money incentive won't cause some people to look for"self defense" cases? I also prefer our justice system.

In addition, I'd rather that's extra money go toward improving the state, like infrastructure. Benefits everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Happy ending? A person died/was shot.
    Sounds like one to me. No one, that mattered, was hurt and a criminal got shot. One less criminal in this world is not a bad thing. The father did a great job!
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

You don't think a money incentive won't cause some people to look for"self defense" cases? I also prefer our justice system.

In addition, I'd rather that's extra money go toward improving the state, like infrastructure. Benefits everyone
    If im the one that shot the bad guy, id rather the money be used to benefit me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by a1derful1 View Post
    Sounds like one to me. No one, that mattered, was hurt and a criminal got shot. One less criminal in this world is not a bad thing. The father did a great job!

*high five* yeah boi

Deleted
    Well, maybe it should make a come back
    So, you don't know the reason. They were issued only for fugitive outlaws, not every single person that broke some law.

Bounties still exist, but everyone has the right to stand on trial.

So, you don't know the reason. They were issued only for fugitive outlaws, not every single person that broke some law.
    Okay fair enough, can we bring it back for outlaws?

10+ Year Old Account
    If im the one that shot the bad guy, id rather the money be used to benefit me.
    If you need money to justify what you did, you're not a "good guy with a gun" imo. Keeping you and yours safe should be all that matters

If you need money to justify what you did, you're not a "good guy with a gun" imo. Keeping you and yours safe should be all that matters
    Yeah, but I *could* be a good guy with a new car.

Deleted
    Okay fair enough, can we bring it back for outlaws?
    https://www.fbi.gov/wanted

They never went away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but I *could* be a good guy with a new car.
    I'll buy your wife makeup. How about that?

So you're still in your acquisition and rep-building phase. Got it!

I know of others, but you're the one that desparately digs out some small "good guy with a gun" story once a month here in a petty attempt to further a discussion that, intellectually, had long lost.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble *insert leftwing ad hominum whining* rabble rabble I don't like supertony.

I hear the Philippines is doing better since they opened season on bad guys. Just needed to keep a garden hose on every street to wash away the leftovers.
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

I'll buy your wife makeup. How about that?
    HAHAHAHA

I got that covered, just got her the new Jeffery Star & Manny Mua Uranus bundle, some IT cosmetic brushes and a Mia2 skin cleanser for Chanukah.

She's a happy girl. I've also been working on getting better at doing her makeup, I've got wings and fishtails down great. Gonna start doing tutorials, that's my retirement plan.

- - - Updated - - -

We already have it. Osama's bounty was like 200 million or some shit. There is a difference between a recognized criminal who is dangerous and some guy you randomly see pull a gun.
    Why? Both are dangerous and are threating peoples lives.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted

They never went away.
    Sweet! thanks for the info Tauror

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by a1derful1 View Post
    I hear the Philippines is doing better since they opened season on bad guys. Just needed to keep a garden hose on every street to wash away the leftovers.
    Solent Green FTW

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not blushing, YOU'RE BLUSHING!

Well can't you see how that would basically turn every citizen into a bounty hunter? That's sort of why we have social rewards for stuff like this instead of monetary ones.
    Fair enough, are we still homies?

That reminds me, i Am looking into getting a Ruger sp101 in .327 federal mag. Shot one at the range and fell in love with it.

Glad the thug is dead, very happy no one else was hurt. Play stupid games win stupid prizes
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

But Osama is threatening anyone's life he comes into contact with, not just one person or one family they have a grudge against like normal criminals. Also again we know Osama is a criminal, the system you set up would have the inevitable consequence of people not only LOOKING for trouble but even instigating trouble...

Who is going to have an incentive to DE-escalate a situation when they get a sweet reward for the situation getting out of hand?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, I don't know how to quit you.
    Can't we do both, my little babooska

- - - Updated - - -

Rabble rabble *insert US rightwings' only argument ever* (but fail to address it properly because you're not even talking to a US citizen).

The last 4 words are true tho.
    You can measure how much I care in microshits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    That reminds me, i Am looking into getting a Ruger sp101 in .327 federal mag. Shot one at the range and fell in love with it.

Glad the thug is dead, very happy no one else was hurt. Play stupid games win stupid prizes
    Nice, I'm thinking about refitting my HK Ar-15 platform for 7.62