Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    They need to add solo ranked pvp.

I can't stand random battlegrounds full of people who don't care about winning or losing but I don't have the time to look for competitive partners either. When I log in for one hour in a day and want to do some pvp I end up looking for someone for an hour instead of actually playing.

Just add the ranked system the way it works in mobas, where you get matched with player with similar skill within minutes. I'm mostly doing arenas with random people from group finder anyway and I'm not the only one here.

This would also be an easy way to introduce more people into arenas and ranked bgs.
    I 2nd this, same situation here!!!

They need to create a queue-able version of RBG or simply remove profession requirements from them entirely and make them less relevant to PvE players.

So many proposed changes to environment (new bgs/arena/wpvp), but so few on toon game play. I would play for long time even in the same scenery if the skill cap and the available ways to counter are at the level of wotlk or mop. Because in old pvp, two games were not the same given the multitude of ways to outlevel the opponents. And that is what first matters in pvp, being creative on the spot with certain tools that will catch the opponent off guard. The few abilities we are currently left with lack the game of creativity, you only need to watch timers and who use them first out of a cc will win.

Looks like blizz devs are stuck in the pve narrow view of rotation, that is forced on players in pvp as well without any customization perspective.

Is like leaving us with an one eye color blind, one hand with two fingers and open flying and expecting to enjoy at max an amazing scenery.
    Last edited by Kryptoon; 2018-01-05 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Honestly I think they already have an excellent idea. If you toggle on pvp mode. You will get extra rewards/bonuses, in other words: It will be more rewarding for pvp players who choose the warrior path.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    Okay but only if a healer can't kill a dps. I don't want to repeat the very "fun" situations in other expansions where healers were raid bosses who could kill any dps because they could keep themselves up AND had very decent damage to grind down the dps.

Otherwise, kindly FUCK OFF!
    Or you could just.. leave.

Even if he can "grind you down", he has no way to stop you from leaving. Just... leave.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    this x100000000. I can't say how much I enjoy when I'm facing a 'warrior' in another mmo and he can't heal. Or a rogue. Or a wizard. Healers/hybrids can heal, and DKs. Not other classes, this is ridiculous.
    Warlock says hi. It's sorta been our schtick since... Vanilla. We do self healing. As a guy who also plays a DK - only Blood should get significant self healing. The other two specs dont need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Or you could just.. leave.

Even if he can "grind you down", he has no way to stop you from leaving. Just... leave.

Warlock says hi. It's sorta been our schtick since... Vanilla. We do self healing. As a guy who also plays a DK - only Blood should get significant self healing. The other two specs dont need it.
    Warlocks make sense to have some self healing.. they've always had that and it makes thematic sense.

allow all players to get access to honor talents

The old system was a bit convoluted with new players not understanding pvp gear, and getting shit on with bad gear.

The new system is stupidly convoluted! The the pvp talent trees are all over the place per class. And the fact you need to grind out honor to unlock the talents is gimmicky AF.

It's bad and nothing feels rewarding.

-Unprune.
    -templates flat none scaling.
    -honor talents are for stat customization not water done pruned abilities.
    -complete redesign of reward system. something alone the lines do bgs = blue wq gear. rated 1500 =lfr gear, rated 1750 normal gear, rated 2100= mythic gear. Along with vanity rewards vendors that open up at specific ratings that have pets, mounts, toys, ect

as for balancing, gut self healing and mobility do the ground. remove auto proc abilities like cheat deaths, snares, along with nuke + cc in one button press (let alone aoe as well)

I feel like theres way to many mechanics for pvp to work well. So many definsives, immunities, mobilitys, crowdcontrols, cheatdeath mechanics and so on... Every damn class and spec has a ton of them. Its a clusterfuck. Theres to many moves to make.
    Since we nowadays can have completely different functions of abilities in pvp id like healers and tanks to be changed to work more similar to how they work in mobas or overwatch, a more supportlike role.

Deleted
    Solo queue for rated pvp is high overdue I think, but it would need to exclude pre-mades in the same queue.

And bring back honor/Conquest gear already! Screw the current RNG system...

Deleted
    I think they should keep the Legion changes of stat template and honor talents. And definitely bring back pvp gear vendors, bring back honor and conquest, let us buy the gear that we want instead of random drops. Also make sure that to be good in pvp we won't need to grind Azerite. Also nicer rewards wouldn't hurt either, in the new honor system we get the same reward every lvl just with different color while you can get much nicer rewards from killing rares. I think these changes should be enough to bring back pvpers.

Personally I would prefer it if they turned off racials in rated pvp. Cause right now high rated pvpers on Alliance side plays human or night elves and on Horde side either orc or blood elves. Another thing I would like to see is if they bring back old pvp gears but with a rating requirement. For example buying 1800+ rating pvp gear from WOTLK but with similar rating requirement or even make it grind based like how old mythic gear or mounts are now.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of honor talents. Give us back our abilities.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty spot on at the moment. Templates are the best thing that's happened to PvP in a long time. I think the only thing that maybe should get changed is acquisition. Even then just using Echos was easy enough.

Increase the amount of Echos per piece maybe?

-Better way to get gear.
    -More customization in Stats and more talent choices.
    -Make the Honor progress Acount Wide
    -More rewards and incentives to do PvP.
    -SoloQ
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I want to be able to buy PvP gear again.
    Would be nice to solo queue for arena.
    Undo alot of the pruning.
    Either scale the gear which they did in WoD or make every template the same, not a fan of percentage differences in BG`s
    If they keep prestige, make it more or less purely cosmetic, or make it account bound, pretty awful to get high prestige on alts.
    More frequent brawls, smaller scale BG`s was quite alot of fun.
    Balance the amount of healers on teams.

Deleted
    Direct pvp changes:

-Remove templates
    -Add vendors back
    -Readd pruned abilities and remove pvp talents
    -Nerf tanks' and healers' damage
    -Nerf CCs and add disarms to casters
    -More defense abilities
    -Make game less bursty/make damage matter outside of burst
    -More mobility for casters
    -Nerf aoe
    -Add gem slots, more enchants (engineering), set bonuses
    -Balance racials
    -Add resilience and pvp power and other stats
    -Less RNG and less instant abilities for some specs
    -Add reforging back
    Pvp scenario changes:

-Add soloque
    -More BGs and arenas (objective based, rather than deathmatch styled)
    -Add new Wintergrasp or something

IMO these changes would make PvP attractive and enjoyable again.

wow guys it's the real drakedog

Deleted
    ya

wotlk was fine fun but too bursty imho

season 9 (vic???) seemed the most balanced too me, but could be nostalgia of reckful 3
    remove templates (or soften them)
    bring back pvp gear/currency, dont like getting pvp ilvl from pve
    most flavour spells/ amplify/dampen magic for mage was always fun
    mana needs fixing, didnt have to bother with dampening when healthpools were low, damp is a bad fix to a problem they caused with hihg numbers
    stat squish please

my humble opinon )

How can you revive something that isnt dead?

Maybe the wording should be "needed to make pvp better" instead?!

On that topic i would say that removing racials from pvp would be one of the best changes since that would let us
    play the race we like and not the one we are forced to play to be as competitive as possible.