Poll: On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rat e Legions raids overall?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

How would you rate Legions raids?

Greetings,

In general how would you rate the raids of legion?

I think I know the general consensus, but I don't want to presume as I've only raided a tiny bit of EN HC, no nighthold, 5/9m ToS and currently Antorus HC.

What do you think overall compared to other expansions? What's the best raid of Legion? What's the worst? Any notably amazing bosses? Any that stand out as terrible?

Thanks.

7 or 8, tos and tov kind of bring it down. Overall based on enjoyment I'd go antorus>nh>en>tos>tov. Don't like short raids like tov and it had dull mechanics, tos had too many raid wipe mechanics and "soak or die" rest were good though

Probably the worst raids I've seen so far. For all of the year I've kept wishing we had another year of HFC instead of this bland uninspired mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Probably the worst raids I've seen so far. For all of the year I've kept wishing we had another year of HFC instead of this bland uninspired mess.
    How is Antorus bland and uninspired?

ToS was a slog after like week 4. Hopefully Antorus is better on reclears.

I enjoy Antorus much more than ToS. The whole “1 person fucks up this single mechanic and it’s unrecoverable” mantra in ToS made it so painful. More than half the bosses had 1 shot mechanics that would wipe the raid if 1 person fucked up (balls on maiden, Armageddon on kJ, shots on mistress, etc).

Antorus however has some very interesting fights. I loved Argus, aggramar, kin’garoth, coven and imonar. All were very fun on H. Maybe slightly too easy before the buffs to argus and coven but they were definitely fun fights. High command is also pretty cool. I think overall Antorus has way better fights mechanically than ToS.

Aside from that I enjoyed NH a ton. Raid looked amazing. ToV was a good filler raid, much better than previous filler raids imo. Tuned a bit too crazy but still fun.

So overall I’d say 6. ToS brought it down a lot. Antorus and NH are/were very fun though.

In terms of both tuning and fun, I believe Nighthold wins the race this expansion. However, Antorus is still the most fun for me. Most of the fights feel very unique and the only fight I truly don't enjoy is Eonar I think. Too bad the whole instance is massively undertuned.

Since this is the last raid of the expansion and will most likely be around longer than the previous raids, I was expecting all the modes to be significantly harder to keep people occupied until the next expansion. I'm a filthy casual and don't raid mythic at all, like the majority of the people, and soon I'll probably be done with heroic and cancel my subscription until the next expansion. I believe this will be the case for most of the people as well, so Blizzard better hurry to find something to prevent this.

The other thing with this tier is it's tier sets. I play a havoc demon hunter, and I was very excited to switch to Demonic build as soon as I get the t21 4p. Now I have the 4p, only to realize that it's crap or provides only a marginal gain over the t20 set if it has mythic level pieces. I hear this is the case for some other classes as well, so I believe Blizzard has a serious problem with tuning pretty much everything in this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    How is Antorus bland and uninspired?
    Can't say, I stopped playing back in September after second week of Argus, so rated only based on what I've seen in EN, ToV, NH and ToS.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Probably best raids so far so its 9/10 could be more fun if they implement more challenge in mythic with additional cinematics or smtng.That 9/10 is from all wow history of raiding.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

4/10 so far.
    EN was an absolute disaster because surprisingly titanforging and legendaries increase your output.
    ToV was pretty enjoyable, Helya is probably the best boss this expansion.
    NH was also enjoyable, decent difficulty curve.
    ToS is the worst raid I've done.
    Antorus is abit too easy for my liking so far but that might change when I reach Aggramar/Argus.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    3/10

wod raiding was way better imo.

Eonar is so bad. We literally ran around with our heads cut off and the mobs were recking Eonar yet somehow we beat the encounter. Horribly tuned fight. It is basically free loot.

6/10

EN was easy but fun.
    ToV was a decent raid.
    NH was tedious, Gul'dan is the most fun boss of the expansion by a mile(so far).
    ToS worst raid i've experienced.

I've only done Antorus on heroic, pretty lackluster, the last 2 bosses are fun.

I only play WoW for raiding, and i've already made my decision to quit permanently the moment my subs runs out in 2 months. I want to try BfA, but only if i get invited to the beta, i'm done with retail WoW.

Other than the soaking shit in tos and now coven, a solid 7. I did not do EN, though. ToS really made burnout worse than normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Eonar is so bad. We literally ran around with our heads cut off and the mobs were recking Eonar yet somehow we beat the encounter. Horribly tuned fight. It is basically free loot.
    Yeah that fight is weird, no direction.

I think both WoD and Legion raids were great, with WoD having a slight edge over the raids in this expansion.

Style wise Nighthold was my favorite one, funniest was probably Trillax. FILTHYYYY!

Musicwise it was a disappointment. Seems like Blizz have completely given up on raid music.

Nothing fun like Dumuru or Lei Shen for LFR heroes like me, so pretty boring.
    Remember the gastropods before Jin Kun? Killer snales of doom.

I will always remember Elegon fondly, guessing games ahead of starting the encounter how many would fall down when the floor vanishes.

Good times
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2017-12-09 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    8/10. Had a good time, even in ToS.

I wonder how much Nighthold being peoples favourite raid has to do with the suramar quests and the pre-nighthold questline, I don't disagree however, Nighthold/Antorus are really good, EN was average, I think I liked it more thematically more than anything, ToS though is easily the worst raid they have ever made, mechanics were god awful and the bosses seemed lackluster. ToS has one thing going for it and thats the aesthetics of the raid, looks super nice.

EN - unequivocally terrible, I think most people agree
    ToV - a filler raid that had one of the best bosses ever designed (Helya) but nobody will remember because it's basically ToC 2.0
    NH - a very good raid, definitely among the better ones they have made both in terms of flavor and mechanics
    ToS - a powergamer dream with unforgiving mechanics out the ass; terrible for most other people
    EN - a lore letdown unseen since Dragonsoul, mechanically bland and very average; can't speak to m-Argus yet

Overall I guess it had its ups and downs, but the bummer is that the final two tiers are not amazing and that tends to taint the impression of the entire expansion for most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly poorly. NH and ToS were terrible, EN was a cakewalk, and ToV felt.. Off. Somehow. Antorus is too new for me to really judge it, but so far it seems better than the others.

If Antorus lives up to what it seems like, I'd give it overall a 5/10
    If it fails maybe a 3/10