Thread: The Highwaymen

The Highwaymen

I just heard about this, looks like it may be pretty good.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Harrelson alone would sell me this movie, so everything extra is a nice bonus.
    Movies like this are the reason why Spielberg wants Netflix banned from the Oscars.
    Keep it up, Netflix, keep Hollywood afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post

I just heard about this, looks like it may be pretty good.
    Isn't cookie a girl's name? I suppose cookie for a highwayman is kinda interesting.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Came into this thread thinking it might be about music, but then I saw Harrelson so I had to watch the trailer.

Looks good. I've been misled by Netflix before, but I'll probably give this a shot. Woody really does dark cop well.

Hopefully this will be tough to watch.

Harrelson, Costner and Bates.

Rotten Tomatoes Audience score is an 83%
    Google user rating is 91%
    IMDB gave it a 7.2

Yup, definitely worth a watch.

Edit: Interestingly enough, Harrelson once played a character inspired by Clyde.

Last edited by Laerrus; 2019-03-24 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Harrelson alone would sell me this movie, so everything extra is a nice bonus.
    Movies like this are the reason why Spielberg wants Netflix banned from the Oscars.
    He wants Netflix banned from the Oscars because they're essentially TV and the Oscars are for cinema. As such he feels it would be more appropriate for them to be in the Emmys or something instead. Netflix got around this by doing a limited cinema release for movies they wanted to be Oscar contenders, which is a bit of a hack.

So I can see Spielberg's point, but I don't really care too much either way.