Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Lightbulb New Leveling and Dungeon Finder - Still ruins the experience

Dungeon Finder needs to go

WoW is immersive, and the dungeons are a feat for those who have explored the earth. However, Dungeon Finder seems to give players the ability to AFK in a major city and press buttons, this is not the game or immersive what so ever, you go from World of Warcraft to que-popcraft.

"Rain, I do not just sit in the city, I like to quest while doing so!"

Okay, iff I begin leveling a character that can only DPS, I will queu and quest at the same time too. This still tends to hurt the new intention with leveling. You dwindle down your ability to experience immersion. Imagine yourself still in Ghostlands at level 40 because of the dungeon finder queus popping mid quests, yet the leveling is scaling. You have no reason to experience the world, you can simply power level through the most efficient area while queuing for dungeons (which also scale.) With the bonus experience and the quests given throughout dungeons you fly through leveling. So what are some options to truly give a good experience?

Nerf the bonus experience forcing others to stray away from dungeon finder.

This may be a good option, and help guide players into the world. Yet it still gives this afk feel. You sit in the dungeon and spam. Go grab some ramen noodles while you wait 5 minutes and boom guess what queu pop!

Get rid of Dungeon Finder until End cap Level

Now we are talking. We now have zone scaling, and dungeon scaling so why make the game quepopcraft? I believe the intent of a dungeon is to experience the feel of taking down bosses, get your feet wet for what it feels to strategize around boss mechanics, diving deep into an infested mob area, and fighting people off; but there is an aspect that Dungeon Finder loses. The entrance point. Entering a dungeon, the big swirls with the skull eyeing you down, ready to devour your pathetic blood elf soul, all engulfs you into the beauty of entering a dungeon. Then you earn your right to sit in a city and just AFK (still would prefer flying to the stone, but that is just good ol' nostalgia)

But then not all dungeons will get experienced because seriously who wants to walk to black rock

Okay so here is where I think we should have initiative bonuses. If you do make a group and you are doing a dungeon you have not ran for the day, then you should get a bonus. Not through a queu but through a lockout system. If you want to run a dungeon again, go ahead that is fine, but you won't get that daily "BRD EXP Bonus". Now we have players immersing themselves and engaging the world, but not abusing a system.

What are your thoughts? Dungeon Finder good? Dungeon Finder Bad? Why? Why Not? Should blizz consider not only revamping the scaling, but the systematic rot they have created with dungeon finder?

------------
    EDIT: I do not hate dungeon finder. If they left it in, I would use it (because it is easier). I just feel as if it takes away an aspect of the game that content creators/developers meant it to be which they have control of it.

EDIT(2) I am not saying go back to sitting in trade - i am offering LFG and sharding to take place. Powerful tech to be used. Y'all keep forcing this to say "I want vanilla rawr" but I am saying "DUde sharding is great! and LFG is great too (with sharding) so why not combine the two and get a group going for some WC while i am questing in barrens." Does this concept seem more valid? Please discontinue the vanilla comments as a form of argumentative stance. I want your opinions and discussion. Not a strawman you formed.

Also more specific LFD is such a powerful ssytem - so powerful it outweighs questing as a form of leveling. Therefore lessening questing as an option for leveling. That is the intent of this post. Creating a valid option for those who wanna sit in SW and press buttons (as an option and not optimization) and those who want to quest. right now questing isn't an option unless I force myself to play the game a certain way. (seems slightly redundant)
    Last edited by Rainal; 2017-12-10 at 09:06 AM. Reason: seems unclear intent of post.

Just unsub and wait for classic to come out in a few years. Removing QoL features from the modern game would make zero sense when there will be a completely separate experience for the people who want leveling to be hard and tedious.

Once classic launches. Blizzard will realize the mistakes they have made with certain changes to the game.

will blizzard revert changes to warcraft? probably not.

will blizzard take the best things of classic and retail, and create a new MMO? I hope so.

if they can take all the things about retail, mainly its ability to foster and maintain community, and all the content in retail. It would make for one hell of a game

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Classic is coming, they won't strip BfA.

I'm confused by this thread. You know you can skip queing for a dungeon completely. It's optional. If you want to quest without heirlooms, do it. I've been leveling an alt recently only doing quests and I've been staying on par with each zone. So far he's already 74.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Not really, it's fine as it is.

Rain, I think everyone has their own feelings on what "immersion" is to them. You don't like Dungeon finder, then by all means DONT use it.

Heres my 2 cents, I like it so I use it.

They really need to crack down on trolls making new accounts just to troll. Maybe make it so you can't even post on certain subforums, like the vanilla one, until you have 100+ posts.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is an awful idea, for one reason alone. The time spent making the group would counter the amount of XP you would get. It would be more efficient to quest then to ever run a single dungeon levelling up.

Deleted
    Nahh no thanks

Cool story bro.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Shut up. And don't toss around terms like "immersion", you don't have a fucking clue what it means. And if you don't like LFD, don't use it.

Also, don't create any more garbage threads.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-09 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

No, leveling is fun the first time, the second time is because why not, got to have an alt, the 3rd is "Fuck this".

If anything, i am glad i have most classes at over 90 or 100 by now and i dont have to level that much, its such a fucking waste of time.

I wanna play and be competitive at the active raid/endgame/pvp whatever it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    "IMMERSIONIMMERSIONIMMERSIONIMMERSIONIMMERSION" let's be real here, what you want is to force other people to have to deal with you. You know what's not immersive? Spending an hour hanging around town spamming for a group invite when the quest log tells you time is of the essence and it's up to you to stop the Scourge from pouring out of Stratholme. Must not be that pressing a matter if you can faff off to a city on the other side of the world for an hour and change. You know what's not immersive? An empty world because people would rather sit in towns spamming for a group and wait to be summoned, rather than a world where players are queued up while actively doing things outside town like world quests, invasion events, and farming rares.

Camping out around a rock or in a city on the other side of the world do not immersion make. This was never about immersion and fuck Blizzard for spinning it into a buzzword echoed ad infinitum by stupid people who can't think for themselves about why they were never able to get groups and why they want to force people to interact with them rather than making the effort to make friends with the current system.

Because, and here's a crazy thought: dungeon queues pop faster with a full party. Who'da thunk!?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Go back to your classic private server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Dungeon Finder is just fine. Dungeon Finder actually let's you play while you wait, where as in the "Good old days", you were tied to spamming the trade chat. Can only do so much in the major cities, sometimes for hours.

If memory serves, there used to be a global chat for the purposes of LFG, but it was taken away, as it was mainly used for chatting. The whole faction in the same chat made for a lot of spam.

If you treat the game like "World-of-Queuecraft", it's a fucking you problem.

Stick to Classic, feel immersed. Let others feel immersed in the experience coming with 7.3.5 in terms of leveling.
    Immersion is subjective, you don't own it nor do you have objectively superior tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So... remove dungeons then?

I really don't get how does it hurt ANYONE that some dude somewhere levels through spamming dungeon queue, battleground queue, pet battles or picking peacebloom on the panda turtle island. WOW offers options. Sadly we have too many homemade despots that think only their chosen option is right and everyone else is wrong and their options should be taken away from them and they should be forced into one right way to do things (tm).