Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WOOOOOO

Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't party just yet everyone as whoever replaces him could be worse..

worse ? not possible.

this is the BEST xmas ever happened !!!

- - - Updated - - -

i have to add something, since i wait since 3 years for this moment:

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

good news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    You do know he was never on class design right, he was in the balancing team. He didn't have anything to do with with pruning or some shit like that.
    Considering the balance issues, especially in PvP the last few expansions, this alone speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Good. It was clear to me he lost his passion for WoW a long time ago.
    My thoughts exactly. Celestalon's early days were really good. He seemed enthusiastic, passionate about his role and actually engaged with the community on more than a superficial level. He even had some early successes that boosted his popularity. That didn't last more than a year though as it didn't take long to show he didn't seem as good at the whole balancing and numbers thing as he was cracked up to be. The last two expansions has been a hot mess when it comes to class balance and when his blunders became more well known, Celestalon like most other devs barricaded himself behind social media only replying to the handful of people that still worshipped him. Clearly he wasn't up to the task and I am surprised he lasted as long as he did before being quietly shipped off to the wings like Holinka.

Unlike Holinka though, I cannot help feel a little sorry for the guy though because at least he seems decent enough person outside of his role. I just feel he was given too much responsibility too soon and didn't really know how to learn from his failures after his early success. Maybe HS will be more his forte though considering what a trainwreck that game is when it comes to balance as well, I hope he isn't jumping from one vat of boiling oil to the other.

Let the unpruning begin
    Please NO. We don't want those vanish-priests and Healing mages....

Bring back WOTLK design.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They will. People said the exact same things about GC, won't stop people from forgetting the bad as time passes and a new object for their vitriol emerges and "wrongs" them.
    Yeah I remember how every one "knew" that GC played a mage and that is why they were always good and then when he left it was revealed he actually played a priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess that's something.

Someday I may find out why Celestalon has me blocked on Twitter. I barely ever spoke to him.

Goodbye and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah I remember how every one "knew" that GC played a mage and that is why they were always good and then when he left it was revealed he actually played a priest.
    Assuming that was the only class he played. Or was even telling the truth considering he could say anything and we have no way of verifying it.

good, he was a douche on twitter during WoD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    He was a snarky and condescending asshole. Good riddance.

He finally found a game he can use his tablet skills on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    someone i know working at blizzard says all the money is coming from Hearthstone and overwatch. Gee, it's almost like Wow is dying
    Blizzard essentially makes between $300-500 million annually (profit) from just sub fees in wow (before taxes and depending on subs, $300m would be less than 3m subs, $600m would be more than 6m subs). These sub revenues are essentially seen as free money, they don't really have to work more or less to get it.

Even if an expansion would cost around $100 million per 12 months, at a sub rate of $12.99 and 3 million subs, they'd still make $367 million profit annually.

I find it odd how many people who claim to be well-informed about blizzard and the game think that the game's balancing decisions are all done by one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Arionara View Post
    I find it odd how many people who claim to be well-informed about blizzard and the game think that the game's balancing decisions are all done by one person.
    Because people both:
    1: Have no earthly idea how game development works and
    2: Think that they do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arionara View Post
    More a case they need a scapegoat to take their vitriol out on, and Celestation got chosen to be that scapegoat.. Like how Ghostcrawler became the scapegoat for the woes of the game way back when..

Will be interesting to see who replaces Celestation and how long it will take for the community to start blaming them for the woes of the game..

Good. Not gonna miss him.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callinon View Post
    Because people both:
    1: Have no earthly idea how game development works and
    2: Think that they do
    Precisely, this is the trouble with some of this community is all of the armchair developers who think they know what they are talking about but know absolutely squat about game development..