Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Do kids know how to read an analog clock?

Do millenials know how read a clock face? Do they even teach that now?

There's a lot of things the younger generation doesn't know about.... Tying Shoelaces, Telephone boxes, rotary dialing phones, house phones attached to walls by a long lead, (UK) 2p and 10p slots on payphones, Reading analogue clock faces, TV that used to shut down at 11pm, (UK) TV's having 3 channels.

That's just from me thinking for a minute, but i'm tired and need my sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    There's a lot of things the younger generation doesn't know about.... Tying Shoelaces, Telephone boxes, rotary dialing phones, house phones attached to walls by a long lead, (UK) 2p and 10p slots on payphones, Reading analogue clock faces, TV that used to shut down at 11pm, (UK) TV's having 3 channels.

That's just from me thinking for a minute, but i'm tired and need my sleep.
    you need your sleep old man.

Im teaching my 5 year old how to read an analog clock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I put up one today in my kitchen...the neice and nephew were stumped when I asked them the time on it.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    There's a lot of things the younger generation doesn't know about.... Tying Shoelaces
    ...Maybe if you count the 'younger generation' as people born after 2013?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Even I was never taught how, I mean I'm not sure what the gap is to be considered a 'millenial'. I'm 23 but I learned how to use an analog clock on my own. As well with tying shoes. School never taught any of it.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

It's taught in schools. The problem is parents are too stupid to make sure that their kids learn it. If a kid chooses not to learn, the parent is the only one with any power (US).

Are kids just naturally expected to know how to read an analog clock without any help whatsoever?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it was taught in Canada not sure about the us thou

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

what is 5 of 9?

Deleted
    Though I do know how to read analog clocks I don't expect kids younger then 10 to. I have no idea how imperial units work, why? beacuse they're old and something better was come along. It's a useless skill to them now.

They went over analog in my elementary school, almost two decades ago. The also go over it in my nephew's school, he knows how to read the analog clocks when he visits. It's not a hard skill, you could teach it to a 10 year old in probably 5 minutes if they didn't know anything about it.

Digital is far more common and heavily used on nearly everything. Analog is more of a style choice rather than functional, especially due to their potential for inaccuracy.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Long division

Cursive writting

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    what is 5 of 9?
    A Borg series designation. What is a quarter to 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    A Borg series designation. What is a quarter to 6?
    Quarter to 6 is a phrase used by idiots to sound smarter than actual intelligent people that simply say 5:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Quarter to 6 is a phrase used by idiots to sound smarter than actual intelligent people that simply say 5:45.
    I'm just being rude. Jayburner likes to make a lot of threads talking down to people he considers "millennials" so thought I'd throw it back at him. Again, just being rude.

I am more concerned with my north american friends honestly needing to ask me what 17hrs is in 1-12PM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    haha! but you understand it.

Millennials are pretty fucking stupid, sooo......