Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Celestalon is gone and moved on

I didnt see this posted any place else but

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...62072885452800

All I can say is thank fucking God and now maybe they will undo the terrible things he did to the classes .
    Let the Healing begin
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Already a thread on this and lol if you think one guy who did balancing going to a different team is suddenly going to make all of your dreams come true

Or maybe after a 3rd person starts the position, people will realize it really wasnt ghostcrawler or celestalon working alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or maybe after a 3rd person starts the position, people will realize it really wasnt ghostcrawler or celestalon working alone.
    ^ This.

Sadly the "my gaem is ruined REEEEEEEE!!!"-crowd seem to lack the ability to see reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    People are always going to complain about the dude being in charge of class balance. Ghost Crawler at least attempted to understand every class though.

Celestalon was a fucking joke, and I will never forget him shit posting in the monk beta thread telling all the top brewmasters they had no idea how to play the spec.

He will not be missed, he was literally the worst of the vocal WoW team.

Was it WoD where he was really vocal at first then all the hate drove him into hiding? Might have been mop /shrug anyway I used to hate reading his blue posts all the time he never really seemed to actually care about feedback. Much prefer ghosty to him.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    people so mad always at the vocal lead, even tho its clearly not an one man job

BUT THEY NERFED MAH SPEC
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

At least they shipped him over to Hearthstone. Seems to be the place they put shitty Devs to end their careers . He can use all his Tablet skills there
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Not gonna miss him but hope he enjoys it at heartstone

Deleted
    Don't think it will change anythying. but thank god he is gone, he was a fucking joke of a dev who could not take any fucking critism and always blamed everything hyperbole.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Celestalon was a fucking joke, and I will never forget him shit posting in the monk beta thread telling all the top brewmasters they had no idea how to play the spec.
    this was a fucking classic, don't know how people can defend him, sure he is not alone, but come on

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    People are always going to complain about the dude being in charge of class balance. Ghost Crawler at least attempted to understand every class though.

He will not be missed, he was literally the worst of the vocal WoW team.
    He did the same thing to hunters. I'm so happy that pink haired tablet cuck is gone. I still remember him playing the wrong spec in UBRS, picking the wrong talents, coming in dead last on DPS by miles, and then claiming that hunters were in a good spot lol.

Jesus Christ you people.

This is literally. LITERALLY the same thing that happened when Ghostcrawler or any other "Major" developer moving from WoW.

Nothing "mindblowing" is going to change. WoW isn't going to "Heal". It's a group of people. It's like people in MMO-C forever need a scapgoat to send all their blame to.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    Jesus Christ you people.

This is literally. LITERALLY the same thing that happened when Ghostcrawler or any other "Major" developer moving from WoW.

Nothing "mindblowing" is going to change. WoW isn't going to "Heal". It's a group of people. It's like people in MMO-C forever need a scapgoat to send all their blame to.
    I don't think you've ever had the displeasure of actually talking to Celestalon.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    I don't think you've ever had the displeasure of actually talking to Celestalon.
    Not at all sure what that has to do with anything. Anything at all.

I think his biggest flaw was his lack of professionalism. Tbh, it's ok if you don't know everything about the game even if you are a head dev, we are all human, after all. But how he got defensive whenever someone brought an issue up to him and how he would tend to blame player skill on pretty glaring issues of a spec really, really, left a sour taste in many players mouths. Had he been more professional and respectful, I'm sure many more players would have taken him more seriously as a dev.

Deleted
    Despised that smug asshole.

Good riddance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this was a fucking classic, don't know how people can defend him, sure he is not alone, but come on
    Wasn't he also one of the people defending Holy Wrath as a talent, despite how obviously horrible it is?

That and the brewmaster thing show he obviously didn't have a clue what he was talking about and shouldn't have been in the position he was. Whether he solely was responsible for anything that happened or not, he shouldn't have been in that position with the "I'm a dev, so I'm obviously right and the players are wrong" mindset.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-12-09 at 12:50 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    Not at all sure what that has to do with anything. Anything at all.
    It has everything to do with it. He's a cunt on top of being incompetent and having an incompetent balancing team. There are a great many reasons to dislike him and be glad he's gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait till you guys miss him.