Poll: Were nightborne worth trading void elves for

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dude, Nightborne has as much to do with NE as BElves do. In fact, NB are much (culture and ideology-wise) relatable to blood elves.

unless you mean physical appearance.

Makes perfect sense that they'd either stay neutral, or join horde.

I'm not particulary interested in Velves (even though they have a lot of great customization options), because they seem too edgelord-y for me, much like Demon Hunters do. Also, I'm not against new lore development, but as a new sub-race, they appeared out of nowhere, literally. The best way to introduce them would be letting they slowly appear through a period of time, much like Nightborne or Highmountain, so we can get to know them.

I'd much prefer if blizzard worked with an already existing subrace option. High elves are there for ever. Yes, they are physically identical to Blood Elves, but you could add some new hair and skin shades to make up for that. (also lore reasons why high elves aren't a race because of diminished numbers is bogus if you see Velves.)

If they were so keen in adding a void-themed race, why not just put in Ethereals?! Locus Walker is already a kind of important NPC, and could easily pull a leadership role there.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    I still think the Nightborne being Horde makes a bit more sense than Alliance if they're going to be splintering off. They're old enemies of the Darnassian Night Elves and have that haughty streak the Blood Elves have.

Just because they happen to be related to Night Elves shouldn't be influencing where they're placed. The whole race-war angle is a bit uncomfortable, anyway.

That said, if I played only Alliance I'd probably want Nightborne over Void Elves - they're a more interesting choice at the moment, if only because they have backstory we've already explored.
    Old allies of Darnassian Night Elves, you mean.

7+ Year Old Account
    i would be happy if they erase and remove all this bullshit elf races of the game

It was pretty much clear that the Nightborne would ally themselves with the Horde (or at least the Blood Elves), if you played through the Suramar campaign to the point where you get the cat mount.
    Everybody else just wasn't paying enough attention at all. It was very clear from the beginning that the Nightelves think that the Nightborne betrayed them during the shattering and they pretty much despise everyone who is/was addicted to any type of magic, yet they are OK with Void corrupted Elves ... which makes them also hypocrites ...
    Only thing I regret is that instead of giving High Elves to the Alliance, they got Void Elves, who are practically High Elves without being High Elves ... so anybody who wants to play a High Elves is unhappy about the missed opportunity and instead we got another "out of the blue" race without much backstory. At least many people seem to like Void Elves anyway, so the race is not a complete failure. It seems the Blizzard Marketing team struck gold again and delivered exactly what 12 y o emos wanted into the game.

Void Elves > all other allied races. I am sad Horde.

Have you seen the Void Elf hairstyles? Totally worth it.

At first I was a little salty that Nightborne went Horde, but TBH I think Void Elves could end up a way more interesting faction. Feels like the Nightborne's day in the spotlight is essentially over and their story is all but wrapped up. Now they're just going to end up with the same kind of story as the Blood Elves.

At first I was pretty salty... but now I'm happy af that we get Void Elves and don't care a bit about Nightborne.

That being said, what I really only like about the Nightborne is Suramar... but Suramar isn't becoming a Horde City (not even lorewise), not even the Nightborne as a whole will become a part of the Horde. It's really the same Situation we had with the Pandaren (except that there are no Nightborne for the Alliance), where a small group would join the Horde.

These races were given to the sides they are on, so alliance can have blood elf skeletons and horde can have night elf skeletons.

It would be completely moronic to have them available to both sides.

The allied races are to open up "new customization" for existing races, so to speak. The zandalar bring troll players upright trolls for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I would have preferred High Elves for the Alliance. I have a blood elf shadow priest, am I not a void elf? How come she hasn't been kicked out? It's weird.
    Because shadow priests dont work with the void full force. They draw on it's power, like Warlocks draw on fel, but arent consumed by it(typically). Void Elves are like the Fel Elves, they go much deeper into the magic until it consumes all of them.

There's a difference in taking one slice of pie, or taking the whole damn thing.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-12-10 at 01:19 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    These races were given to the sides they are on, so alliance can have blood elf skeletons and horde can have night elf skeletons.

The allied races are to open up "new customization" for existing races, so to speak. The zandalar bring troll players upright trolls for example.

Because shadow priests dont work with the void full force. They draw on it's power, like Warlocks draw on fel, but arent consumed by it(typically). Void Elves are like the Fel Elves, they go much deeper into the magic until it consumes all of them.

There's a difference in taking one slice of pie, or taking the whole damn thing.
    But we both go into void form in combat. o_o

I was rationalizing it by saying "she hasn't been caught yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Kinda obvious except for the very important fact that they night elves treated the nightborne as junkies and lesser then them. The idea that is was a trade is kinda silly too, they have nothing to do with each other, neither faction got one as a direct result of the other faction getting the other.
    Which is fucking high and mighty coming from the Night Elves that only traded their magic addiction for what their leaders ordained as 'the good magic'.

Night Elves need to get over their hypocrisy first and foremost. The very thought they would shun Nightborn but accept Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei is fucking absurd even from their warped, fascist, culturally stagnant perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Why aren't HM tauren Alliance, Lightforged Draenei Horde?

Shit, why aren't Zandalari Alliance and the Dark iron Horde? Oh. That'd be because that'd make somehow more and less sense than what they are doing here.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Old allies of Darnassian Night Elves, you mean.
    Ahh, I was misremembering their stance during the War of the Ancients. Highborne, but not fighting alongside Azshara at all.

I suppose it still makes sense to lump them with the other Highborne offshoot rather than with the modern Night Elves, but it could definitely go either way fairly.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2017-12-10 at 01:30 AM.

i will give belfs and nightborne to the alliance for free. Fuck elfs i want pandas Demon hunters

I have a history with the Nightborne, especially with the likes of Thalyssra, Valtrois and Oculeth. While void is something Alleria, a famous Alliance character, dabbled with in the last patch of Legion. I'm Horde and I am extremely happy to have the Nightborne on our side.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    But we both go into void form in combat. o_o

I was rationalizing it by saying "she hasn't been caught yet."
    Spriest have to build up to it, Void elves can just change when they want. Whats gonna confuse you even more, is the fact that Void Elves can be priests. So you not only have a being filled with void energy harnessing the light. But a Void Elf Spriest, goes into void form, just to build up power and shift into another void form.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Why aren't HM tauren Alliance, Lightforged Draenei Horde?

Shit, why aren't Zandalari Alliance and the Dark iron Horde? Oh. That'd be because that'd make somehow more and less sense than what they are doing here.
    I'm sorry..where has the horde been yelling for the draenei to be playable to us? Or the alliance wanting tauren(by the way this is one reason why the alliance got worgen). Same goes for trolls and dwarves...oh they havent. But what has been happening is the alliance wants to play Dark Iron, and the Horde wants upright trolls. The alliance also wanted High Elves, and the Horde wanted bulkier looking elves. Thus we have the allied races.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    Dude, Nightborne has as much to do with NE as BElves do. In fact, NB are much (culture and ideology-wise) relatable to blood elves.

I'm not particulary interested in Velves (even though they have a lot of great customization options), because they seem too edgelord-y for me, much like Demon Hunters do. Also, I'm not against new lore development, but as a new sub-race, they appeared out of nowhere, literally. The best way to introduce them would be letting they slowly appear through a period of time, much like Nightborne or Highmountain, so we can get to know them.

I'd much prefer if blizzard worked with an already existing subrace option. High elves are there for ever. Yes, they are physically identical to Blood Elves, but you could add some new hair and skin shades to make up for that. (also lore reasons why high elves aren't a race because of diminished numbers is bogus if you see Velves.)

If they were so keen in adding a void-themed race, why not just put in Ethereals?! Locus Walker is already a kind of important NPC, and could easily pull a leadership role there.
    Nightborne are (culturally and ideaologically) much more relatable to Highborne than anything else, because that's exactly what they are.

High Elves are awful and I'm glad Blizzard was smart enough not to just waste a race option on the vocal minority that wants to play Blood Elves but wants to be Alliance.

I'm sorry..where has the horde been yelling for the draenei to be playable to us? Or the alliance wanting tauren(by the way this is one reason why the alliance got worgen). Same goes for trolls and dwarves...oh they havent. But what has been happening is the alliance wants to play Dark Iron, and the Horde wants upright trolls. The alliance also wanted High Elves, and the Horde wanted bulkier looking elves. Thus we have the allied races.
    Lol. 1) When did anyone ask for Night elves for Horde?

2) Nightborne are the opposite of bulky. Male blood elves are far sturdier looking than the NB.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-12-10 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post

They're a race styling themselves after Alleria like demon hunters are a class styling themselves after Illidan. Also it looks like the Ethereals are coming back in a villain role, if the Shadowguard are any indication.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The last thing the Horde needed was a purple coloured Belf so at least we now get a purple coloured Nelf instead!

Also the Horde now has Suramar as a city so top that Stormwind!!

I'm happy with Void Elves on Alliance and Nightborne on Horde. It's a sensible trade.

If Nightborne still revered Elune actively in their society, and still had Druids, maybe they would get along with Night Elves better than Blood Elves. But as it stands they have much more in common with Blood Elves. But with the magic addiction cured by the fruit, that commonality may not last.

The Highmountain had ties to the Night Elves from the War of the Ancients and Huln... but with Legion, it seems most of them forgot or simply don't care about or have any connection to any of their elven neighbors. Zandalari could have gripes with the Darkspear... but I think the current logic is that they hate Night Elves more, historically. (They're high and mighty, don't like acknowledging the lineage.) However, recent events would mean they hate Darkspear more recently... could have gone either way, honestly. Dark Iron would make sense on the Horde (they were so antagonistic to the Alliance in the past, and Moira is only barely tolerated now as it is). Dark Iron as well probably could have gone either way. It only would have taken one back-stabbing gone wrong to get Moira to turn to the Horde. But the Lightforged on Horde... unless there was some ancestral connection to the Orcs, with Orcs in the Lightforged armies, I otherwise wouldn't see them on Horde as ever making any sense otherwise as they don't have any real connection to other Horde races. (Except, arguably, Blood Elves with the Sunwell?) Maybe if there was some Light prophecy that told them they had to teach Undead, Trolls, or Goblins to be Paladins, or something?
    Last edited by Razion; 2017-12-10 at 02:01 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They're a race styling themselves after Alleria like demon hunters are a class styling themselves after Illidan. Also it looks like the Ethereals are coming back in a villain role, if the Shadowguard are any indication.
    Shadowguard seem similar to the Ethereum, and I can easily imagine a prison world somewhere out there we might visit in a future content/expansion.

Nexus Prince Haramad could still lead to a playable ethereal Allied race at some point. Probably not in BfA tho.