Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    LOL they already announced an ilvl squish with battle for azeroth, wont come til then, so /thread i guess?

stat squish for BFA

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Your right I miscalculated. Before additional difficulties you didn't go over 100 ilvls per expansion. Hell WoTLK would have been smaller if they stuck to the Ulduar HM model. But with the numbers being overall lower, I think DPS disparities will be lower.
    They won't be, because the relative difference is solely dependent on the iLvl gap between individual tiers. Absolute iLvl values don't really matter.

A 30 iLvl difference is intentionally designed to be about the same relative DPS change regardless of what the base iLvl is.

As i said before, the squish has no impact whatsoever on your issue. It's only purpose is to mollify people afraid of large numbers.

I don't look at it in ilvls, but in actual damage. I was doing 200-300k in EN, now I'm doing 1.5 million. From the standpoint of an ilvl increase it might be in line with other expansions, but the damage seems scaling absurdly high. We just have too many difficulties for dungeons and raids, they need to be consolidated.
    Last edited by Methodd; 2017-12-09 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Legion’s jump is considerable, but I would consider the argument not difficulties, but the warforging system that’s in place now. They need to make he next tier up higher ilvl than the average warforge/titanforge. Otherwise we won’t replace gear. I’d be fine with getting rid of this system personally.
    What you need to do is learn to use google and watch blizzcon.|

Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    I don't look at it at ilvls, but in actual damage. I was doing 200-300k in EN, now I'm doing 1.5 million. From the standpoint of an ilvl increase it might be in line with other expansions, but the damage seems scaling absurdly high. We just have too many difficulties for dungeons and raids, they need to be consolidated.
    You're forgetting Artifacts. Calculate them out, and the increase is far more in line with previous expansions.

Deleted
    are people like OP seriously unable to use google?

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    are people like you seriously unable to read through the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    There's nothing on Google that would answer the OP's question. "Item squish" is not an answer to it, btw..

10+ Year Old Account
    What I found great about Legion is how it addressed a plethora of issues that have started to plague WoW dating back as far as WoTLK.

However ilvls bloating up like crazy is still a thing. As a DPS class this can be very frustrating.
    Have I got news for you regarding BFA and an upcoming item level squish in 8.0...
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Actually what was posted is very reasonable. A jump of only about 130 ilvls from early Herioic Dungeons to the final Mythic Raid tier is pretty much in league with how TBC was I think with Kara to Sunwell.
    Karazhan to Sunwell was 40 item levels.

EN Normal to Antorus Mythic is 120+ item levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Have I got news for you regarding BFA and an upcoming item level squish in 8.0...
    Particularly that it won't in any way affect the issue the OP is talking about.

He's not talking about big numbers. He's talking about how fast they grow, which isn't getting changed at all.

5+ Year Old Account
    "Item (or ilvl) squish" is not the answer to OP. For starters, it only applies to old (i.e. irrelevant) content, not to B4A. And secondly, it means nothing as far as B4A is concerned. For all we know, B4A could have a 500 ilvl jump...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Particularly that it won't in any way affect the issue the OP is talking about.

He's not talking about big numbers. He's talking about how fast they grow, which isn't getting changed at all.
    Because it's the way blizz wants it. They want you to feel more powerful each raid "tier". They want to limit people using old items as much as they possibly can. They want power jumps between "tiers".

So to answer the OP, no Blizzard is not doing anything about it because it's the way Blizzard wants to do it, and honestly, I agree with them. 1-2% increases in dps between raids is not fun.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-12-09 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marren17 View Post
    They're doing an item level squish in BfA. When you start questing in Kul Tiras/Zandalar, you'll be getting ilvl 180-190 gear from questing.

However, we all know that the devs have a boner for ridiculous power creeps, so we'll all probably be rocking ilvl 500 by the end of the expansion.

Edit: Found this. http://www.wowhead.com/news=275408/b...nd-stat-squish

930 in Legion = 265 in BfA, 970 = 305, 1000 = 335. So yeah, we'll definitely be back up to 500-600 by the end of BfA.
    So probably a bit higher than Cata dps probably.

Looks like we'll likely just be getting squishes every 2 expacs. Maybe they will combine normal and heroic raids in 9.0 and they can stretch it out to a squish every 3 expacs or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because it's the way blizz wants it. They want you to feel more powerful each raid "tier". They want to limit people using old items as much as they possibly can. They want power jumps between "tiers".

So to answer the OP, no Blizzard is not doing anything about it because it's the way Blizzard wants to do it, and honestly, I agree with them. 1-2% increases in dps between raids is not fun.
    Pretty much this. They've said in the past that the 15 ilvls per difficulty that they've settled on feels the correct increase in power jump.

Also, think about what they've done in past expansions. They would nerf each tier (as a whole, not tweaking certain bosses) to make fights progressively easier. If they were to slow the ilvl progression, I pretty much guarantee you that they'd bring those back (probably the ICC version, with an X% buff/nerf every Y weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    LOL, but I don't care about the numbers at all, I care about the fact that we start the expansion doing 350k dps and end it with doing 2.5 mil dps, where it should be like start at 350k and end with 600k. Idk, maybe Blizzard likes extreme power creep.
    Let's think about what that means. So you level up and are a fresh 110, at 350k DPS. Last tier, fully geared, you do 600k DPS. Think about how many stages there are between that EVEN DISCOUNTING multiple difficulties of everything:

350.0k Greens
    402.5k Dungeons
    462.9k Tier 1
    532.3k Tier 2
    612.2k Tier 3

That's with an increase of 15% DPS each time. 15% is like the difference between difficulties currently. Is that really enough of a power increase?

Now we split that up with difficulties too (cause those aren't going away, as much as some people might want them to).

350.0k Greens
    .......... Normal Dungeons
    .......... Heroic Dungeons
    .......... LFR/Mythic Dungeons Tier 1
    402.5k Normal Tier 1
    .......... Heroic Tier 1 / LFR/Mythic Dungeons Tier 2 / M+ Tier 1 cap
    462.9k Mythic Tier 1 / Normal Tier 2
    .......... Heroic Tier 2 / LFR/Mythic Dungeons Tier 1 / M+ Tier 2 cap
    532.3k Mythic Tier 2 / Normal Tier 3
    .......... Heroic Tier 3 / M+ Tier 3 cap
    612.2k Mythic Tier 3

So you're looking at more like an 7.5-8% increase between difficulties (less if you redistribute based on all the dungeons at the top, which I believe would more match the current expansion). It's simply not enough at that point to make much of a difference.

I think stat squish isn't the solution, and Ilvls alone aren't the problem.
    The problem lies in huge power and stats creep (stats don't scale linearly with ilvl), with characters increasing their stats way too much over the course of an expansion. The result of this is also having mobs' stats scale with player's ilvl, because Blizzard cannot properly balance the PVE content around so wide stat ranges.

So sure, they will squish legion stats, but in the next expansion we will have the same situation.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Actually what was posted is very reasonable. A jump of only about 130 ilvls from early Herioic Dungeons to the final Mythic Raid tier is pretty much in league with how TBC was I think with Kara to Sunwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    We went from TF cap @850 pre EN to capped at 980 in antorus.
    So a 130 il jump in legion, too.
    We went from 800 item level dungeon gear to 985 raid gear. In BC we went from 100 level dungeon gear to 164 SWP gear. A rather large difference. Even more so when you factor that SWP gear would carry over and last into the first raid tier of the next expansion and now they inflate item levels between final raids to the next set in the following expansion to stop that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that Blizzard needs to stop jumping so many ilvls in an expansion. Archimonde mythic dropped 735 items, and now Argus mythic is dropped 970 items. There is no need to jump 250 ilvls in one expansion.