View Poll Results: Do you see Blizzard implementing the WoW Token into Classic?

Voters
286. This poll is closed
  • Yes, totally see them doing this.

69 24.13%
  • No, then it wouldn't be Vanilla.

189 66.08%
  • That's a tough one...

28 9.79%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Who thinks Blizz is not doin this is delusional, in my opinion. (It will not be there when the servers launch)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibylline View Post
    No one cares for stupid people getting scammed, that's their fault for trying to cheat. It's a good thing because it's one of the reasons people don't buy gold from chinese farmers, but would buy gold from blizzard.

Gold sellers can be banned, just like cheaters and hackers and everything else. Just because some (even many) of them get away with it that doesn't mean that it should become an official blizzard-supported feature. I am fully against anything pay to win, even though people seem to have changed their mentality and got accustomed to it over time for some reason. You have to pay to get access to the game, that's fine. Everything from then out you're on your own, no amount of irl moneys should help you. You can pay people to boost you or buy gold from chinese farmers, but that's an organic thing that's you have to organize on your own and comes with its own risks, not something official where you throw your money at a website and convert it into in-game currency.

I have nothing against people buying game time with gold, that's fine as a gold sink. The whole problem comes from people making in-game currency from irl money.
    you sound like an angry old man who got scammed when you were younger and want to prove yourself to the world.

But nah the wow token for sure is a good thing, it makes something that risks players getting scammed and banned for, and makes it first party, removing bans, and scams.

next thing your gunna tell me is that you are against the legal sale of marijuana?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    I hope not, since it would be an absolute deal-breaker for me. Unfortunately I think there is a good chance that today's Blizzard will put profiting ahead of everything else.
    or the safety and convenience of its players?
    you do know the wow token system HELPS the player base right? allowing those who have spare time but not spare cash to earn money playing the game to buy their sub/other such stuff. Also it stops people from risking third party sites, that could scam, hack, or get you banned, or all three.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are to do what I believe, then yes and no. You wouldn't be able to obtain it on the classic servers because the value would be more skewered but payment and obtaining them on live will be paying for both game versions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you sound like an angry old man who got scammed when you were younger and want to prove yourself to the world.

But nah the wow token for sure is a good thing, it makes something that risks players getting scammed and banned for, and makes it first party, removing bans, and scams.

next thing your gunna tell me is that you are against the legal sale of marijuana?
    I have never tried to buy gold. Edit: just realized you weren't implying that but w/e

Yea men wow token is a good thing, less people getting banned is better right? Why not let poeple cheat and bot and do all the exploits in the game without consequence. That'll mean even less people get banned.

next thing ur gonna tell me is ur against complete anarchy or sum sheit ? ? Why is rape illegal if some people still rape? wtf men?

I don't mind seeing some QoL changes, I don't mind bugs being fixed, I don't mind some tuning being done,

but Tokens need to stay out of classic, if they get implemented we'll see a boom in Classic prices,

you do know the wow token system HELPS the player base right? allowing those who have spare time but not spare cash to earn money playing the game to buy their sub/other such stuff. Also it stops people from risking third party sites, that could scam, hack, or get you banned, or all three.
    I threw out safety and conveniences when I signed up for Vanilla I guess. I just don't want a way to buy gold legally. I want it to be wrong, and be punished if people are caught doing it because I think with legalizing selling gold through the WoW token in Classic would have repercussions to the core values Classic stands to offer.

Just my thoughts though. I just don't want it, and rather have the pain and crap that comes without having it so we don't lose that critical part of golds importance to Vanilla (and in turn what Classic hopes to capture).

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I don't mind seeing some QoL changes, I don't mind bugs being fixed, I don't mind some tuning being done,

but Tokens need to stay out of classic, if they get implemented we'll see a boom in Classic prices,
    The only way it can work is if Blizzard makes Classic part of the standard WoW subscription. Then if you buy a token on the modern server you automatically get access to the Classic server but it shouldn't be possible to transfer gold to the Classic server. Otherwise it defeats the point of a vanilla server. Sure there were gold sellers in vanilla but it was a bannable offense and I saw people being suspended or banned for buying gold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, in EU token costs more than what was the cap in vanilla, I don't think so...

Deleted
    Putting in the token does absolutely nothing to make me safer, but it does completely trivialize the economy of the game, which in turn makes the whole game completely uninteresting to me. I have no interest in games where you can substitute money for time/effort/skill. And the people that cheat by buying gold from gold-sellers should be ripped off, hacked, scammed and banned—it makes it less attractive to try to cheat.

The main argument for people pro-WoW token seems to be "well you have chinese gold farmers, might as well have Blizzard do it instead". What a sound logical argument.
    You do realize what that entails, right? "Well people can buy and sell drugs anyway, might as well make it legal", or "People get murdered anyway, why not make it legal if it doesn't stop literally everyone from getting murdered?" . "Why have laws if some people break them?"
    This is the most absurd moot point that keeps getting parroted.
    You act like legalizing drugs isnt a public debate basicly everyhwere right now and the only people against it are people, who have misconceptions about what actually happens when they get legalized (Mostly about "OMG we are all going to start taking drugs!").
    Clearly there are some things that change for the better, when you allow to sell them in a state regulated market (alcohol other drugs) and some things that get worse (like your example of murdering people). The question is: are WoW subscritpions more like drugs or more like killing people.

I would argue that the positive effects (getting rid of most of the gold seller spam, incentives to mass hack accounts for gold and professional farm bots) outweighs the effect on the ingame economy this might or might not have. But Im not sure what the data on this one says. Maybe there really was a gigantic increase in people buying gold, when the token was released on retail, and suffering through "BUY GOLD CHEAP !!1" is the better solution here. Seems like something Blizzard should look at before deciding this.
    (I do agree with what other people said, though. Makes a lot of sense to wait and see what the buisness model will be like, before discussing this.)
    Last edited by owbu; 2017-12-10 at 12:14 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

5+ Year Old Account
    Sure, only if i get that NA 170k gold for $25 !
    There's all the mount costs for 1000+ alts done and dusted!

Lol i don't see them doing this, no need to threat. They're listening to the community too much for that to happen :P

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    Sure, only if i get that NA 170k gold for $25 !
    There's all the mount costs for 1000+ alts done and dusted!

Lol i don't see them doing this, no need to threat. They're listening to the community too much for that to happen :P
    I really hope so man.

In Vanilla gold = progression

Tokens = pay to win

I think it'll be free with a subscription to retail

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    You act like legalizing drugs isnt a public debate basicly everyhwere right now and the only people against it are people, who have misconceptions about what actually happens when they get legalized (Mostly about "OMG we are all going to start taking drugs!").
    Clearly there are some things that change for the better, when you allow to sell them in a state regulated market (alcohol other drugs) and some things that get worse (like your example of murdering people). The question is: are WoW subscritpions more like drugs or more like killing people.

I would argue that the positive effects (getting rid of most of the gold seller spam, incentives to mass hack accounts for gold and professional farm bots) outweighs the effect on the ingame economy this might or might not have. But Im not sure what the data on this one says. Maybe there really was a gigantic increase in people buying gold, when the token was released on retail, and suffering through "BUY GOLD CHEAP !!1" is the better solution here. Seems like something Blizzard should look at before deciding this.
    (I do agree with what other people said, though. Makes a lot of sense to wait and see what the buisness model will be like, before discussing this.)
    Drugs have nowhere near the impact on the society as a whole or other people in general compared to buying gold in WoW.

Unrelated to buying gold, but I am against selling drugs in general, but buying them should be fine. Problem is that when you're caught with drugs by the police they have no way of knowing if you intend to use the drugs or sell them. Therefore it's easier and more consistent to have both illegal.

When it comes to wow gold for irl money, there's no real world analogy to compare it to. You can't convert some other currency that doesn't exist in this world into dollars.

It won't be the proper vanilla experience without the Chinese gold farmers

Comparing incomparable is a logical fallacy. We're not talking about IRL issues here. We're not discussing drugs legalization. We're discussing how legalized gold selling would affect the economy of a classic server.

Buying and purchasing gold was a bannable offense in vanilla. Not sure what else is there to discuss.

How was it "blizzard way of giving up" if they gave up they would have made all gold selling legal. Instead they worked hard on making and inserting their own system.
    that is EVERYTHING but giving up, they decided "nah fuck it, we are going to make our own system, with blackjack and hookers"
    They gave up in the sense that one of their founding principles when they actually cared about the game was that it shouldn't be pay to win. They clearly stopped caring later on with character boosts and other things that aren't just aesthetic being introduced. The cash shop was a mistake from the very start and it was obvious that it would've come down to this, just like everything else that has gone downhill in nu-WoW. Captain hindsight yea whatever; people were dismissing everything back then, and some of them still are.

7+ Year Old Account
    They almost definitely will, can’t really see them not doing it.

Although I don’t think think they should, and I’ve never bought a token with money.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    Account-wide isn't across different clients of the game which I can't imagine Classic won't be.

I don't think you'll be seeing "Classic servers" inside of the actually retail game that are just 60 only. I think you will have separate games. WoW, and Classic WoW.
    No chance. You'll pay for a subscription; the subscription will give you access to WoW: BfA and WoW: Classic, and the only caveat will be that you have to purchase a license from Blizzard to access the Classic realms, i.e. a box sale.