Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why are racials so useless

Never have i seen something as useless as this
    Gonna Explain to you why
    Give or take for example, the Troll regen ability, it is whatlike FIFTEEN HP PER SECOND?! Thats not even going to help when fighting something Level 80
    You then have Things like flat 1%'s
    Up there I understand that you cant have racials that are too powerful because that would break game Balance but come on

Never ever would I think that having 10% reduction to shadow damage would make one class more or less viable
    Gonna see at the goblin rocket barrage for example. It deals like 2K damage at Level 110? What is that? All classes can use it, buffing it wouldnt do anything
    Lets then talk about a races that have overpowered racials. HIgh mountain tauren and Humans. Human With their pvp trinket. Compare that to Escape artist
    You probably laughing now because Escape artist sucks ass. And high mountain tauren gets ONE PERCENT VERSATILITY. Thats 1% better at EVERYTHING
    Down road you will see that Highmountain tauren will be 1% better than every other race.

Crap aside though, It would really be Nice to have some more significant bonuses for racials. I mean every alliance pvp'er is pretty much a human thanks to their racial so I dont understand what would be as so bad giving goblins a 50% reduced auction house cut, giving lightforged more than ONE PERCENT OF RESITANCE TO HOLY DAMAGE, TELL ME WHAT CLASSES ASIDE FROM PRIEST AND PALADINS USE HOLY DAMAGE!!??!??! The Pandaren Food buff that doubles the benefits, now THATS a real racial. Not the 1% Garbage or the 1% regenerate hp or the horrible undead leech or the 1% bonus Resource pool that gnomes get. Blizzard pls
    An'u belore delen'na

Because if they were good, then people would feel forced to consider power over visuals. And in a game about making your own character, turns out people care more about looks than mechanics, no matter how 'fun' the racial is. If everyone was more about gameplay-fun-racials, we'd see a lot more players as Goblins jumping around spamming Rocket Jump, yet here we are, with an absurd amount of the population playing Blood Elves because they're prettier.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    [...] population playing Blood Elves because they're prettier.
    Or 'cause Arcane Torrent. AOE Interrupt and 3sec Silence + Ressource gain.

Signature by Aryiana

Because people used to pick races based on stats and traits, and then Blizzard overcompensated.

Bouncy is pretty fun tbh, especially on a rogue.

Plus epicurean has always been good in PvE *shrugs*.

It would be cool if they balanced racials, but everyone knows that won't happen, -especially- with Allied races fucking everything up. (HM Tauren racial just roflmao. VE too, but just comparing HM tauren racial to regular tauren racial is sad.)
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

They should be disabled in raids/dungeons/bgs/arena because some of them are way too powerful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Things are shit, because when theres a good racial people feel forced to be a race they maybe dont enjoy for various reasons (member trolls in ToT, i member, mon).

an absurd amount of the population playing Blood Elves because they're prettier.
    I play belf solely for arcane torrent,my DK used to be an undead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    it is whatlike FIFTEEN HP PER SECOND?!
    You seem quite angry over some meaningless videogame abilities.
    Point me to your youtube channel where you smash your room because of this, I need a laugh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ummm the human racial every man for him/herself got nerfd it doesnt break every loss of control character no more so yeah you cant say human is OP.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Ummm the human racial every man for him/herself got nerfd it doesnt break every loss of control character no more so yeah you cant say human is OP.
    But it breaks stuns now, the most common cc in pvp. So alot of people will still roll human for the racial.

Oh FFS...you handpicked the worst racials of those classes, the goblins have +1% haste and the rocket can be used as a jump.
    Trolls have slow duration reduced as well as an active skill that increases haste by 15% for 10 sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss min maxing, especially with proffs. Oh well. They all could do with a tweak here and there, but each one is situational. There isn't a clear benefit really if you think about it. You pick the class, with the racial which you will benefit the most in your style of game play.

Or just don't worry about it.

Deleted
    Because this is a community that calls the game broken when there's a 1% dps difference between classes. Any actually-useful racials would unleash a tide of whining like no other... hell, people already won't shut up about arcane torrent and the human racial

Because at one point they made a huge difference and people would only choose THAT RACE for a particular class/role.

For example: Tauren used to have a 10% increase to their max health. This scaled with gear, so the more gear they got...the bigger that bonus really was meaning Tauren were hands down the BEST tanks in the entire game. So they had to reduce it to be 10% increased BASE health. Now horde have variety in their tanks, they aren't just all Tauren anymore.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Disabling racials in BG's, Arena's, Dungeons and Raids might help significantly, then they can have OP racials for anything world based because it doesnt matter. Means we dont have to nerf anything fun or useful.
    Yes, remove them from anything remotely relevant content wise. That would be 'fun.'

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    Or 'cause Arcane Torrent. AOE Interrupt and 3sec Silence + Ressource gain.
    that free extra interrupt is no joke. You know how many wipes were saved because of that thing catching a boss interrupt at the last min, while everyones was on CD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Crap aside though, It would really be Nice to have some more significant bonuses for racials.
    If they buff racials, then the Horde would risk winning at PVP. That absolutely cannot happen, Alliance must have 90% win and 90% arena representation because of EFMH, don't you know
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

yet here we are, with an absurd amount of the population playing Blood Elves because they're prettier.
    I don't have many Blood Elves because I'll still choose a race that's .000000000000001% stronger but when I do choose BE it's because my gear looks great lol.

Because if they were good, then people would feel forced to consider power over visuals.
    Yep, you buff the racials and I'll have to pull out my visa for some race changes
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Because if they were good then the forum community with cry like a little bitch like it does about everything.

"Why are Blizzard FORCING me to play a tauren druid to get a 0.05% dmg increase when I want to play a troooolll druid"