Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Man fatally shot by police officer begged for life

A witness and a transcription of officer video footage describe Daniel Shaver saying “Please don’t shoot me” and “Please don’t shoot,” just before an officer later identified as Philip "Mitch" Brailsford fired his service weapon.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...life/82393582/

So can we call a bad cop a bad cop yet? Or is calling one bad cop out still a slander against ALL of them?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    I looked a little more into this case, he shot the victim 5 times, killing him instantly with a AR-15 which he personally inscribed "You're Fucked" on the gun.

What's even worse is now he is being offered a plea deal of negligent homicide, which carries a minimum sentence of probation, a judicial “get out of jail, free” card.

The widow of the victim also posted this on her facebook, her attorney has seen the body cam footage that hasn't been released publicly yet.

"I was told Daniel’s hand never even touched his side or waistband. They said that while he was up on his knees with his hands above his head that he went to all four and it appeared that he could have lost balance. His right arm brushed beside his body. The officer shot him five times and Daniel fell forward and died instantly. Daniel had a few drinks with the two guests he was eating pizza with in his room, who were co-workers there for a conference."

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...-for-his-life/

10+ Year Old Account
    You can call a bad cop a bad cop. Just like you can say a black person is a thief. Just like you can say that a white person is a mass murderer.

Calling one bad cop bad isn't bad or wrong, it is when idiots and retards come flocking to the forum screaming "all pigs are bad" or "this is why I don't trust pigs". They use an example like this to paint them all bad which is a flat out lie. There are bad cops out there, anyone with half a brain can realize that. At the same time anyone who isn't mentally challenged SHOULD realize that not all cops are bad and the vast majority of them can be trusted.

This one specific cop apparently seems to be a dick, he should be punished accordingly. No mercy for bad cops. (Didn't read the article just going on what you posted).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    A witness and a transcription of officer video footage describe Daniel Shaver saying “Please don’t shoot me” and “Please don’t shoot,” just before an officer later identified as Philip "Mitch" Brailsford fired his service weapon.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...life/82393582/

So can we call a bad cop a bad cop yet? Or is calling one bad cop out still a slander against ALL of them?
    Considering there is actual evidence in this case... Unlike most other threads here about "bad cops" that are based on literally nothing but speculation and click bait articles.

The prosecutor said this cop was wearing a body cam and clearly used excessive force that resulted in a loss of life. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    You can call a bad cop a bad cop. Just like you can say a black person is a thief. Just like you can say that a white person is a mass murderer.

Calling one bad cop bad isn't bad or wrong, it is when idiots and retards come flocking to the forum screaming "all pigs are bad" or "this is why I don't trust pigs". They use an example like this to paint them all bad which is a flat out lie. There are bad cops out there, anyone with half a brain can realize that. At the same time anyone who isn't mentally challenged SHOULD realize that not all cops are bad and the vast majority of them can be trusted.

This one specific cop apparently seems to be a dick, he should be punished accordingly. No mercy for bad cops. (Didn't read the article just going on what you posted).
    The problem with this is that cops who aren't bad are the only people in the world in a position of being able to do something about the bad ones but don't. They're silently admitting their approval of their psychotic brethren by virtue of allowing it to continue.

OT: This cop should be crucified as a warning to the rest.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

15+ Year Old Account

This one specific cop apparently seems to be a dick.
    indeed, killing a innocent man and leaving a woman without a husband and two young children without a father is a real dick move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brailsford has been charged with second-degree murder and was terminated from the Police Department.
    Well it looks like this was taken care of appropriately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    You sure?

"However, now he is being offered a plea deal of negligent homicide, which carries a minimum sentence of probation, a judicial “get out of jail, free” card that he would be stupid not to accept, according to Shaver’s wife, Laney Sweet, who is posting information on a Facebook page she created in support of her husband."

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    problem is that they weren't doing that, they were getting up in arms and destroying neighborhoods and shooting at random police and antagonizing officers that had nothing to do with the incident.

I have to side with the police officer on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Except for the "is being offered a plea bargain that would result in him walking off all but scot-free" part.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Where are the death penalty advocates when you need 'em? Shouldn't this cop be put on Death Row like anyone else?

10+ Year Old Account

You're absolutely right. I bet like 90%+ of police are fine people, and do fine jobs. The problem is that police are supposed to be the ones protecting people and upholding the law. When a cop "goes bad", it hits harder in the trust department because people had so much trust in them in the first place.

It's like people that get bit by dogs. I have a cousin this happened to. She got bit by a dog that a person was walking (she was a teen at the time) and now in her adulthood she won't go anywhere near dogs, leash or not.

It may be slightly irrational, but I think it's completely justified.

All of that said, the people that say "All cops are bad" are idiots.

ON TOPIC: The cop in this article is scum and should spend his life in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dixon View Post
    You sure?

"However, now he is being offered a plea deal of negligent homicide, which carries a minimum sentence of probation, a judicial “get out of jail, free” card that he would be stupid not to accept, according to Shaver’s wife, Laney Sweet, who is posting information on a Facebook page she created in support of her husband."
    Lol didn't read that part.

It doesn't matter what the criminal says, it matters what their actions are. He was told he would be shot if he put his hands behind his back again, he didn't listen.

My biased and prejudice opinions should come first because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It doesn't matter what the criminal says, it matters what their actions are. He was told he would be shot if he put his hands behind his back again, he didn't listen.
    What crime did he commit exactly?

15+ Year Old Account
    "The Mesa police officers were barking all kinds of orders; each one with a different demand, telling him to get down on his hands and knees and crawl towards them, to place his hands over his head, to sit on the floor and cross his legs in front of him.

The traveling businessman was trying to comply, but he was confused by their contradictory demands. The fact that he had been drinking with friends that evening did not help."

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    What crime did he commit exactly?
    People reported seeing someone brandishing a firearm in that hotel room.

People reported seeing someone brandishing a firearm in that hotel room.
    Something something 2nd amendment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?