Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lul pugging in 2005.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well I've just decided that M+ score is fucking worthless. It doesn't do shit. I listed my 14 CoS this morning figuring I'd up it before running the higher ones with guildies tonight... Put together a group with people rated at 1500ish. We get there, flask up, ready check, start the key and... The healer and one DPS, both with high scores just leave the group with "hahah suckers" and various other abuse...

So yeah how about a high score being about filtering out the bads and assholes...

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Boosting m+15 cost about 100k, which means someone with millions of gold can buy a boost each week and at some point have high score,i guess in the sad child's eyes that says "LFM m+15 2k+ score checking wowprogress" someone who buys a boost and stands at the entrance is better than someone who has low score but plays his class.
    I don't know, but I would guess that players with lots of (WoD)-millions of gold don't buy boosting every week, since they don't play the gaming content in pve.
    The sad part is, if someone really bought m+15 every week, for months, they probably got enough ilvl to survive most things you should avoid in m+ with a class like a warlock or some other beginners friendly class.

Could you even distinguish a boosted affiction warlock from a non boosted in m+?
    I for sure I could not.
    -

I have no issue with players who use scores or whatnot if that works for them. Personally, I prefer running M+ with players I know and have seen in action. Teamwork and coordination can often trump individual skill. Having a group that communicates, doesn't panic, and is solution-oriented to challenges makes M+ fun rather than painful.

I run with a regular group of friends every Friday. I have no idea what my score is, but those who've run with me keep inviting me back, so this approach works for me. Occasionally we have to pug someone. If they work out, we add them to friends and I set a note "Nice guy, good M+ dps" or something like that.

But those of you who have worked for high scores - kudos. The beauty of Group Finder is being able to find others who enjoy playing the game the same way you do. I see absolutely no reason for anyone to object to players with similar mindsets wanting to group with each other and run content together.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I don't give a damn about the Mythic+ Score, as there are some dungeons I hate to the point I'll never set a foot in them. So yeah, I haven't done all dungeons in +15. But the fact I've already done, for example, a MoS+15 should be enough to tag in a MoS+15, why do you even care about my performance in Halls of Valor or Black Rook Hold in this case ?

Mythic Score is the stupidest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    The example I gave you is not a guild that does splits, moreover every person that clears heroic on a weekly basis has close to 0 incentive to spam M+. Reason for that is set bonuses for most classes are just too powerful to care for some random shitty chest piece that drops in X M+ dungeon, combine that with boots/rings/belts or whatever slots for Legendaries. The fact that you don't know this as a fact is enough to tell me of your "real raider" status. At this point M+ is just about inflating your E-peen with "m+ score"

Only reason people spammed M+ was for Legendary fishing and AP grind, however both are now obsolete as most "real raiders" as you call them have their leggos for a long time now, and AP grind has been completely destroyed. Again, sorry If i offended you Mr. Real Raider.
    Some people just like M+. And gearwise, relics for me are still a big incentive if only they would ever drop. Higher chances in raid, sure, but ignoring the bonus rolls you only get to do that 1 time each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    We get it, you are good... you are the best... you are unbeatable... you might be God...

But to me, you are just an elitist who think he is better than the rest and who just make braggy arguments that are all BS.
    Why? Because he set personal goals and worked hard to be good at something, and now wants to group with other players who chose the same approach? Why shouldn't players who are so focused on this activity be allowed to seek each other out and run it together?

Deleted
    I've run multiple M+ and that shit just doesn't update on WoWprogress. M+ score is total bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    I totally agree with you if you going for +17 or higher keys. But for simple +15, simple ilvl 950 melts everything in path.
    Which is why the rogue going ham on bursting will wipe you every time, no matter how much you spam 'STOP DPS'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    Why? Because he set personal goals and worked hard to be good at something, and now wants to group with other players who chose the same approach? Why shouldn't players who are so focused on this activity be allowed to seek each other out and run it together?
    That is fair enough. But to play M+ guru and to give his "insight" here comes off as very elitistic. If he want to run stuff with unrealistic requirements fine, but he make a thread and speaks of M+ like it's all black and white, like there are no exceptions etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Even if english is not your first language they have basic formatting in all languages and this post is painful to read

Regardless, you can't base anything off the score itself really.

A) You only get it if you're on a dead realm or run early in the week because the only tracking is the leaderboard, 100 groups per server (on zul'jin this fills up like tues)

B) It values running all dungeons on lower keys over running certain dungeons on higher keys

Last I heard at least the raider.io addon showed highest key completed of the specific dungeon, so that's a step... somewhere.

And all this over a +15... they're not even hard.
    A.). You get it on every Realm - the score not your ranking matters.
    B.) What? It values everytime you do a higher key.. Ofc you dont get the Same score for running a 15 three times instead of one 18.

Yes they are easy. if you know what mechanics you need to watch. Do 15 Puts with people who have mit done a few 15s yet.... Youll just fail more often than with exp guys... Pugs are for farm content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    You say that, but a high score also doesn't mean fuck all. My guild pugged a resto druid for a DHT +16 last night. He had a M+ score of 2.2k as a healer. And he was fucking BAD. Facepulling like he'd never been in the dungeon. Getting oneshot by survivable mechanics (like the cat leap on first boss). Standing in shit he should move out of. Getting silenced on Xavius because he was constantly running away from me (I was the only ranged DPS). Not blowing a defensive CD on Xavius' channeled beam thing and dying to it, AFTER being brez'd for dying to it once already. We had like 30 deaths and about half of them were him specifically and the rest were us DPS dying because the healer was down (bear druid raid boss for a tank so he was invincible), but if we'd had a little patience and waited half an hour for a guild healer to free up we probably would have gotten 2-3 chests.

Our WW monk actually asked him who he bought his account from, it was so embarrassing.
    Probability son.... You shouldnt take i.e.medicaments, Drive a car either if you think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    That is fair enough. But to play M+ guru and to give his "insight" here comes off as very elitistic. If he want to run stuff with unrealistic requirements fine, but he make a thread and speaks of M+ like it's all black and white, like there are no exceptions etc.
    I believe there are many ways to enjoy this game - serious or silly, uber competitive or cbf casual - and they're all legit because it's a game and intended for entertainment. The problems start when players who want to enjoy it in different ways group together. The Group Finder tool makes it very easy to say "This is who we are and what this group is about." We can all have more fun if we group with people who want to play the same way we do.

Deleted
    You can 2 man 15 keys though? I guess m+ score is relevant if you don't want to feel like you're boosting someone, but even then you should be able to make it pretty easily if you bring a skilled friend.

@OP

what about the ppl with 940-950 gear, playing the game since 5 years +, have a lot of xp, but just played the 10s to get their weekly chest ? they are very good players, but have horrible wowprogress rating. but they would play a 15+ same good as you do. you completely leave aside this ppl with your elitist mentality.

not long ago i talked to the same type of person like u. he said „meh, no sorry, your score is crap“. while i do a 15+ with some mid pug and one chested it (2 of them were a bit crappy) he whispered me „maybe i had better taken you“. after the run and a pizza i asked him what he meant and he told me that 2 times 1 of his glory wowprogress score players left and after that a 2,2k player played like an idiot, because maybe he had a payed score. i laughed my ass off and whished him a nice evening.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-12-13 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    @OP

what about the ppl with 940-950 gear, playing the game since 5 years +, have a lot of xp, but just played the 10s to get their weekly chest ? they are very good players, but have horrible wowprogress rating. but they would play a 15+ same good as you do. you completely leave aside this ppl with your elitist mentality.

not long ago i talked to the same type of person like u. he said „meh, no sorry, your score is crap“. while i do a 15+ with some mid pug and one chested it (2 of them were a bit crappy) he whispered me „maybe i had better taken you“. after the run and a pizza i asked him what he meant and he told me that 2 times 1 of his glory wowprogress score players left and after that a 2,2k player played like an idiot, because maybe hit had a payed score. i laughed my ass of and whished him a nice evening.
    I agree with those saying higher scores improve your chances of getting good players, but agree with you it's no guarantee. That's why ultimately I prefer running with players I've run with before, especially the ones who enjoy hanging out in Discord and are pleasant to visit with. Since we've run successfully in the past, survived each others' derps, and have realistic expectations of what to expect from each other, we never have to worry about rage-quitters or keystone deserters. Sometimes we 3 chest; sometimes we miss timer (1-2 chests are more common), but regardless we will be pleasant to each other and laugh it off and get together again same time next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    B.) What? It values everytime you do a higher key.. Ofc you dont get the Same score for running a 15 three times instead of one 18.

Yes they are easy. if you know what mechanics you need to watch. Do 15 Puts with people who have mit done a few 15s yet.... Youll just fail more often than with exp guys... Pugs are for farm content

- - - Updated - - -

Probability son.... You shouldnt take i.e.medicaments, Drive a car either if you think that way.
    You must not know how the leader boards work, if you only do 15s, and you do them later in the week on a high pop realm, you aren't making the board. No board, no score. Also, someone who did every dungeon on 10 will have a higher score than someone who does 4 specific dungeons on 20. If you're doing one of those four who would you rather have? The guy who did all the 10s will have a better score, but if you look past the other guy over score you're screwing yourself

Deleted
    OP

not long ago i talked to the same type of person like u. he said „meh, no sorry, your score is crap“. while i do a 15+ with some mid pug and one chested it (2 of them were a bit crappy) he whispered me „maybe i had better taken you“. after the run and a pizza i asked him what he meant and he told me that 2 times 1 of his glory wowprogress score players left and after that a 2,2k player played like an idiot, because maybe he had a payed score. i laughed my ass off and whished him a nice evening.
    This is an exception not the rule - for every good 940-950 player who has played for 5 years there are 20-50 bad ones. "dps" who can't even outdps the tanks, tunnel vision people who don't respect the affixes. Melee, who never use their interrupts or stuns. And if your kneejerk reaction is "but tank dps is OP in dungeons" then know that a good dps will never under any conditions lose to a tank while also interrupting/stunning/ccing/slowing and doing the affixes right.

But this isn't even an amazing example. If after over 52 weeks of M+ with at least one dungeon per week this is the worst you've seen, then you've been lucky.

The M+ score isn't there to always get perfect players, it's there to reduce odds of getting truly garbage ones that break your runs and there are plenty of groups that don't even care about it.

Using your example - what data would you use to highlight the type of player that fits your initial description? You could always contact the administration of those metric sites with what type of data could be used to improve the information that people using the wowprogress or raider see and how this information would highlight good casual players like yourself and I'm sure if ingame data can be used to achieve your goal then it would likely be implemented, but understand that any good new metric when unleashed upon the masses will quickly have some sort of requirement tied to it and there will be people who do the work to fit the metric and there will be people who will go on forums and ask for it to be banned/removed. In the end it's not the metric site's job to moderate what the users end up doing with the system and if someone misuses it because he misunderstands it then you're more than likely lucky to not get invited to that group.

There's already the like system on wowprogress, but that requires active participation of the players themselves. It's not like the metric sites don't try to provide pug players with good information, it's more that there's no amazing way to extract good data to get the indications that you're talking about. M+ score is the best system that exists to reduce (not completely negate) the odds of getting baddies even though it's flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    Yeah, but you'll have a better M+ score if you run all dungeons in +12 instead of running only Cathedral of the Eternal Night +35.

That's the problem with this system. The only M+ Score that could/should be taken into account is the M+ Score of the dungeon you're applying too.

That's the same as me linking my Diablo III record rift to show you how skilled I am to apply for a Mythic Raid in WoW. That's unrelated and you won't even take it into account. Why would you take into account the fact that I've successfully done a CoS+16 when we're heading toward a HoV+15 ? That's nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Whats a mythic+ score lawl, I stopped doing mythic+ a long time ago when I had all the legendaries I wanted and with 2 tier sets, 2 legendaries and access to mythic raid gear the cache was 99% vendor trash anyway.

Now with AP being irrelevant and most people having their legendaries already.... the cache is good for the legendary upgrades(which you can get from a +1 key weekly) or pushing 15's for some random high ilvl garbage you can't wear because of 2 tiers, 2 legendaries and OP as fuck trinkets you're wearing since 7.2

Mythic+ is a joke and people who advertise groups with "checking wowprogress" are as sad as the pug raids looking for curve achievements after 1 week.
    I completely agree.
    Tried yesterday before weekly reset to get into just 10+ myth with a 941ilvl and got declined every single time.
    This is so frustrating and annoying.
    At the end I found a group and those guys with 935ilvl did under 1.0mio dps... and wiped 5 times a the first boss.

@OP

So tell me how i can tell they are good players? Sure enough if a player was 8/9 or 9/9 in mythic tos i would also just take him with low score. There are SO many bad players out there, and the risk of getting a bad player is far greater when he has 1,5k score than 2,5k score. There will always be baddies with good scores also, but not as many as with low score, from my experience.