Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Alt bm hunter gear choices

Seems bm gearing is very variable

I'm not getting any incites via raid bots and I'm a tad wary of mr robots recommendations

I am 926 ish have both rings and chest legendaries

Does anyone have any simple gear choice / talent choice / stat choice advice?

Ta in advance if you do

Aiming at normal antorus raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    There are four legendary rings, you might want to specify.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Lol shows I'm pro

The extra talent one and the 5% pet damage one

Will look up correct names when I get home

- - - Updated - - -

I should also have said tyvm for the fast reply

Lol shows I'm pro

The extra talent one and the 5% pet damage one

Will look up correct names when I get home
    Well, it's always a question of what you already have for the slot, but from raw power chest+talent ring is your best combo (unless you lose a set bonus). Just go for the default stomp build with killer cobra.

Deleted
    Well, it's always a question of what you already have for the slot, but from raw power chest+talent ring is your best combo (unless you lose a set bonus). Just go for the default stomp build with killer cobra.
    Ok will give this a shot tyvm

Also...crit or mastery with this build combo
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2017-12-18 at 10:48 AM.

Seems bm gearing is very variable

I'm not getting any incites via raid bots and I'm a tad wary of mr robots recommendations

Does anyone have any simple gear choice / talent choice / stat choice advice?

Ta in advance if you do

Aiming at normal antorus raiding
    Get a different alt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Get a different alt.
    Why? Bm seems fine if a bit dull

Deleted
    Thanks again for info

I need more crit but this is a good start

Why? Bm seems fine if a bit dull
    BM isnt fine. There is nothing fine about it. Even those (like me) who have been playing it all xpac are slowly switching. The spec needs a small single target buff and a huge aoe buff.

Pick a different alt.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2070

BM is 600k dps away from middle of the %*%&* pack.

200k dps away from the 2nd last in the ^*(^*( list.

BM is not fine.
    Last edited by Banard; 2017-12-19 at 03:54 PM.

Deleted
    BM isnt fine. There is nothing fine about it. Even those (like me) who have been playing it all xpac are slowly switching. The spec needs a small single target buff and a huge aoe buff.

Pick a different alt.

BM is not fine.
    It's for alt raiding to help out an old guild...it'll be fine for those purposes.

Mythic progress? I have no way to judge myself but I can believe bm needs a buff or two.

Someone in another thread did link some stuff which seemed to show bm was ok but I really didn't investigate much.

It's for alt raiding to help out an old guild...it'll be fine for those purposes.

Mythic progress? I have no way to judge myself but I can believe bm needs a buff or two.

Someone in another thread did link some stuff which seemed to show bm was ok but I really didn't investigate much.
    BM is not ok. It is NOT ok. IT is not ok. IT IS NOT OK.

We need a buff. And i not talking about buff to put you in middle of the pack i am not talking about a buff to put us above MM, I am not talking about a buff to put us on top of the charts.

We need a buff to put is back in line with the rest of the classes on bottom of the pack. IT IS ALSO GOING TO GET WORST from now to the end of xpac as people gear up more.

My first week things were "fine"....but people are slowly leaving me behind in the dust.

Last night heoric high command....a mage was ranked 93% of mages (not sure what spec) and i was ranked 93% of all BM hunters. THERE WAS 500,000 DPS BETWEEN US. We are not fine.

Want to help out your old guild ...pick another alt.

Pick a different alt.

BM is not fine.
    So serious question...outside of your epeen, and outside of frontier mythic races...why does it matter? Per your own post, you were still able to kill the boss, outcome is relatively the same.
    Last edited by Agallion; 2017-12-20 at 02:58 PM.

We need a buff. And i not talking about buff to put you in middle of the pack i am not talking about a buff to put us above MM, I am not talking about a buff to put us on top of the charts.

We need a buff to put is back in line with the rest of the classes on bottom of the pack. IT IS ALSO GOING TO GET WORST from now to the end of xpac as people gear up more.

My first week things were "fine"....but people are slowly leaving me behind in the dust.

Last night heoric high command....a mage was ranked 93% of mages (not sure what spec) and i was ranked 93% of all BM hunters. THERE WAS 500,000 DPS BETWEEN US. We are not fine.

Dude, you seriously need to chill the fuck out. They aren't saying BM is fine in a general sense of the word as in 'BM is fine in every situation for every single person'. They're saying BM is fine for their purposes, which it is. I play BM, I raid heroic, I'm fine with where BM is for the kind of raiding I'm doing. Am I topping the DPS meters every fight? No, but I'm at least top 5 every attempt and my DPS isn't holding us back so it doesn't matter. At this point, my DPS isn't hurting my group and I hate MM's playstyle with a passion (not to mention my MM artifact is way behind and I have barely any MM legendaries) so I'm sticking with BM for now. If I was raiding Mythic then maybe I'd switch (that said, Rogerbrown killed M Argus as BM so it must have some uses, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Dude, you seriously need to chill the fuck out. They aren't saying BM is fine in a general sense of the word as in 'BM is fine in every situation for every single person'. They're saying BM is fine for their purposes, which it is. I play BM, I raid heroic, I'm fine with where BM is for the kind of raiding I'm doing. Am I topping the DPS meters every fight? No, but I'm at least top 5 every attempt and my DPS isn't holding us back so it doesn't matter. At this point, my DPS isn't hurting my group and I hate MM's playstyle with a passion (not to mention my MM artifact is way behind and I have barely any MM legendaries) so I'm sticking with BM for now. If I was raiding Mythic then maybe I'd switch (that said, Rogerbrown killed M Argus as BM so it must have some uses, at least).
    BM is not fine. There is no chilling out, facts are facts. We arn't scaling and our AOE needs a buff ASAP. I don't care what is going on in your heroic sandbox. In general there is a quite a percentages of BM hunters that have switched to MM because of the increase in the gap between MM and BM.

This gap is going to continue to increase as BM scaling is horrible. Our aoe is beyond useless. When your 200k behind the 2nd last place and 500k away from middle of the pack...then there is a issue. A huge issue.

You said it in your comment "not to mention my MM artifact is way behind and I have barely any MM legendaries" and are 100% correct. The way the game is design in legion, there is no excuse for this. We need a buff and we need it now.

Not talking about a huge buff but a significant buff to put BM back in the range of MM as it was earlier in this xpac. We should not have to use "old" tier as a crutch to be "meh".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    and outside of frontier mythic races...why does it matter? Per your own post, you were still able to kill the boss, outcome is relatively the same.
    There is a difference between being part of the team and being a carry. BM is on the carry list for to many bosses in Argus.

When 2 players on the same team gets 93% ranking on the same fight and are 500,000k dps apart...then there is a issue. A huge issue.

BM is not fine. There is no chilling out, facts are facts. We arn't scaling and our AOE needs a buff ASAP. I don't care what is going on in your heroic sandbox. In general there is a quite a percentages of BM hunters that have switched to MM because of the increase in the gap between MM and BM.

This gap is going to continue to increase as BM scaling is horrible. Our aoe is beyond useless. When your 200k behind the 2nd last place and 500k away from middle of the pack...then there is a issue. A huge issue.

You said it in your comment "not to mention my MM artifact is way behind and I have barely any MM legendaries" and are 100% correct. The way the game is design in legion, there is no excuse for this. We need a buff and we need it now.

Not talking about a huge buff but a significant buff to put BM back in the range of MM as it was earlier in this xpac. We should not have to use "old" tier as a crutch to be "meh".

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference between being part of the team and being a carry. BM is on the carry list for to many bosses in Argus.

When 2 players on the same team gets 93% ranking on the same fight and are 500,000k dps apart...then there is a issue. A huge issue.
    Sorry at no point in argus level content are you a carry doing 500k dps less than someone else who is likely higher up on your damage dealt. Please detail for everyone what the issue is exactly, right now it looks like youre going with the epeen.
    Last edited by Agallion; 2017-12-20 at 04:20 PM.

BM is definitely ok to raid with and do mythic plus dingeons. Just don’t expect to de top dps. If you have a competitve natire and you want to beat the other dps on your team, then BM is not for you. There are plenty of other easy to play classes that consistently outnperform BM. I have a few orange parses and get destroyed by our locks, boomkin, and even frost dks. All of those specs are just as easy to play. I just uave too much invested into my hinter to switch.

I pesonally like to use the chest and belt legendaries for single target and belt and prydaz for aoe. These work best for me dps wise.
    I use t20 since t21 is not very good. I prioritize crit to 40% and then go haste. I also take killer conra as last talent becuase this givea me more to do during beasteal wrath and is oberall less boring to play. The dps isnt terrible but it isnt great.

Hope this helps!

Didn't Rogerbrown play BM for their mythic Argus kill? He was doing something like 2.4M DPS which I think was in the top 5. How can you say BM is not okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    BM is okay for single-target. The moment adds show up, it's far and away the worst. And it's not like it's anywhere near the best for single-target to "make up for" having such a massive weakness. BM doesn't really need a buff for single-target (it's middle of the pack or so) but it does need a buff for AoE/cleave so as not to be laughably bad.

That said, single-target damage is more important than AoE/cleave (at least for raiding), so it isn't like the spec is currently broken except for fights that are predominantly AoE (like Eonar) which are rare.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Didn't Rogerbrown play BM for their mythic Argus kill? He was doing something like 2.4M DPS which I think was in the top 5. How can you say BM is not okay?
    18,904 parses screams IT IS NOT ^&*^*(^*(^( OK.

But given your example....wonder what he played on the first M Aggamar kill? Let's use that as an example..... or better yes the 2nd kill? or ^(^(* look up his profile...i see a issue dont you?

All hunters specs need buff....BM a wee bit more (not saying huge buff 2-3%) but BM AOE NEEDS A HUGE INCREASE. We aren't even on the same page. Any hunter rolling BM on some of those fights is a pure carry.

I'll break it down for you:

This is "fine"..
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2082
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2076
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2074
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2088

..even

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2069
    maybe last two (very small parse sample)

THIS IS NOT FINE:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2075
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2064
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2073

^ we are pure carry on these fights. Dont get me wrong some classes are OP...but when we are 200K+ dps away from the 2nd last spec....then everything is not fine. FURTHER...UNLIKE EVERY OTHER VERSION OF WOW we cannot switch back and fourth between 2 specs without a shit load of work. And i mean work. Cause grinding AP, gearing multiple gear sets is &*(^*(*( work. Some people like that..that why they rolled a NON HUNTER.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    BM is okay for single-target.
    This really isn't true. Take a pure single target fight like Varimathras in Heroic and check out the logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=99

I took this at 99% to really show higher-skilled players. There's BM sitting at second to last, and this is even a fight where there is some movement, albeit the movement is very consistent and can be planned around, but still. This is a fight BM should be good at, but we're just plain outclassed.

BM has no niche, nothing that it does better than other classes. We need a buff badly.