Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The ban is including those times. So, in this case, no you can't.
    No it doesn't... If you're waiting for a bus you're not in school. Same if you're early

Hmf...a school should be one massive Faraday cage.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Cyberbullying" *shakes head* Is this generation really that stupid/addicted they can't just turn their phones off or quit social media all together? Christ, people have no self control. I weep for the future.

The truth - https://twitter.com/tylerthecreator/...307712?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Good you don't need a phone during school hours... Especially now when kids can basically just use Google on their phone to do schoolwork

- - - Updated - - -

Those were banned during lessons too

During lessons not break time.

Deleted
    It's a ban of using them IN the school at all. It doesn't specify during school hours.
    And you're not in school waiting for your bus... Nobody sat in school waiting

Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    "Cyberbullying" *shakes head* Is this generation really that stupid/addicted they can't just turn their phones off or quit social media all together? Christ, people have no self control. I weep for the future.

It isn't about being stupid or addicted. It is about being forced to choose between being a part of the same social space as your peers and receiving endless inescapable abuse, or ostracizing yourself from the social space and receiving intermittent abuse, in addition to mockery for not being in the social space in the first place, on top of not having any of the benefits that your peers derive from the social space.

It isn't fair to children to tell them that they don't get to go on facebook like all their friends because some asshat has made it their personal mission to humiliate them at every opportunity. That is punishing the victim for the offenses of the bully. Maybe ban the bullies from Facebook instead.

Of course, if the parents of bullies would actually step up and be decent parents, this would all go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post

Turning your phone off isn't going to stop people slagging you off during school and erase the bullying

And you're not in school waiting for your bus... Nobody sat in school waiting
    I didn't take the bus, I had to be driven in by my mother before school. I regularly sat in the cafeteria for over an hour before classes started each morning. I had classmates who took the bus and still sat for half an hour or more before homeroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Authoritarianism is a disease.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    During lessons not break time.
    My High School days involved a 60min break, 15m at 10:45 and 45m at 12:30. I don't really see an issue if students don't have their phone then either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Youre not proving a point at all though.

Comparing a school fire to drug dealer?
    I am making the case that if you want to you can justify anything by using an extreme situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turning your phone off isn't going to stop people slagging you off during school and erase the bullying
    Bullying =/= Cyberbullying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I didn't take the bus, I had to be driven in by my mother before school. I regularly sat in the cafeteria for over an hour before classes started each morning. I had classmates who took the bus and still sat for half an hour or more before homeroom.
    Didn't happen here, people waited outside school

Deleted
    Typically my school didn't allow phones to be used outside either in the bus waiting area. Soo

And some school's have their waiting area inside. Some schools are places where it gets either cold or hot as balls as well so most people prefer to wait inside.
    Again here the bus waiting area is outside school and if it was cold people just went to shops or cafes

I fail to see why they should be banned during lunch/breaks. It does, however, look like failure if you can't enforce appropriate punishments for using them during lessons...
    P.S.
    Mobile phones, same as internet, have become a daily tool, a basic comodity. At some point you can't just ban things because that is easier.

Here, if they catch you looking at your phone or it rings in class they take your phone away. You can get it back at the end of the day.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

As someone who grew up in the perfect window to see everyone go from not having a cell to everyone in school having one I'll just go ahead and say this is pointless. My highschool "banned" them and do you know what that actually meant? It wasn't that nobody used their phone. It was that you just tried not to get caught. You'd have far more luck by allowing phone usage and giving teachers the freedom to tell people when to put them away. That's a lot easier to swallow as a kid than "you simply can't use this ever" which leads to people just attempting to break the rule whenever they see fit. Someone in there has to realize these are kids that won't always be respectful or responsibly within the rules and the punishments for breaking rules don't work the same way they do for adults because of that.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-12-12 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    You're not even allowed to leave school property here in the US without arrangements with parents giving permission to do so before you're 18 years old. At least that's the policy most schools follow.
    Is that common because it sounds really weird... Most kids here leave school independently at 11

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except you're comparing it to stupid shit that has severe negatives in the first place. What are the negatives of phones? Are as they bad as the negatives of guns?
    Not as bad of course not but i'm making a point while using extremes, same extreme goes for phones with spy software on them to control the whereabouts and dealings of kids under the idea of "safety" or "protection"