10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else sick of the end game "grind"?

It's always the same grind for ilvl (I don't care about AP, that just happens and doesn't make a big enough difference IMO)...for 10+ years. You get the gear, kill some shit for more gear, then a new tier comes out and your gear is basically worthless unless you do the same thing over again. And for what?...

There needs to be other things to do besides just leveling alts and gearing out. Doing past expansion achievements and stuff is boring, pet battles are boring, PvP...LOL.

Maybe I just need to take a break from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Yeah, sounds like you just want an entirely different game. WoW is what it is. If you don't like that try another genre or an MMO which takes a different approach (not a lot of those...)

You need a break from the game.

You could go play Guild Wars 2.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you hit the nail on the head when you said you might need to take a break. Its okay. Go enjoy some other games. The best thing about an expansion based game is there are resets every time a new release comes out, so you could drop now and come back in August next year or whenever the expansion comes out and be at an even playing field all over again. I've taken 3 breaks from the game myself. Its also a great time for gaming because every company under the sun is pumping out their games for the holiday season and there's a lot of stuff to choose from. Good luck finding something you enjoy and if you want to come back to WoW one day, that option is always open.

Its an MMORPG. What are you expecting lol.

Deleted
    Any game is like this tbh. Even CS:GO, Dota 2 your rank will eventually reset if you do not play or after a season. If you don't enjoy the journey you probably shouldn't play. The reward at the end is only temporary anyways, it's all about the journey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Its an MMORPG. What are you expecting lol.
    Ahem...That`s the Hack and Slash where you can expect endless grind.....

Yes.

/thread

I play wow for the gear treadmill, it has one of the best setups in MMOs for it, but there are those out there without it focus'd as heavily, you just have to find them (GW2 is starting to head that way, somewhat)

Other than that, it probably is time for a break for you, they're not going to remove the core of what makes wow, wow. Gearing post max level is a central point.

It's always the same grind for ilvl (I don't care about AP, that just happens and doesn't make a big enough difference IMO)...for 10+ years. You get the gear, kill some shit for more gear, then a new tier comes out and your gear is basically worthless unless you do the same thing over again. And for what?...

There needs to be other things to do besides just leveling alts and gearing out. Doing past expansion achievements and stuff is boring, pet battles are boring, PvP...LOL.

What else would there be to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good idea. My own anecdotal story - I felt the same at the end of WOD. I've been raiding in WoW since TBC, pushed heroic all the time when it was heroic, pushed mythic when things changed to mythic. Burned out towards the end of WOD. Raiding if you're doing it "right" is a lot of "work." I put those things in quotes because work/fun is subjective.

I took Legion off. The only raiding I've done is a pug here and there on normal and some mythic dungeons, but not even the latter seriously. I've caught up some old achievements, and otherwise have just sort of farted around in the game as I saw fit. It's pretty nice to not be obligated to login if I don't have to.

I might go back to raiding next expac, might not. I've not decided yet. But it has been very nice to take a break this expansion. I'd even say the game feels a little fresher for the first time in awhile. Try it, it might do you some good.