How feasible would building a personal aircraft would be?

From 0 knowledge to end result how possible is this?

Entirely possible. You can buy kits.

Just start a crowdfunding thing saying you're trying to prove flat earth theory. You will have endless money to accomplish this.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Just start a crowdfunding thing saying you're trying to prove flat earth theory. You will have endless money to accomplish this.
    "I will build an airplane that flies perfectly straight. If those dirty Rounders are right, the plane's elevation should steadily rise until I am in space!"

Deleted

My neighbor builds his own planes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty easy. You can buy kits. They aren't terribly complicated.

I mean...assuming you're talking about buying the appropriate parts and assembing them. If you're talking about designing your aircraft from scratch, building all the electronics on your own, programming the electronics, forging the parts for the engine and so on...then totally unrealistic for most people. Sure, some people could probably do it, but they'd have to be incredibly intelligent and have access to some substantial hardware and software.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Damn thats sick

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Does it run on regular petrol or does it need kerosene or something of the like?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    From 0 knowledge to end result how possible is this?
    Depends on if your going by construction kit or totally from scratch and also depends on how many times you plan to use it.
    It’s not very hard strapping a couple dozen heavy duty fireworks to your back.

10+ Year Old Account
    From 0 knowledge, expect to need to take a handful of comprehensive classes on physics. You'll need it if your self designed aircraft is to be even remotely safe to operate.

Having a self constructed aircraft with the centre of lift compared to mass in the wrong place would be outright deadly.

Deleted
    I think two brothers did this once and they eventually managed to get it to fly. Sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think two brothers did this once and they eventually managed to get it to fly. Sorta.
    Yes, but they had the wright stuff.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.americanautogyro.com/index.html

something like that ? a lot of parts are already assembled.

or this:
    http://www.buildagyrocopter.com/
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-12-19 at 04:18 PM.

This sounds like the definition of
    DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

Deleted
    Well, first planes were kinda made without strong industry backup and much of any prior knoledge, so...

If it happens frequently enough, it will get regulated into oblivion as they start posing a threat to regular flights in the area, not to mention people will white fliers are breaching their privacy, there is already whining about drones.