Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Where is the CRAFT in this game, I demand they stop everything else and finally start living up to the name of the game! I don't want to kill anymore I want to make cutesy napkin holders and coasters damnit!

Ironic that you bring up MoP since almost 70% of the expansion was about war (Horde vs Alliance, Mantid, Yaungol, Mogu, Zandalari, etc).

Also:
    Fuck pandaria, no one gives a fuck about that place, to this day monks and pandaren are still one of the lowest played race/class combos in the game, despite being heralded as "EVERYONE WANTS THEM SO BAD". Yeah. Fuck that shit.
    More people play pandaren than dwarves, gnomes and goblins.

Deleted
    Looks like a First War Remake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    But we are, sure the war won’t end in WoW’s timeline but the Warcraft franchise will outlive WoW. Eventually there will be a winner.

Garry at least had some depth to him even if his sudden plunge off the deep end was a little over the top. Just watch his death cinematic. He was probably one of the better villains in WoW.

What depth did deathwing have? He was an idiot that liked to use big words and fly around setting fire to things. Sargeras? We only saw him once and his only spoken word during that ‘meeting’ was “no”. I’d rather have a never ending war than fight a mindless villain we know from the very start will be dead within the next year or two with minimal loss along the way. The journey matters far more than the destination to me.
    You went to the worst villain, but there was progress and finality with him. After defeated, he no longer flies by and burns you. There's no more shadow council attacks.
    He appeared, he was a threat. We handled it and now the world has one less threat. There was meaning to our actions.

Now, if you compare with Garrosh, what was the point? The factions just go to war again like nothing happened. Like this story hasn't been repeated across 3 RTS games, vanilla and MoP and also in wrath, Cata and Legion in smaller degrees. It's a redundant plot point. That doesn't do for satisfying storylines because there's no resolution. Just a repetition of /shakefist "next time, I tell you!".

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The point is quite obvious if you get your nose out of the way, rant or not.
    I really don't see a point to OP's post either though, and it does come off as a rant. There's no real thesis statement, no question or critique of anything, he's just huffing and puffing; arguing against a strawman that he built for himself (this "panda generation" as he calls it). Making a thread like this is kinda pointless imo. It's like he's getting on a stage infront of a crowd just to have a conversation with himself.

And all of his responses in the comments are just insults against everyone who's trying to make sense of this thread. He's flaming like some kind of cantankerous old man. It's no wonder he's constantly banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Here's a hint huth, though I doubt you're here for a reason other than to increase your overinflated post count, more than 75% of which is probably filled with posts as meaningless as that one: when someone writes using paragraphs, proper spelling and punctuation, bullet points and an introduction, body and conclusion, it's not a rant or "TLDR" as your fucked up generation refers to it, it's called an opinion, and learning how to read without "TLDR" is the first step to understand what such a thing is.

Let me know when you're done with a 200 word resume of what you understood, otherwise do me the favor of reporting yourself for flaming a thread.
    Case in point.

Regardless, i'll try to contribute to the topic anyways. I guess OP's grief is the lack of inter-faction conflict in WoW? Honestly I think we've had plenty of that for the past few expansions. Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria especially (Maybe not so much WoD, but that whole story was shite). Just because Legion's main villain wasn't the red or the blue flag on the other side of the battlefield doesn't mean there wasn't any H & A blades clashing. Right after the Broken Shore intro to the expansion, trust between the Alliance & Horde was already shattered when Sylvanas seemingly betrayed the Alliance. Not only that, but it further fueled the feud between Genn and Sylvanas which, while understated, still acted as the subplot of an entire zone. Really wish they did more with it though.

Anyways, it doesn't have to be faction against faction 100% of the time. That would get just as monotonous and predictable as both factions fighting a big bad every time (if not even more-so). With faction v faction, you already know that while they can do dramatic things, they can't let either side completely die. Both factions, as a whole, have too much plot armor. With third parties, Blizz has more options to make it interesting, just look how they handled Sargeras, and how his final attack affected the world in BfA. The sky is the limit when you aren't poised to kill the opposite players' leaders.

The back and forth between the two kinds of conflict keeps things dynamic, but I think in general most people find entities like the mysterious Old Gods infinitely more interesting than watching Prince Babyface throw sand at The Bitch Queen. Especially after we learned so much about the cosmic forces beyond Azeroth. With much larger forces being at play, some see this faction war as a distraction; a filler plot. I can't certainly see why, but they would be remiss to think that a conflict like this at the height of things doesn't provide opportunity for outside forces like the Old Gods we've been waiting for to come into play.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2017-12-15 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You went to the worst villain, but there was progress and finality with him. After defeated, he no longer flies by and burns you. There's no more shadow council attacks.
    He appeared, he was a threat. We handled it and now the world has one less threat. There was meaning to our actions.

Now, if you compare with Garrosh, what was the point? The factions just go to war again like nothing happened. Like this story hasn't been repeated across 3 RTS games, vanilla and MoP and also in wrath, Cata and Legion in smaller degrees. It's a redundant plot point. That doesn't do for satisfying storylines because there's no resolution. Just a repetition of /shakefist "next time, I tell you!".
    The finality doesn’t mean anything when you’re not invested in the villain or story. Yay we dealt with one guy, oh look chronicles just added another billion intergalactic threats!

I’m invested in the Alliance VS Horde conflict because we don’t know who will win which battles. With Legion did you go into any raid thinking “We could loose here.”? I didn’t, nobody I know did. It was predictable.

Sure the Alliance/Horde thing will never have an outcome but the battles along the way will and those are what make it more interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The finality doesn’t mean anything when you’re not invested in the villain or story. Yay we dealt with one guy, oh look chronicles just added another billion intergalactic threats!

I’m invested in the Alliance VS Horde conflict because we don’t know who will win which battles. With Legion did you go into any raid thinking “We could loose here.”? I didn’t, nobody I know did. It was predictable.

Sure the Alliance/Horde thing will never have an outcome but the battles along the way will and those are what make it more interesting to me.
    The difference for many (in this case many does not include you, which is fine) is that "United forces of Azeroth vs Big Villain" is a progressing story where each expansion builds on the previous lore of the RTS games or even on the newer ramshackle plot structures on mmo-story-telling.
    The Alliance vs Horde story has since WC3 felt like nothing but a precursor to the Legion that is now going through redundant cycles where it starts looking progressively more stupid each expansion as both factions and neutral forces contain numerous voices of reason that point out the idiocy of continuing the conflict. The conflict fought in the shadow of existential threats to all life on Azeroth.

This whole Azerite thing REEKS of The Tragedy of the Commons.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons
    But then with deadly repercussions.
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2017-12-15 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    a lot of people still play Warcraft for the same reason a lot of people still get crazy over a new Warhammer game: hint: WAR. Not fucking Peacecraft, not Peacehammer, WAR. It's not fucking complicated.
    Don't shit yourself over a videogame, kid. Don't you have anything worth some emotion in your life?