Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Old Gods can easily corrupt Sylvanas and Anduin [Why?]

They both have something the other factions wants and expects of their leader. Anduin is calm, passive. Sylvanas is outspoken and headstrong. The Horde misses its outspoken and calm Warchief Thrall while the Alliance expects Anduin to be its headstrong yet passive leader like Varian. Forbidding these traits by allowing each to have a strategic victory [Teldrassil burning and Lordaeron being destroyed] allows the character to continue on the path they are already on instead of evolving and obtaining the other traits their faction needs.

The two both believe in being right and not changing. They've lectured others on how they view them and it has affected them to the point where those same people have died and they were the ones to take their place. The Alliance sees Anduin as too soft and young and Sylvanas as careless and rash. They both mean bad in times where the planet is dying and the fourth war is about to begin. This allows the Old Gods to exploit their weakness and have them indirectly aid them, N'zoth specifically. If the Horde is continuing fighting the Alliance then the focus off of the infiltration and corruption within the two factions is practically ignored. I see the Desolate Council as some sort of Old God infiltration and someone within the Alliance is leading Anduin astray. While everyone is killing eachother, the azerite can be exploited enough to free N'zoth, have him burry his/her way into Azeroth and corrupt her so we can have a way for the Void Lords to finally possess a Titan. This would introduce everyone to the next main primary antagonist and finish up the stories on Azeroth.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    headstrong yet passive leader like Varian.
    Varian passive? The dude restarted the faction war in Wrath! All because he was duped by Onyxia and was forced to fight as an amnesia suffering gladiator in Horde territory (even though he was actually released eventually). You know who else fought as a gladiator in enemy territory? Thrall! And yet he doesn't hold a grudge and starts a faction war because his feelings were hurt.

Varian is anything but passive. He's a hothead. He's quite comparable to Garrosh.

Well yes, both are susceptible to it; Anduin because of his newfound authorities which he is experiencing for the first time/high probability of being easily influenced by outside factors and Sylvanas because you really wouldn't be able to tell the difference between her with and without Old God influence.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-13 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Varian passive? The dude restarted the faction war in Wrath! All because he was duped by Onyxia and was forced to fight as an amnesia suffering gladiator in Horde territory (even though he was actually released eventually). You know who else fought as a gladiator in enemy territory? Thrall! And yet he doesn't hold a grudge and starts a faction war because his feelings were hurt.

Varian is anything but passive. He's a hothead. He's quite comparable to Garrosh.
    Thrall wasn't warcheif at the time, and owes his life to two humans, Jaina and Tabetha. At the same time, I would have expected the Horde to recognise king Varian and more importantly, he does go on to accept the blood elf he befriended as a psuedo alliance member
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Thrall wasn't warcheif at the time, and owes his life to two humans, Jaina and Tabetha. At the same time, I would have expected the Horde to recognise king Varian and more importantly, he does go on to accept the blood elf he befriended as a psuedo alliance member
    Pretty sure that's only because they were banging.

OT: I would in no way be surprised if at least one of either Sylvanas or Anduin is being manipulated by the Old Gods. They both have incredible conviction in the righteousness of their cause, and this hubris can easily be turned against them.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Pretty sure that's only because they were banging.

OT: I would in no way be surprised if at least one of either Sylvanas or Anduin is being manipulated by the Old Gods. They both have incredible conviction in the righteousness of their cause, and this hubris can easily be turned against them.
    I doubt they were banging, else we'd see her more.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I doubt they were banging, else we'd see her more.
    Nah, Blizzard had to keep Valeera low-key or the alliance fanboys would lose their shit. And I mean, we haven't actually seen her in-game since the Wrathgate incident unless you're a rogue and then she helps with one quest.

Deleted
    Seriously if they play the good Old "Old Gods did this" card with the faction leaders as a reason for BfA, I will seriously lose all respect that i have left for their writing.

I thought undead were immune to Old God corruption?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Seriously if they play the good Old "Old Gods did this" card with the faction leaders as a reason for BfA, I will seriously lose all respect that i have left for their writing.
    If it's Alleria and her emo elves that corrupt Anduin, I'd have a good laugh tho
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I thought undead were immune to Old God corruption?
    Saronite mines as well as pit of saron strongly support that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If it's Alleria and her emo elves that corrupt Anduin, I'd have a good laugh tho
    Honestly, Genn “rabid animal” Greymane has done a fine job of corrupting Anduin as-is.

7+ Year Old Account
    "The boy king sits at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

It's looking more like at least one of those lies will be Anduin's reasoning for going to war with the Horde and attacking first, given some of the PTR stuff.

Deleted
    Honestly, Genn “rabid animal” Greymane has done a fine job of corrupting Anduin as-is.
    IF you were a king and the forsaken invaded your lands and spread chemical weapons over them with the intention of turning your people into zombies, and then killed your first born son, would you be calm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Genn in nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    "The boy king sits at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

It's looking more like at least one of those lies will be Anduin's reasoning for going to war with the Horde and attacking first, given some of the PTR stuff.
    While I'm sure Blizzard was trying to give out information with that fight, I still find it really funny how much we're buying into whispers from a half-mad Old God creature. I mean, lies and manipulation are their whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    IF you were a king and the forsaken invaded your lands and spread chemical weapons over them with the intention of turning your people into zombies, and then killed your first born son, would you be calm?
    Don't get me wrong, Genn 100% has reason to want vengeance. I'm never going to disagree with that, ever.

But as King of Gilneas he has to put the welfare of his people ahead of personal vendettas. As a major player in the Alliance, he has to put the welfare of whole Alliance ahead of his personal vendettas. Were it not for the player character, the Legion would have secured the Aegis of Aggramar and Azeroth would have been destroyed. Genn backstabbed the Horde in Stormheim, killing literally dozens (but more realistically hundreds) because of his personal vendetta, and WILDLY jeopardizing the war effort against the Legion. His actions - in direct contravention of orders from Anduin - destroyed BOTH armies. He needs to either abdicate or be killed, and soon, or the next time a threat to Azeroth as a whole shows up... the player might not be in the right place at the right time to salvage his fuckup.

Lets completely ignore that is always a human priest who get corrupted by the old gods

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Lets completely ignore that is always a human priest who get corrupted by the old gods
    Benedictus and ?

Don't get me wrong, Genn 100% has reason to want vengeance. I'm never going to disagree with that, ever.

But as King of Gilneas he has to put the welfare of his people ahead of personal vendettas. As a major player in the Alliance, he has to put the welfare of whole Alliance ahead of his personal vendettas. Were it not for the player character, the Legion would have secured the Aegis of Aggramar and Azeroth would have been destroyed. Genn backstabbed the Horde in Stormheim, killing literally dozens (but more realistically hundreds) because of his personal vendetta, and WILDLY jeopardizing the war effort against the Legion. His actions - in direct contravention of orders from Anduin - destroyed BOTH armies. He needs to either abdicate or be killed, and soon, or the next time a threat to Azeroth as a whole shows up... the player might not be in the right place at the right time to salvage his fuckup.
    I mean, it's not like it's out of character for the guy. He locked Gilneas shut rather than help out in the Third War or afterward, he's not exactly motivated by the greater good. It's one of the reasons his character is one of the more interesting ones; even if it's not rational, his warmongering feels more realistic than, say, Garrosh or Varian's.