Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I just want a good MMO. Huge server community with the famous,infamous, in-game drama and the routinely(to the pojnt of repetitive) forced social interactions. The gameplay is just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    The point of this topic was that 'people want THE VANILLA EXPERIENCE'

'the vanilla experience' involves something you can't recreate without making an entirely new game. I'm glad you want to play it or whatever, but if you think you're going to run through a game world of 13 year old assets fresh and doe-eyed - unless you never actually played vanilla - you're deluding yourself.
    You're the only one making this argument. Basically you're arguing against your own strawman here.
    Last edited by Akka; 2017-12-16 at 08:51 AM.

Deleted
    The real reason WE want Vanilla (in my opinion)

since when is we your opinion? The reason I want vanilla is to enjoy the game like I used to enjoy it, that's it.

Basically, differences are cool. Unbalance is cool. Farming 300 hours for an Arcanite Reaper to slaughter those who don't have one is cool unbalance rooted in difference

Deleted
    the reason i miss vanilla is because there was no free gear giveouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    He's actually totally right on this one, and your answer is just trolling without any actual counter.
    "ahah you're bad" is not an argument.

- - - Updated - - -

If he wants to raid, he can change to a raid spec. Doesn't make a good leveling/outdoor spec any worse or any less valid.

- - - Updated - - -

If you've nothing left to do in Vanilla, I've a great news for you : you're not forced to play it.
    For those of us who actually WANT to play Vanilla... that's the very reason we asked Blizzard about it : to play it. Captain Obvious, but it seems not enough considering we have so many people who come and explain us how shitty Vanilla was or how misguided we are to want to play it.
    No, the answer is right there.
    People who sucked have historically hated homogenization, because it shows them (and the raid) that they aren't as useful as they think they are.
    Shaman/spriests/paladins being auto-invites where you could practically afk just because you provided a buff/debuff/whatever was bad design.

Go play a cleric somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    the reason i miss vanilla is because there was no free gear giveouts.
    Someone forgot that honor gear happened in vanilla huh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuja View Post
    Someone forgot that honor gear happened in vanilla huh
    No i dont mind the honor system, rank 12-14 system was dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    No i dont mind the honor system, rank 12-14 system was dumb.
    The entire honor system was dumb, mostly because of battlegrounds. There was practically an independent MOBA game inside WoW, which they should have made a separate game and call it 'Warcraft: The Overwatch'.

Without battlegrounds the honor system would have made at least slightly sense. It would have promoted wPvP and kept people playing WoW instead of queuing for instanced content.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    The entire honor system was dumb, mostly because of battlegrounds. There was practically an independent MOBA game inside WoW, which they should have made a separate game and call it 'Warcraft: The Overwatch'.

Without battlegrounds the honor system would have made at least slightly sense. It would have promoted wPvP and kept people playing WoW instead of queuing for instanced content.
    Very good point. They could have made battlegrounds essentially the same thing if they balanced it around being part of the normal world instead of instanced zones. Kind of like the Tower PvP in Terrokar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Very good point. They could have made battlegrounds essentially the same thing if they balanced it around being part of the normal world instead of instanced zones. Kind of like the Tower PvP in Terrokar.
    I think there was a hardware issue at that time. Servers couldn't handle that many players at once so they had to do it with instances.

I could be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuja View Post
    No, the answer is right there.
    People who sucked have historically hated homogenization, because it shows them (and the raid) that they aren't as useful as they think they are.
    Shaman/spriests/paladins being auto-invites where you could practically afk just because you provided a buff/debuff/whatever was bad design.

Go play a cleric somewhere else.
    Go troll somewhere else ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Go troll somewhere else ?
    It's not trolling. Whether or not you want to talk about it, there's more than a few people longing for the days of vanilla raiding because raiding was less about individual player skill, group coordination and clutch timing and more about how much time you had to waste on the game. Consumable farming and grinding through 2-3, sometimes more, raids every week for better gear all directly translate to time investment, which was the determining factor in vanilla raids. Only a handful of fights in vanilla involved difficulty based on anything other than the tuning of numbers; even half of Naxx was essentially a tank and spank with one gimmick.

Many of these people felt 'leet' in vanilla because by treating the game like a job they got sweet epix and saw content everyone else didn't get to, and they're ornery that today the game is less about time investment and more about either simply enjoying content if you're a casual player, or very difficult mechanics if you're a 'serious' raider. They have lots of time to waste but aren't really cut out to raid difficult content. It's not limited to raiding, either. A good example is this very topic, where someone refers to instanced PVP as 'WoW overwatch' derisively, because it killed 'world PVP' - which historically meant 'high levels feeling like they're good players by killing and camping lowbies, killing their quest NPCs, and generally zerging them until numbers evened up'. The honor system was another exquisite of time wasted > actually being good.

WoW was modeled after EQ, which also mirrored this philosophy of 'class and time investment > player ability'. Every pre-modern MMO did, really. That's not to say current WoW hasn't gone too far in the opposite direction, which I feel it has, to an extent. But it's preferable to a system that rewards you for wasting your entire life in the game, and for picking the magic option at the character select screen, instead of the option you really wanted to pick.