Page 1 of 78
... LastLast

Net neutrality gone

It was a fun ride guys, I'll see you on the other side.
    Last edited by Doranian123; 2017-12-15 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    It was a fun ride guys, I'll see you on the other side.
    inb4 the universe doesn't implode.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    [Please upgrade your package to view this comment]
    Ily mmoc

I hope Peter Thiel, Mark Cuban and Gary Becker are right.

[Please subscribe to (TimeWarner™ Package) in order to view this content.]
    Paid for by AT&T™
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to buy my Comcast Elite Bandwidth Season Pass™
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Did they repeal it already or are you just being negative?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Did they repeal it already or are you just being negative?
    Yes 10char.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

the greed never ends

Well, according to Americans in my gym, now you'll have truly free internet. Government shouldn't impede businesses' ability to earn money, it's quite anti-American.

What I personally find interesting is that people are more concerned about internet than healthcare

Well, guess it was nice knowing you guys.

We had something good for too long. Life doesn't work that way. Time to be miserable to make up for all the great times. The cause? $$$$

[The contents of this post can be unlocked in random loot boxes available from your local ISP. We want to provide readers with a feeling of pride and accomplishment when they read it.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't expect things to change right away. If they do huge changes now, it's going to cause a huge response that can't be handwaved away by libertarian nonsense. We'll probably start seeing small changes, like Netflix having breaks in streaming or certain websites not connecting until you refresh a few times.

A good comparison is YouTube red. 5 years ago Android and apple apps that cached YouTube videos to be played later were becoming very popular. YouTube noticed. And so they slowly started pushing those apps to interfere with the service. Some videos couldn't be loaded. Getting an update cleared the cache. Shutting down the really consumer friendly ones and leaving the sketchy apps up. Basically cornering the market to nothing over the course of about a year. Then they were all gone. And after a time of this consumer want stewing, YouTube red is put out that offers this rather valuable service.. for a fee.

This is what will happen. 1-2 years of slow degeneration of services and quality, and then a new service that graciously and kindly offers everything they had rolled back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    This is what will happen. 1-2 years of slow degeneration of services and quality, and then a new service that graciously and kindly offers everything they had rolled back.
    That's the thing, though. It's going to be the same thing that happened with DLC horseshit in video games: The process is so gradual that most people just accept it as the way things are...and when it gets to a point when it becomes completely unacceptable, there won't be the will to do anything about it. Because most people will just shrug and continue to pay the extra fees that have been slowly accumulating on services/features that were once included in the base price.

Who here did their part in fighting this thing? Who here is guilty of letting there nihilism ruin the internet

They haven't even voted yet, guys. The vote will be happening on Thursday December 14 at 10:30 a.m. Eastern. It's only 1:00 a.m. Eastern right now.

[Please subscribe to (TimeWarner™ Package) in order to view this content.]

Time for some good old street lynching of Pai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taedae View Post
    They haven't even voted yet, guys. The vote will be happening on Thursday December 14 at 10:30 a.m. Eastern. It's only 1:00 a.m. Eastern right now.
    Pfff....get out of here with your logic! It doesn't belong on these forums!