Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    "You" I aint a democrat, I aint even American lol. and I most certifiably wouldn't be if I was :P

But did they see this coming though Looking at that poll it seems most democratic voters wanted Net Neutrality. If they knew now what they knew then maybe you wouldn't have gotten Trump.
    Most republican voters want net neutrality, too. There really isn't anyone who knows virtually anything about net neutrality that wants it removed unless they have stock in the corporations that are going to make money from this. There are literally no benefits that I can see to users, it's purely negative. It's getting so bad that the only counter argument supporters (IE, the politicians pushing it and the ISPs) can give are "it's not going to change anything". Not the benefits for it, which do not exist, but that it won't be a bad thing.

It amazes me that people act like this is no big deal, throwing away our freedom to use the internet as we choose because "it doesn't matter". Seeing people post stuff like that on these boards is depressing... it's sad to see that we've fallen to this point as a society where we throw away our freedoms because we don't care enough to do anything.

I doubt Trump is the reason net neutrality is being pushed for removal, but to be fair, I don't really even pay attention to Trump anymore because of how much of a joke he's become. Not gonna waste my time talking about Trump here because unless the two are connected, it's just derailing the thread over a pointless party vs party debate that doesn't even directly relate to the issue here.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2017-12-14 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You missed my point putting into law instead of leaving it to the FCC makes it so that it can be changed between administrations. The FCC changing it to a utility does not protect it as well as making congress pass a law.
    It wasn’t a problem prior to 2014. So you wanted Democrats to pass a law without control of Congress? Are you fucking serious rn?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    By leaving it at the hands of the FCC democrats left it open to be reversed by the next administration, if they had voted it into law it would have been more difficult to overturn. Let's not forget Obama's appointee to the FCC was also against net neutrality but backpedaled because of the public backlash. This is politics democrats will use this for elections, I am saying that they could have stopped this from happening.
    So a guy changes his opinion when the population expresses a disagreement with him? Wow, sounds like a good public official.

Secondly, the FCC is the institution in charge of modifying laws for the internet. You're basically saying that it's the democrats for letting the rules exist the way they are. Hence, your post made no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    "You" I aint a democrat, I aint even American lol. and I most certifiably wouldn't be if I was :P

But did they see this coming though Looking at that poll it seems most democratic voters wanted Net Neutrality. If they knew now what they knew then maybe you wouldn't have gotten Trump.
    I don't understand what you're saying. Everybody and their grandmother was warned shit like this would happen if Trump was elected. He was elected anyways. Now that it's happening you're basically saying we can't blame the people responsible.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    With net neutrality, there is a forced way of running a company as an ISP. You don’t get a whole lot of flexibility with speeds and pricing because it needs to be “fair.” As a result, poor people can’t afford internet because they have to pay for the whole package. They can’t even afford lowest speed options. Us that make money already get fast lanes. I have from Comcast for a while because I give them more than my neighbor. They just hide the fact they do that with all-inclusive price tags.

Naturally, they charge $10/mo, then you opt into services you want for $5/mo. However, net neutrality passed and they were like, “okay, $45 for the package then and you have to pay for it all.”
    So when this is fully implemented, my prices will go down?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is why the telecom industry must be nationalised.

Deleted
    All this shit makes me glad I live in Europe. I love America as well but god damn guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Those sample sizes are more than enough for a reasonable margin of error. It's a misconception you need large sample for accuracy, much more important is whether the population sampled is varied enough.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...l-of-only-100/
    But that depends how the sample size was established. That is assuming every U.S. citizen had an equal chance to be picked to vote for this poll, right? And even then, a larger sample size would give more certainty. There's no denying that, even the article says so.
    Interesting read though, thank you for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Who here did their part in fighting this thing? Who here is guilty of letting there nihilism ruin the internet
    No one "did their part". The FCC ignored Literally everyone and everything. They chalked up every single letter, message and email as spam and nothing more. It doesn't matter who called their congressmen or who sent a angry message. It was all, 100%, ignored by their own admission.

I know the internet was around long before net neutrality was even a thing. I just hope it can somewhat function like it used to. Sadly, without any form of regulation in place, I don't see that happening. I mean, who is going to regulate them in any capacity now? No one can.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    this is why the telecom industry must be nationalised.
    A hybrid system wherein the infrastructure is publicly owned but it's just leased out to ISPs tends to work better, especially in much larger countries with more disparate population centers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I think the worst part of this all is how people think that those who wanted to get rid of it didn’t want it. I, for example, wanted to get rid of net neutrality because in its current state, there were serious problems with it. However, I don’t want an absense of it. I want net neutrality, just in a more refined state. We needed to repeal it to do that. However, we need to not let up on it or it won’t happen and that’s another problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the worst part of this all is how people think that those who wanted to get rid of it didn’t want it. I, for example, wanted to get rid of net neutrality because in its current state, there were serious problems with it. However, I don’t want an absense of it. I want net neutrality, just in a more refined state. We needed to repeal it to do that. However, we need to not let up on it or it won’t happen and that’s another problem.
    Stop shilling.

The only "problem" with net neutrality is that the poor little telecom giants can't gouge their consumers with impunity.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Not necessarily. But, if you don’t play video games, you don’t have to pay for access to them anymore b

Well if i was a Republican congressmen i would make sure this shit is taken care of soon cause this shit could be fucking radioactive in the run up to the 2018 elections!

If there is one thing that unites us its the love of a free and open internet and if that becomes a issue in the 2018 midterms it could be catastrophic for the Trump administration!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    No, dont listen to Zentail, he doesnt know what hes talking about and is making outlandish claims with 0 proof.

Cost will go up or you will have your current service levels lowered or limited. Nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Im sorry, but how do we win? From what I have read, the majority of those in the house and senate Support this repeal. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the voters have no power. We haven't for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily. But, if you don’t play video games, you don’t have to pay for access to them anymore b
    Translation: No. ISPs will simply throttle access under the existing price and insist on additional fees to sidestep the throttling.

This can still be fought and undone. Call your representatives

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Im sorry, but how do we win? From what I have read, the majority of those in the house and senate Support this repeal. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the voters have no power. We haven't for a long time.
    Largely because the majority of the voters behind those Congresspeople support net neutrality and given how things are going, the GOP isn't going to control Congress for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Translation: No. ISPs will simply throttle access under the existing price and insist on additional fees to sidestep the throttling.
    Premier youtube only costs $10 extra a month who cares etc etc. That is his argument pretty much